Red Dead Redemption 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Gibberish Driftwood

Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:57 am

Behold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4
This looks so sweet. Too bad we have to wait until fall 2017.
*drool*
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

Negative Creep

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 am

Looks like it's going to revolve around Marsden's gang days? Either way I'm predicting good things from this.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:52 am

There's not much in that video. But it's enough... 8)

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:07 am

I bet i am not the only one who just started playing the first Red Dead Redemption again. :)
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:I bet i am not the only one who just started playing the first Red Dead Redemption again. :)
considered it but then remembered I stopped playing due to those awful race missions and couldn't face them again

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:20 am

Been contemplating going back to Gun. When I played Redemption first time, I went back to Call of Juarez.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

merman

Post by merman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:29 am

It will be good.

But I'd rather see new IP.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Been contemplating going back to Gun. When I played Redemption first time, I went back to Call of Juarez.
I really enjoyed Gun. Some of the unlockables were cool too such as the armour-plated horse.

On a slightly related note, is Red Dead Revolver worth playing? Everybody goes on about Redemption but rarely does anybody mention the original game.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Megamixer wrote:On a slightly related note, is Red Dead Revolver worth playing? Everybody goes on about Redemption but rarely does anybody mention the original game.
It's easy, short, unpolished ... and will put a smile on your face if you're a fan of westerns. Play it if you get the chance.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:I bet i am not the only one who just started playing the first Red Dead Redemption again. :)
I started it and realised there's just too much bloat to get through for a full replay. So I messed about in Free Roam multi for half an hour and then started in on the very excellent, and nicely streamlined, Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:04 pm

The Beans wrote:
Megamixer wrote:On a slightly related note, is Red Dead Revolver worth playing? Everybody goes on about Redemption but rarely does anybody mention the original game.
It's easy, short, unpolished ... and will put a smile on your face if you're a fan of westerns. Play it if you get the chance.
Cheers :) . Will keep an eye on the bargain bins from now on then (probably passed over it many times already).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Cool. Love RDR, and it's Zombie counterpart :lol: Very, very keen to see a new Bully game :)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:42 am

The Beans wrote:
I found Revolver quite repetitive and gave up early doors, its a completly different style of game. Worth a shot to see if it gels with you, but don't go in with the high expectations I had.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:40 am

The Beans wrote:
....and then started in on the very excellent, and nicely streamlined, Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger.
Same here! Just started Gunslinger yesterday, it's awesome. And it was free with PS+, so even better in my book :lol:

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:20 am

I only recently played through Red Dead Redemption (must give Revolver a crack as well soon), and really enjoyed it, so looking forward to the sequel. Its games like this which will encourage me to buy into the PS4/XBONE generation. Love the western genre (film) so in games its a treat. I enjoyed the co-op missions as well. Haven't managed to quite fall in love yet with the Undead Nightmare pack yet, even though it is highly regarded (probably because i'm utterly sick of zombies).