ps4 or xbox1?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: ps4 or xbox1?

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:16 pm

DPrinny wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Maybe they just dont like any of the exclusives on it
Maybe but he said they go to every other console BEFORE they even go near it. So how do they know.
Plonk a GX4000 in there to see if it will be ANY console

Either way, as Gman probably guessed as well, it sounds like a fabricated story that was made up to reinforce his point.

If I said All my friends come to my games room and will play on any of my consoles but avoid the PS4 like the plague, and they do not even want to look at any of the games, pick up the controller and would rather plkay on a CDI before playing on it. No one could prove it, but its pretty much hyperbole.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Depends on the CDI game

Could have both versions of Nighttrap out....................

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:55 pm

one great game ps4 doesnt have is titanfall 1 it may have a smaller playerbase than 2 but i think its better due to burn cards and better maps but outside of attrition its hard to get a game
This guy are sick

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 am

At this point in the generation, is there any debate? If you were looking to purchase one or the other, surely it would be the PS4? It has so many more games than the X1.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:01 am

Rayne wrote:At this point in the generation, is there any debate? If you were looking to purchase one or the other, surely it would be the PS4? It has so many more games than the X1.
Yes but its about other things as well.

I have a large 360 collection, and a lot I can play on my 360.

Not now, but for a long while you could use an external drive on the one and not on the PS4

I have a load of really good arcade games ( Strrets rage collection, wonderboy collection, golden axe collection, outrun online, Daytona USE and many more ) that you can re download on the Xbox one

I can't put into words how much I prefer The xbox controllers.

All my friends are on Xboxlive.

I am a big fan of Gears of war, Halo, and Forza. and having them as exclusives are a big thing for a lot of people.

Killer instinct has become one of my favorite games this Gen.

Rare Replay

Even now, given the choice I would still choose an Xbox one.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:07 am

Rayne wrote:At this point in the generation, is there any debate? If you were looking to purchase one or the other, surely it would be the PS4? It has so many more games than the X1.
Of course there is debate... all good people read good books and all that, eh?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:22 am

The Wii has so many more games than the SNES and Mega Drive, is it a better console? Enough said really.

I would choose an Xbox One every time for the following reasons:

1. Backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360.
2. It has Forza, Resident Evil and all the exclusives that I want to play.
3. The controllers are so superior its not even funny.
4. Xbox Gold is the far better service with better games available each month.
5. I can manage lots of aspects of my Xbox from my PC.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 am

The Laird wrote:
The Wii has so many more games than the SNES and Mega Drive, is it a better console? Enough said really.

I would choose an Xbox One every time for the following reasons:

1. Backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360.
2. It has Forza, Resident Evil and all the exclusives that I want to play.
3. The controllers are so superior its not even funny.
4. Xbox Gold is the far better service with better games available each month.
5. I can manage lots of aspects of my Xbox from my PC.
Is the Wii a better console? Certainly debatable, but not really an decent comparison. Unlike the Wii (which had no end of shovelware) the PS4's exclusives are some of the best of this generation.

Fair enough, I suppose if you REALLY like Gears/Forza or have a bunch of friends already on the platform it'd make sense. From a games perspective though (which is all that really matters to me), PS4 absolutely trumps the X1.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 am

Rayne wrote:
Fair enough, I suppose if you REALLY like Gears/Forza or have a bunch of friends already on the platform it'd make sense. From a games perspective though (which is all that really matters to me), PS4 absolutely trumps the X1.
There is no doubting the PS4 has had a strong year for exclusives coupled with the xone having a weaker one. Things will balance out of course. I have both machines for the best of both worlds but stating that there is no debate about which console to own is just a pointless way of putting things because different people want different things.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:42 am

The Laird wrote:From a games perspective though (which is all that really matters to me), XB1 absolutely trumps the PS4.

:wink:

And this is why its all about personal opinion.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:32 am

gman72 wrote:
Rayne wrote:
There is no doubting the PS4 has had a strong year for exclusives coupled with the xone having a weaker one. Things will balance out of course. I have both machines for the best of both worlds but stating that there is no debate about which console to own is just a pointless way of putting things because different people want different things.
Not convinced things will balance out tbh. I certainly don't see the X1 getting anywhere near the level of support from Japanese studios that the PS4 enjoys and I'd be willing to bet they don't have 5-10 exclusives ready to drop this year.

I suppose E3 could prove me wrong!

...I mean, it won't :lol: but it might.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 am

There are more exclusives on the Xbox one that I wanted than there was on the PS4.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:40 am

I'm smelling fanboy. It's coming from this thread.

I prefer the Xbox One. My reasons are my own. My PS4 gathers dust. If I ever run out of games on the Xbox One and there's something on the PS4 I want to play I'll possibly dust it off, spend three hours updating it and use it until something arrives on the Xbox One again. Possibly. Because I also have a huge backlog on PC.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:01 am

Rayne wrote:
Not convinced things will balance out tbh. I certainly don't see the X1 getting anywhere near the level of support from Japanese studios that the PS4 enjoys and I'd be willing to bet they don't have 5-10 exclusives ready to drop this year.

I suppose E3 could prove me wrong!

...I mean, it won't :lol: but it might.
Yes all xone owners know that the PS4 gets better support of Jap style RPGs etc..

Personally I think MS are going to have a great E3 but we will wait and see.

I think it's just fair to say that it's not all about PS4... your comment about there being no debate needed was clearly inaccurate.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 am

gman72 wrote:Yes all xone owners know that the PS4 gets better support of Jap style RPGs etc..

Personally I think MS are going to have a great E3 but we will wait and see.

I think it's just fair to say that it's not all about PS4... your comment about there being no debate needed was clearly inaccurate.
Well if I offended anyone I apologize, that's not my intention.

I'm (pleasantly) shocked to see the X1 has so much support on this forum. I appreciate this'll sound like the ramblings of a Sony fanboy (which I'm not, but I digress), but I honestly don't know anyone socially that owns an X1. Oh, before you make the joke I DO have quite a large social circle, thank you :lol:

My local indie store has shortened X1 down from wall-to-wall to just one shelf of games. Having not heard of any new exclusives or releases and not knowing any owners, I honestly thought it was dying off.