What's your most played game this gen?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Rayne

What's your most played game this gen?

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 am

As per the title! Out of all games this generation, which one has taken up the most of your gaming time and why?

For me it's Overwatch. If you'd told me at the start of this gen that my most played game would be an online-only competitive multiplayer shooter, I would have laughed you out of the room.

To date I've put somewhere in the region of 300 hours into it and there's no signs of me slowing down any time soon. Continued updates, new characters, an evolving meta-game and, of course, having a team of friends online, all give me reason to keep coming back.

The Beans

Re: What's your most played game this gen?

Post by The Beans » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 am

Are you genuinely interested in an answer or just looking for an excuse to gush about Overwatch?

I'd have to check my game history to see what I've played the most. I do know it isn't Overwatch because Overwatch is garbage. I might get back to you on this but I might not.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am

Not sure, but it has to be between

Mario 3D world. Completed this twice with my little girl and once by myself. Spent countless hours finding all the collectibles. a masterpeice of a game that is getting overlooked because of the WiiUs poor sales.

Killer instinct - An amazing game that has evoved into a game with so much content and things to do.

The Forza games - dozens of hours spent on these.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 pm

My two most played games are last gen remasters...
Skyrim on Xone
EDF on PS4

I've sunk a lot of hours into Horizon on PS4 too. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 pm

I only get a few hours per week to play, but the answers is definitely Rocket League at this stage.
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:23 pm

The Beans wrote:Are you genuinely interested in an answer or just looking for an excuse to gush about Overwatch?

I'd have to check my game history to see what I've played the most. I do know it isn't Overwatch because Overwatch is garbage. I might get back to you on this but I might not.
I'm genuinely curious to see what games this gen have gathered the most attention. I know so many fellow gamers with such large game libraries that I'm always impressed when, out of hundreds of titles, one can demand so much of their limited free time. I imagine Destiny would be a popular pick, maybe GTA V Online. Not sure what else though.

Of course if you'd rather I gush about OW I'd be happy to oblige :lol: .
gman72 wrote:My two most played games are last gen remasters...
Skyrim on Xone
EDF on PS4

Is that the EDF that was on sale a little while ago?? A few friends and I were thinking of getting into it. Fond memories of EDF on the 360 :)

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:09 pm

GTA V without any doubt.

Forza Horizon 3 would probably be a close second.
Last edited by The Laird on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Destiny. Probably spent a few hundred hours playing that game over the last couple of years. Need to take one last dip into the game before the sequel is released in September.

Otherwise its probably any of the Yakuza series, as a whole I've spent a few hundred hours playing them, probably averaging out at 80-120 each... Good thing most games I play are on the short side to counter all the time I spend with them...

Street Fighter V will hopefully end up on this list. I've just gotten back into it after not really playing it all that much but I'm having a blast with it playing it online (as Zangief).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:20 pm

I've played 600 hours of rocket league inc. 4300 games. Safe to say it's That! Lol

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Rayne wrote:
The Beans wrote:Are you genuinely interested in an answer or just looking for an excuse to gush about Overwatch?

I'm genuinely curious to see what games this gen have gathered the most attention. I know so many fellow gamers with such large game libraries that I'm always impressed when, out of hundreds of titles, one can demand so much of their limited free time. I imagine Destiny would be a popular pick, maybe GTA V Online. Not sure what else though.

Of course if you'd rather I gush about OW I'd be happy to oblige :lol: .
gman72 wrote:My two most played games are last gen remasters...
Skyrim on Xone
EDF on PS4

Is that the EDF that was on sale a little while ago?? A few friends and I were thinking of getting into it. Fond memories of EDF on the 360 :)
There's only one EDF on PS4 unless i'm mistaken
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Also Destiny. Currently somewhere over 2100 hours playtime.....I would imagine crusto would say the same, given that we game together. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Either UFC 2 on the ps4 or fallout 4, I'm thinking more so fallout, love it and playing it now. Settlement building takes a lot of my time but I hardly build anything at the same time? Strange.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:49 pm

King of Fighters XIV probably. Can't say I've really hammered any PS4 game but that one has received some serious playtime.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:18 pm

According to the Xbox I have 240 hours on Fallout 4 and there's still probably plenty of quests I haven't even done yet

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Destiny by a country mile, for me it's also the best game this gen
Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 with honoury mentions
"Time fades even legend..."