What are you looking forward too in 2017?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

What are you looking forward too in 2017?

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:50 am

There's plenty of games we'll be covering in the new year, so what titles are you looking forward to off the top of your heads.
Here's a list of titles we'll review in the mag (as and when they come out). What are you interested in?

Resident Evil VII
Tekken VII
Wipeout Omega
Yooka-Laylee
Crash Bandicoot Remasters
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite
Toejam And Earl Back in The Groove
Windjammers
Parappa The Rapper remaster
Voodoo Vince Remastered
Star Control Origins
Sonic Mania
Project Sonic 2017
Oddworld Soulstorm
Hot Shots Golf
Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS
Torment: Tides Of Numenera
The Silver Case
Shenmue III
The Bards Tale IV
Full Throttle Remastered

fredghostmaster

Re: What are you looking forward too in 2017?

Post by fredghostmaster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:18 pm

It has to be Shenmue 3. I've just completed the first one again and am nearly halfway through the second. I've been playing it with my 11 year old daughter and she loves it, she wasn't even born the last time I completed it!

merman

Post by merman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:37 pm

I definitely want to play the new Zelda game and am planning to get a Switch. And for nostalgia I will check out The Bard's Tale IV having been a fan of the series in the past.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:There's plenty of games we'll be covering in the new year, so what titles are you looking forward to off the top of your heads.
Here's a list of titles we'll review in the mag (as and when they come out). What are you interested in?

Resident Evil VII
Tekken VII
Wipeout Omega
Yooka-Laylee
Crash Bandicoot Remasters
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite
Toejam And Earl Back in The Groove
Windjammers
Parappa The Rapper remaster
Voodoo Vince Remastered
Star Control Origins
Sonic Mania
Project Sonic 2017
Oddworld Soulstorm
Hot Shots Golf
Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS
Torment: Tides Of Numenera
The Silver Case
Shenmue III
The Bards Tale IV
Full Throttle Remastered
Bolded the stuff from the list that will likely do it for me :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Resident Evil VII and Thimbleweed Park are the titles that milk me up most.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:38 pm

The "What are you looking forward too in 2018?" thread

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:23 pm

From that list, the only ones that I'm interested in are:

Resident Evil VII - I've played almost all the RE games.
Wipeout Omega - Never been a fan, but interested to see what they do.
Shenmue III - Never played one, but I'd like to see what the new one is like.
The Bards Tale IV - I played the first one quite a bit, so seeing a new one will be good.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:40 pm

I'll suggest:

Battletech - It's good to see there will finally be a belated third entry in this series. With Westwood Studios long gone though, my fingers are crossed that Harebrained Schemes don't fumble it.
Frozen Synapse 2 - Don't really know much about this one yet, but the first two games in the series were good.
Xenonauts 2 - I'll be surprised if we get this one next year, given how long the first game was in development, but that was worth the wait as the old-school follow up to the original X-Com games.

The Switch is certainly an exciting prospect too, but I doubt I'll be getting one until much later in the year. With a touted initial production run of just two million units they might be hard to come by for a while too.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:14 pm

DPrinny wrote:The "What are you looking forward too in 2018?" thread
Well you can be sure Shenmue III will be making an appearance in that thread as well. No way is it seeing the light of day next year, and I'd be happy with that since I'd rather it get the extra dev time rather than being rushed out. I mean the game will never meet the level of hype that its attained over the last 15 or so years of waiting, but 1 extra year to polish it off won't hurt.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the following:

Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7 and Yakuza 0 (all released within a week of each other next month!). Then Nioh and maybe Horizon depending on if Guerilla manage to make a game that plays as well as it looks for once.
Seeing more on the Nintendo Switch - a new Mario (platformer) would no doubt sell me on it, but I'd like to think we'll get more than just the usual suspects getting new iterations again.
Yakuza Kiwami in Summer (I can never have too many Yakuza games)
Crash Bandicoots remake/remaster now with a decent saving option - should hopefully finish it.
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite assuming its not delayed (all I ask is for an arcade mode and a decent sized/varied roster).
Sonic Mania as it looks like a great Sonic game, and Sonic 2017 as I did enjoy Generations an awful lot.
And maybe Cuphead, assuming that actually gets released next year, which is what I said last year...

Oh, and whatever Vita games get released somehow defying the fact that the system should be dead, but still somehow manages to get some support (though I'd imagine after next year its pretty much dead).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:37 pm

In the list, just Resident Evil VII really. Let's not forget Resi 2 HD, I'm totally looking forward to that.

The two games I really look forward to in 2017 are Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:19 am

Thimbleweed Park's one of my most anticipated games for 2017, along with Sonic Mania which looks superb. I've missed Crash Bandicoot, and I'm excited to see that return, and I'm also hoping The Last of Us 2 lives up to my expectations.

I'm excited at the idea of the Switch, and I hope Nintendo learns from its mistakes last time round. If it's a console with a lot of PS4/Xbox ports and Wii U ports there's no reason for me to buy it, but if it has a strong launch line-up and some stellar exclusives I'm on board.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:51 am

Hiro wrote:In the list, just Resident Evil VII really. Let's not forget Resi 2 HD, I'm totally looking forward to that.

The two games I really look forward to in 2017 are Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda.
While I doubt it'll be out next year, I do think once RE7 is out we'll finally hear about 2 REmake. I keep forgetting it actually got greenlit since Capcom don't talk about it (hopefully that's not a bad sign and just them wanting to focus on RE7 for the time being). I sure hope they don't screw it up yet, RE2 is still one of my favourite games ever and I've been waiting for this kind of remake for a very long time.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:01 am

Of those above, new Wipeout and Oddworld games would be welcome, though pre-Christmas I currently have no systems to play them on.

A colleague is quite excited about the Crash Bandicoot remake, though he'd prefer new (series of) games.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:21 am

Yooka Laylee and as much VR stuff as i can get my hands on.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:04 am

On there: Shenmue 3
Off there: RDR2