Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:37 pm

It's nearly here, Edge magazine has awarded it the full 10/10 which is very promising.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

Which version will you be getting? I'll be getting the Wii U version.

I've been trying to avoid any story details. Apart from the initial trailers I've not watched any of the hours of gameplay footage and hands on previews since.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK

Re: Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Post by ALK » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 pm

It's gonna be streamed and LP-ed online a lot next week guaranteed. Huge open world game like that with tons to discover, how could it not be?

Preordered the Switch Collector's Edition. Will hopefully share photos of that provided the store got more then a couple in.... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:59 pm

ALK wrote:It's gonna be streamed and LP-ed online a lot next week guaranteed. Huge open world game like that with tons to discover, how could it not be?
Yeah I'm going to be avoiding all that, I want to discover as much as possible myself.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Very much looking forward to this, even though I'm not a huge Zelda fan (the only one I really enjoyed was Wind Waker) the Mrs is & I'm more than happy for her to plough ahead through it in the background while I'm doing other stuff. It looks beautiful.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Really looking forward to it (Wii-U version). I don't watch let's plays or streams anyway so I will (happily) be going in blind. Haven't watched any other footage either aside from the original bits when the game was first shown.

Need to get Paper Mario finished off first to get it out of my Wii-U's disc drive. Just got the last bit to do but I haven't been arsed to make the final push as the game started to get a bit dull and repetitive :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 pm

I've got it on pre-order for the Switch, will be picking it up at midnight on Thursday. I did agonise about buying the Wii U version instead given that its likely to end up as something of a collectors item but since the Switch apparently has a bit more grunt under the hood than the Wii U that's likely to be the superior version, so I made the decision purely on that basis. That said I will certainly pick up the Wii U version if I see it cheap anywhere, just as I did with the GC version of Twilight Princess.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I'll get the Wii U version when I have the cash, £50.00 is a bit steep.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Treguard wrote:I'll get the Wii U version when I have the cash, £50.00 is a bit steep.
They gotta make money somehow, and it being the only wiiU game of note this year........
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:32 pm

I will probably get it, the strange thing is I own every Zelda game but have never played any of them! They are just in my collections as I got them cheap. This could be the first one I play. It's not that I don't like Zelda, i just have never got round to playing them.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh thanks Nintendo,

This cant be real, well ether way it works for me
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 am

Been playing the Wii U version tonight, thanks to another great delivery from The Game Collection, really beautiful game, just massive in scope, the controls are absolutely perfect, soon had Link scampering around the landscapes climbing trees, collecting all kinds of inventory, clobbering a few creatures, and unleashing exploding arrows.

Every nook and cranny can be explored, really enjoying it so far, have made it inside a shrine where it was not immediately apparent what I have to do, so left it there for the night.

Never finished a Zelda game before, but am feeling motivated to do so with this one, a great swansong for the Wii U.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:21 am

I preordered from amazon...just got email. My wii u version has been "unexpectedly delayed". I'm not impressed.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 am

Rave reviews accross the board so far. Hopefully this helps drive Switch sales for Nintendo.

As much as it seems this game was worth the wait, I really hope my copy arrives today. :D

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 am

I picked a copy up with the Switch last night, it will be the first Zelda game that i have played. Looking forward to it.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:19 am

slacey1070 wrote:I preordered from amazon...just got email. My wii u version has been "unexpectedly delayed". I'm not impressed.
Yep mine too, f**king gutted, I was looking forward to spending the weekend with this.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!