Retro arcade soccer game?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

proevofanatik

Retro arcade soccer game?

Post by proevofanatik » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Im hoping someone can help me here. Im looking for a soccer game i used to play in the amusement arcades. I remember a power bar building up and when it got full you can do special fireball shots. It would even go into a cut scene when you do a special overhead kick and again fireball shots into the goal. Please someone help. Im desperate to play this game again.

Thanks kevin

The Beans

Re: Retro arcade soccer game?

Post by The Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Sounds like one of the Hat Trick Hero games, especially the '95 version. If it isn't Hat Trick Hero 95 it'll be something very similar so you might be able to google from there.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

space_ace

Post by space_ace » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, definitely Hat Trick Hero, which is more commonly known as Football Champ or Euro Football Champ. I owed the JAMMA board for some time..

Great game, very much the "Ready to Rumble" of Football Sims where they suspend certain elements of reality in order to make a more entertaining game. The fouls were something else too, more like something out of Double Dragon!

goldenone

Post by goldenone » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:42 pm

space_ace wrote:Yes, definitely Hat Trick Hero, which is more commonly known as Football Champ or Euro Football Champ. I owed the JAMMA board for some time..

Great game, very much the "Ready to Rumble" of Football Sims where they suspend certain elements of reality in order to make a more entertaining game. The fouls were something else too, more like something out of Double Dragon!
Ah yes the old flying knee to the face :D

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:49 am

Must. Play. This.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:00 am

It's not the game you're looking for but, if it's arcade thrills and spills you're after, you could do a lot worse than European Club Soccer on the Mega Drive (also released as World Trophy Soccer in the US and J-League Champion Soccer in Japan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plcWBiLrY8

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 am

If we're making suggestions, then Adidas Power Soccer is one of my fall backs, with flying kicks and unstoppable power shots.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.