ps4 or xbox1?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stayAwhile

Re: ps4 or xbox1?

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:41 pm

flatapex wrote:Well I went for an xbox one. So far I have rocket league, forza 5, forza horizon 3 and battleborn.

Managed to do some fairly modern things- searched for someone I know and added them, messaged my oldest friend, all kinds of modern world madness.

Now I need to start practising on rocket league so I can add sscott and get beaten by him
you have gold ark is free
This guy are sick

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 am

stayAwhile wrote:
flatapex wrote:Well I went for an xbox one. So far I have rocket league, forza 5, forza horizon 3 and battleborn.

Managed to do some fairly modern things- searched for someone I know and added them, messaged my oldest friend, all kinds of modern world madness.

Now I need to start practising on rocket league so I can add sscott and get beaten by him
Two things here:

Has the cross platform feature for consoles been enabled on Rocket League now? Posts on this forum indicate that scott is on PS4.

If the game stayAwhile is talking about is Ark: Survival Evolved then it isn't free, or is there some sort of deal for new Gold subscribers?

Colour me confused.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:40 am

The Beans wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:

Two things here:

Has the cross platform feature for consoles been enabled on Rocket League now? Posts on this forum indicate that scott is on PS4.

If the game stayAwhile is talking about is Ark: Survival Evolved then it isn't free, or is there some sort of deal for new Gold subscribers?

Colour me confused.
I think it was being sorted sometime last year, but if it isn't then thats a shame

I haven't got gold yet, when I get that sorted I will have a look and see whats there

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 am

They're making a free-to-play version of Ark, but it's primarily for Asian markets. I suspect it'll be bombed into the stone age with microtransactions, given the way such things usually tend to work.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 pm

The Beans wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:

Two things here:

Colour me confused.
I think it was being sorted sometime last year, but if it isn't then thats a shame

I haven't got gold yet, when I get that sorted I will have a look and see whats there[/quote]
opps ment evolve sorry a friend of mine keeps saying ark survival evolve insted of evolved
This guy are sick

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:36 pm

If you really cannot decide, you could also try both the controllers out and see which one you like better. The PS4 controller really impressed me and was part of the reason I went down the PS4 route. Just a thought.
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:14 pm

stayAwhile wrote:opps ment evolve sorry a friend of mine keeps saying ark survival evolve insted of evolved
Ok. Well, Evolved isn't free either. It was free last month but the offer has expired.

The current Games With Gold freebies are Walking Dead Season 2, Ryse: Son Of Rome and the 360 game Assassin's Creed Revelations.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:29 pm

The Beans wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:opps ment evolve sorry a friend of mine keeps saying ark survival evolve insted of evolved
Ok. Well, Evolved isn't free either. It was free last month but the offer has expired.

The current Games With Gold freebies are Walking Dead Season 2, Ryse: Son Of Rome and the 360 game Assassin's Creed Revelations.
ah i thought evole was a hang over from last month my bad
This guy are sick

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I own a ps4 and love it, it has by far the best exclusives. Its also the best Vr system for the price point of entry (its not the best, by price wise nothing else comes close).

We have an xbone where I work and without being bias, its by far the worst designed and clunky pos we have. People at the bar would rather play the ps2, x360 and n64 b4 they go near it. And even when people do play it, they play gears of war then get bored (rare replay is great tho).
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:50 am

The Beans wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:

Two things here:

Colour me confused.
To answer original question. XB1 and Pc do cross play and PC and PS4 do it too. But not between XB1 and Ps4.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Trixta wrote: We have an xbone where I work and without being bias, its by far the worst designed and clunky pos we have. People at the bar would rather play the ps2, x360 and n64 b4 they go near it. And even when people do play it, they play gears of war then get bored (rare replay is great tho).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as you're not being biased :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 pm

gman72 wrote:
Trixta wrote: We have an xbone where I work and without being bias, its by far the worst designed and clunky pos we have. People at the bar would rather play the ps2, x360 and n64 b4 they go near it. And even when people do play it, they play gears of war then get bored (rare replay is great tho).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as you're not being biased :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I find it hard to believe.

So everyone is completely ignoring new machine and going straight to the N64. I mean how do they know they don't like it if they refuse to go near it, Is it giving off bad vibes, is it possessed or something.

Sorry but calling complete and utter bullshit on this, especially as any story beginning with " I am not biased " means the storyteller already knows he I, and is about to say something heavily biased and trying to make excuses before he says it. Normally followed by something so biased it can only possibly be made up.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Maybe they just dont like any of the exclusives on it

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:Maybe they just dont like any of the exclusives on it
Maybe but he said they go to every other console BEFORE they even go near it. So how do they know.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Maybe they just dont like any of the exclusives on it
Maybe but he said they go to every other console BEFORE they even go near it. So how do they know.
Plonk a GX4000 in there to see if it will be ANY console