What games do you own and still haven't played?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

sscott

What games do you own and still haven't played?

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 am

I'm guessing for some of you it's lots! I have hundreds of 8 bit tapes and 16 computer disks looking pristine and lovely in boxes. Much other stuff now sold as my condition means I struggle to access games room in attic. I still have Forza 6, Mafia 3, new Doom and lots of download titles on the current gen.

outdated_gamer

Re: What games do you own and still haven't played?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 am

Many. My Steam library keeps growing, yet I mostly cling onto classic or obscure games and play the new games just a little. There's a lot of console, Arcade and retro computer games I haven't yet tried out too.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:30 am

I think the forum might crash if I posted my list in its entirety. There are definitely hundreds, probably running well over a thousand, ranging from Oric 1 to PS3 and a whole range of systems in between. Even the Dreamcast games I spent so long collecting have barely been touched, most had a brief test then put away for 'later'. Its a shame really, as I know at least some of them would have been enjoyable and possibly impressive if I'd played them earlier, but now a fair few will have dated horribly when compared to newer, more refined games I've experienced since buying them.

On the upside, I almost exclusively buy digital now, so at least its not physically piling up.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:32 am

I've owned Dishonored on a couple of formats. Still haven't played that one.

Also, Life is Strange and Mafia 3.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:I've owned Dishonored on a couple of formats. Still haven't played that one.

Also, Life is Strange and Mafia 3.
Life is Strange is deffo one to play. Really enjoyed it!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Loads! Though I have sold a massive chunk of stuff I thought I would never get around to so the backlog is nowhere near as bad as it once was. Breath of the Wild on the Wii-U aside, I haven't purchased anything in the last few months either.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 pm

If we are talking about legally owned games, then one, and that's because I got it a couple of days ago from PS Plus and I'm still playing one of the other ones. I don't have many original retro games, though the 50-60 I've bought in the last 10 years for the C64/Spectrum/VCS have all been played, and the ones I got for the Amiga in the '80s and '90s were obviously played. I've played all my PS1/2/3/4 games I've bought, apart from the one PS+ game which I'll get to in a couple of days.

If I buy a game I play it. If I'm not going to play it I don't buy it until I know I will.

Of course I may have some 'other' games I haven't played :wink:
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:01 pm

I was just looking at a game pile yesterday that I have yet to play most of the games in it and it seemed so overwhelming!

Plus fingers crossed we will be moving soon and becoming homeowners , so I have been stock piling over the years and using the excuse "THESE GAMES WILL BE GOOD TO PLAY WHEN WE HAVE A PLACE AND HAVE TO SAVE A FEW QUID FOR A FEW MONTHS BY NOT GOING OUT!"

Thing is we have been saving for a deposit for a few years now and I have been using that excuse alot..... I didnt relise how much I was using it till we was boxing up items for storage ready to move etc.

On the plus side I can see alot more games being played when we do move however, because at the moment we both cant stand up without getting in eachothers way the space is so small....

I will try and get pictures / list of the unplayed once I unpack....... Fingers Crossed

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:19 am

I've built up a pile of 360 games I have yet to play, from daily deals, shop bins and ex rentals. So cheap I thought they may be used someday :lol:

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 am

Hell yes, Steam, PS4, Xone, 360, PS3, and retro 200+ easy !!!!
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am

Streetfighter IV for the PC - I bought it ages ago on CD.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the PC - I got this really cheap from Game ages ago.
Skyrim - on Steam ages ago. I haven't even started it.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 am

I'd guess at somewhere around the 800 mark... though considering how many I own, I don't think that's too bad!

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 am

I've got no unplayed games on physical media at all at the moment.

However, I've got about 200 on Steam. My excuse would be that most of them came in Humble Bundles that I picked up for other games that I have played though, so it's not like I wasted any money on them.

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:27 am

If we are including games on CF cards, then literally thousands.
Also between Steam and GOG I have roughly 1200 games still to play. I only buy PC games that I know I will play straight away these days.

I'm busy selling of my physical collections so the Speccy is down to about 400 cassettes, there are only about 30 Boxed Amiga games left and 50 or so C16 Plus/4 cassettes.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 pm

PostieDoc wrote:If we are including games on CF cards, then literally thousands.
Also between Steam and GOG I have roughly 1200 games still to play. I only buy PC games that I know I will play straight away these days.

I'm busy selling of my physical collections so the Speccy is down to about 400 cassettes, there are only about 30 Boxed Amiga games left and 50 or so C16 Plus/4 cassettes.
Do you have Commodore 16 Guzzler, Varmit, Terra Nova, House of Usher, Leaping Louie or Dirty Den that you happen to be selling by any chance? And a power house game possibly called Hercules single screen platform game with Herc doing the 12 tasks?

On topic all the £5 Wii U games I got in Sainsbury's are still sealed and I've added Wii U Paper Mario also £5 Sainsbury's. Wii U Zelda only bought it as I know it will become expensive later. Park Patrol C64 as I bought it yesterday. Loads of PS4 games I buy any obscure game. Do emulated games on a x box count As other then mame most consoles are badly emulated and simply not worth playing whilst Mame is laggy and most games have bAd slowdown and frame skips it's the only way I can play Mame short of buying the pcbs.

And in the 70 odd Famicom games I just picked up Nes, Snes and Megadrive everdrives with complete rom sets including every hack pd game, translation and unreleased game.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"