Name the Game

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kebabinho

Name the Game

Post by kebabinho » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:37 am

hope somebody can help me with this one.

It was on the BBC micro (model B) and no I'm pretty sure it isn't grannies garden.

I remember it being a series of mini games. One was a suit of armour split up into lots of sections and you had to colour each section without the section next to it having the same colour.

another was directing a car to a castle using a string of commands such as forward (and then the distance) turn left etc.

Can someone help its killing me. I could never complete the directing the car section!!

thingonaspring

Re: Name the Game

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:40 am

I think there was a Knight puzzle in a game called Dread Dragon Droom, but struggling to find too much more about it.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:16 am

thingonaspring wrote:I think there was a Knight puzzle in a game called Dread Dragon Droom, but struggling to find too much more about it.
The coming of the Dread Dragon Droom? It was made by Humberside Local Education Authority, and used by other schools in Yorkshire as educational software on the BBC (we got that instead of Grannys Garden). It never got a retail release so depends if Kebabinho is from the north...

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 am

I'm very much in the South, and we played it at our school :lol:
I don't remember the full title, I just remember the way the name tripped off the tongue!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:07 am

thingonaspring wrote:I'm very much in the South, and we played it at our school :lol:
I don't remember the full title, I just remember the way the name tripped off the tongue!
DIdn't know it ever made its way outside the confines of Yorkshire! That first game where you had to swap the characters round in the burrow to get them smallest to tallest was really annoying as a kid!

kebabinho

Post by kebabinho » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 am

that's it!!! thanks you for this. Makes sense as my dad was a teacher and blagged the BBC from his school to do his 'Work' we got all the games from the computer teacher.

after a quick play through it appears I still cant manage the henry's home section (directing the car) anybody any clues?

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 am

No worries, glad it was the right one :D
I'd actually forgotten all about the game until this post came up :lol:
Bit of a trawl around the past, I remember Grannys Garden, Dinosaur Discovery, Dread Dragon Droom, something about the Mary Rose (I think)? Was trying to think if there were any others. A long time ago now, and not as easy to find as some other games are!