Heads up Wii U and 3DS games £5 sealed in Sainsbury's

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

TheNewMonkey

Re: Heads up Wii U and 3DS games £5 sealed in Sainsbury's

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:39 pm

No reductions in my local, Wii u stuffs always full price in there, I remember a couple of years ago getting absolutely loads of DS & 360 games for 3 quid each in there :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:05 am

I remember Tesco and Sainsbury used to have really good January sales on dvds and games about 2 maybe 3 years ago...nothing this year. My local sainsbury has no interest in its games and looks really unloved, games rarely less than 40quid.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:57 am

Probably a little late now but last time there were offers like this my local Sainsburys did not have them on so I took the games to customer services and asked them to check the price. After they had and they came up full price I said to them that other stores were selling the games on the cheap, showed them the picture and date of the thread on the forum and they rang head office to check.

They came back over and sold me the games at the reduced prices. Might be worth a try maybe.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:04 pm

There's no Sainsburys anywhere near me, and the local Morrisons & Coop have never had any Nintendo stuff in - aside from some shovelware DS games about 5 years ago. I need to go over to Greenock or up to Glasgow for my gaming purchases or shop online.
Where logic won't work, I will

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 pm

We have Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury's and Morrisons here. None of them sell anything other than the top 5 or so PS4/XBO games. Can't even remember the last time I saw anything Nintendo or handheld-related in there. Probably a good few years ago now. They don't even have those bargain bins or rack-ends anymore that featured reduced titles.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Analog

Post by Analog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm

checked my local one, they say they are discontinuing all the wii u stuff and they are not expecting anymore stock, despite this they are not reducing the price of the existing stock at the moment. I might check back in a week or so and see if its changed and they do a flash sale.

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 am

went in again today, one copy left of the only game that I don't have or want to buy, no reduction on the price. I am only assuming that they are selling them pretty well in my local branch and so feel no need to cut the price.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Analog wrote:went in again today, one copy left of the only game that I don't have or want to buy, no reduction on the price. I am only assuming that they are selling them pretty well in my local branch and so feel no need to cut the price.
Went in yesterday, they had new Wii stock but games I had bought for £5 had shot back up to full price.. In fact they had no cheap game only Rise of the Tomb Raider and some anime Zombie game for £5 both 360 as they seem to be discontinuing 360 games.. Even most of the multiformat top 20 was out of stock they had Wii U classic controllers took them to the counter but they where full price..

Went to CEX and they had hardly anything and everything has suddenly ramped in prices 360 games that where £1 a few days ago where now £4 - Megadrive Virtual Racing had increased from £5 to £10
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Analog wrote:went in again today, one copy left of the only game that I don't have or want to buy, no reduction on the price. I am only assuming that they are selling them pretty well in my local branch and so feel no need to cut the price.
Went in yesterday, they had new Wii stock but games I had bought for £5 had shot back up to full price.. In fact they had no cheap game only Rise of the Tomb Raider and some anime Zombie game for £5 both 360 as they seem to be discontinuing 360 games.. Even most of the multiformat top 20 was out of stock they had Wii U classic controllers took them to the counter but they where full price..

Went to CEX and they had hardly anything and everything has suddenly ramped in prices 360 games that where £1 a few days ago where now £4 - Megadrive Virtual Racing had increased from £5 to £10
yea md seems to be going up in price quite a bit recently, at least I have noticed a bit of a change in pricing... bit of a shame that this sale thing didn't last, also a bit bizarre that they keep changing the price around and don't have any sort of consistency across the whole of the uk regarding pricing of discontinued stock. there is another sainsburys which is a bit further away and I might pop in there and see if there is anything over there when I next am over that way.