Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

slacey1070

Re: Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:I preordered from amazon...just got email. My wii u version has been "unexpectedly delayed". I'm not impressed.
Yep mine too, f**king gutted, I was looking forward to spending the weekend with this.
Read a few other people have had the same issue. Glad I cancelled my switch order now!

Apparently argos are doing it... not checked local stock yet though.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:02 am

Just spoken to amazon. I'm not sure I'll actually get mine.

"We are out of stock.there is a *possibility* we will get more stock over the weekend"

I ordered this month's ago. Would have ordered elsewhere had I known.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:26 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:I preordered from amazon...just got email. My wii u version has been "unexpectedly delayed". I'm not impressed.
Yep mine too, f**king gutted, I was looking forward to spending the weekend with this.
MIne too. I am going to get it from Argos this afternoon and either send the Amazon one back or trade it in at CEX for £48.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:52 am

Boom! Just had my copy delivered, base.com comes good. :D

Sucks for amazon customers though, you'd think a big company like them would have stuff sorted.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:40 am

My local Game had plenty in-stock, though only 2 spare Collector's Editions for those that did not preorder it. Not sure about the Wii U version.

Its been great so far, the exploring aspect is really top notch. Figuring out how to get through a snowy area in only my boxers (Meh, did not like the beginner clothes, and isnt this meant to be a "Do as you wish" experience? :lol: ) without freezing to death by myself was rewarding (After the first half dozen deaths. :lol: )
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:52 am

slacey1070 wrote:Just spoken to amazon. I'm not sure I'll actually get mine.

"We are out of stock.there is a *possibility* we will get more stock over the weekend"

This is worrying, I preordered months ago, don't really want to cancel and buy somewhere else and have to drop an extra tenner on it when i've got an order tho :roll:
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:06 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:Just spoken to amazon. I'm not sure I'll actually get mine.

This is worrying, I preordered months ago, don't really want to cancel and buy somewhere else and have to drop an extra tenner on it when i've got an order tho :roll:
I didn't come off the phone with a lot of confidence tbh... and I'm not sure I'll get my amiibo tomorrow either. Never had issues with amazing before.... but they seem to have dropped the ball a bit with this, as a fair few haven't got their orders.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:34 am

Picking it up tomorrow with my son at playtime sheffield pre-ordered and has arrived. He's super excited! :) open world seems really cool.
For the naysayers. Let us enjoy this first week as a honeymoon period please! ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Another disgruntled Amazon customer here...you'd think it would be safe to buy it from there! Haven't got the time to try and get a copy elsewhere over the weekend so hopefully there will be stock available somewhere if it doesn't come on Tuesday as the expected date now says on my Amazon orders. Really hoping it doesn't get cancelled and I have to pay some stupid scalper prices from somewhere else if it all sells out.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:53 pm

You should have an email telling you you've got a fiver credit... that's great.

Less great is the bit that says "we cannot confirm a date".

Check your spam folder, mine went there.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Bollox to it; just ordered a copy online from Argos to be delivered on Monday (could have got it tomorrow but I will be working and would rather not have it sent to neighbours etc.). Will keep the Amazon order open until I get the Argos copy then consider cancelling it. Either that or I will get two copies and simply sell the other one for the cost price to somebody who needs/wants one.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Had my Wii U Zelda from Shoptonet yesterday not had time to play it yet as I'm currently enjoying Zero Dawn.. Edge gave it 10 out of 10 and 98% on Metacritiv every review saying it's the best game ever made
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

I've reserved am argos one and will pick up tomorrow.

I'm tempted by the switch special edition...

Spiff

Post by Spiff » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Full-time job plus part-time study means mine will stay on the pile till mid-Sept, but at least It's there, should the Wii U version become rare.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Played a couple of hours of the Switch version, mainly just wandering around the starting area (looking for raw meat to make a specific recipe to acquire a specific item). I like it a lot so far - combat is very fun - the powers you get let you approach combat a number of different ways (such as using remote bombs and very simple stealth to pick off archers) and the actual hand to hand combat feels nicely polished over the last couple of Zelda's I played. Exploration is really fun as there is something fun to explore in any direction you go, and it looks pretty nice as well to boot (some of the environmental effects look top notch).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*