ps4 or xbox1?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Laird

Re: ps4 or xbox1?

Post by The Laird » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:34 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
The Laird wrote:Knowing you love your driving games you should definitely be choosing the Xbox One. There is nothing remotely close to the quality of the Forza series on the PS4, which IMO are some of the finest games ever made.
Good call, not only is there Forza 5 and 6 for track racing, but you also have Horizons 2 and 3 as well.
And Forza Horizon 1 is backwards compatible.

Tons of other great racing games too including Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, Sebastian Loeb Rally, Trackmania Turbo, Mantis Racing, Burnout Paradise etc.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:12 am

I have both, they are mostly the same. More weird / indie stuff is coming out on the PS4 right now and if you are looking to collect discs I would say PS4 also. On the other hand the Xone has backwards compatibility which works great and you can get 360 games for next to nothing now. Both are a win in my book
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

batman877

Post by batman877 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:27 am

I own both, but play on (and collect for) my PS4 much more.

The PS4 interface is really easy to use, the store has genuine bargains (lots of retro and indie titles too) and has over 100+ exclusive titles (definitely play Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne!)

The XONE interface is confusing for beginners, has only around 30 exclusives and the store is way over priced. However the TV tuner is quite a nice add-on and the exclusives are excellent (Halo 5, Rare Replay, Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4 etc) and the backward compatibility is most welcome (although limited at the moment).

The multi-format titles are usually very similar, but performance wise the PS4 usually comes out on top (if you notice that level of detail!)

Having said all that, I'm glad I own both.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 am

I can only comment on the PS4, I have yet to play the xbone but think it might be best to look at what exclusives each machine has?

Last gen we both started with the Xbox 360 but as stupid as it sounds didn't like it as much when they got rid of the blades, we then slowly switched to the PS3, which maybe in part to little big planet if I remember rightly and since then stuck with Sony.

Xbox 360 was more FPS and all my friends on the 360 only played FPS games and we didn't care for them so have been with PlayStation since.

Let's face it they are both the same and down to you really, I don't think any system would be a bad choice

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 am

You can't really go wrong with either, but personally for me PS4 is far superior. Have owned both, but the Xbone ended up gathering dust so got traded in. And that interface, awful.

Eat your nans pants

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 pm

I owned both until about two months ago, both just got stale, same old same old. So I made a decision to sell them both built myself a gaming pc which admittedly wasn't cheap but it's the best thing I have done in gaming terms for a long time.
My son still has a PS4 which I do turn on now and again, Now i have a perfect setup, a high spec gaming pc, with the games I play like Diablo3, Dark Souls 3 etc being better on pc with much bigger communities, but it comes at a premium with regards to initial outlay, my only regret is no Destiny.
However Destiny 2 is confirmed for pc and I can't wait for that, regarding the Xbox One or PS4 I wouldn't recommend either but if I really had to the PS4 is by a mile the best option, or it would be for me and my gaming taste.
"Time fades even legend..."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:51 pm

The Laird wrote:Knowing you love your driving games you should definitely be choosing the Xbox One. There is nothing remotely close to the quality of the Forza series on the PS4, which IMO are some of the finest games ever made.
Gran Turismo?

Coming sometime in the next decade, cant say im a fan of it, but I think a few people are, prefer Ridge racer,

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:49 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Gran Turismo?

Coming sometime in the next decade, cant say im a fan of it, but I think a few people are, prefer Ridge racer,
driveclub but forza is the main racer atm but if gt sport can be as good as gt5 was that will beat it
This guy are sick

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Forgot about that one
Seemed like Sony forgot about it as well, playing in VR could be fun

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:its not your opinions mate, its the sad way you have to try and be funny in every post you make.

Face it, you are nowhere near as funny as you like to think you are.
Don't antagonise other members. There's no need for it.

VirtuaMuser

Post by VirtuaMuser » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Own an Xbox One.

If you've never owned a 360 then a One might not be a bad idea, the backwards compatibility has been really good so far.

But if you're strictly looking for new/current gen experiences then PS4 would be the one to get. The lineup of exclusives is a little more impressive, One had a great 2014-2015 but the lineup has been dry since Mid 2016.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 am

DPrinny wrote:Want Japanese games and indie stuff PS4
Want American games and very little indie stuff XBox1
For as much as Prinny has received some flack for this statement, I do definitely have to at least agree with the first (bolded) part. Most of the stuff I play/want to play is only available on PS4. There's some great exclusives and if you are interested in quirky imports then there's no contest at all. Obviously this is just me though and I'm pretty sure - with a very a basic knowledge of flatapex's gaming tastes - either console would be a good option.

Rare Replay and Killer Instinct are pretty much all that I'd like to play on an Xbox One. Not saying that the other available exclusives aren't great games but they aren't system-sellers for me specifically.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 am

Megamixer wrote:
For as much as Prinny has received some flack for this statement, I do definitely have to at least agree with the first (bolded) part. Most of the stuff I play/want to play is only available on PS4. There's some great exclusives and if you are interested in quirky imports then there's no contest at all. Obviously this is just me though and I'm pretty sure - with a very a basic knowledge of flatapex's gaming tastes - either console would be a good option.

Rare Replay and Killer Instinct are pretty much all that I'd like to play on an Xbox One. Not saying that the other available exclusives aren't great games but they aren't system-sellers for me specifically.

There is plenty of indie stuff on the XB1. They still seem to have a semblance of quality control as well, whereas Sony have opened the gates to plenty of Jim Sterling specials

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 am

Negative Creep wrote:
Megamixer wrote:

There is plenty of indie stuff on the XB1. They still seem to have a semblance of quality control as well, whereas Sony have opened the gates to plenty of Jim Sterling specials
Notice I didnt say "Good indie stuff" same with "Good Japanese games" and "Good American games"
Microsoft's download service is significantly better as they give away full games to people on gold, Sony seems to just give away what ever

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Well I went for an xbox one. So far I have rocket league, forza 5, forza horizon 3 and battleborn.

Managed to do some fairly modern things- searched for someone I know and added them, messaged my oldest friend, all kinds of modern world madness.

Now I need to start practising on rocket league so I can add sscott and get beaten by him