Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

c0nfu53d

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:31 am

Just wondering, what is Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle like?

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 pm

slacey1070 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:53 am
I was thinking 128gb, as costs rise quite sharply after that.

I have zelda special edition. Also two pro controllers I forgot to cancel at lauch!

Yes that's the games on my list, doom is interesting but I have it on the xbone... although I'll probably get it when it's on sale, just cause it's technically so impressive.

Want to see how skyrim plays too...

Anything I really should look at on the eshop? Stardew valley would be a great handheld game.
Yeah, a 128GB card would be a good start. I've got one in mine and think that I'll probably outstrip it eventually, but there'll hopefully be cheaper higher capacity ones by that point.

It's totally worth having two Pro Controllers too as anyone playing with the Joycons in TV mode is going to feel at a bit of a disadvantage with most games.

From the eShop I'd recommend Golf Story, Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. The first two are Switch exclusives for the moment and the latter is just a really good fit for the system with its co-op multiplayer. I'm pretty sure Stardew Valley would be a good fit for the Switch too, but I'm already well into it on the PC and can play it on the GPD Win.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 am

Yes that's my thinking. Big cards will be cheaper by the time I need one.

Great thanks for eshop recommendations.

Looking forward to seeing what the switch can do.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 am

Finished Mario - as in got all the moons within all levels and even cleared the harder version of the final fight. Also cleared the final bonus level several times in an effort to improve my performance (got it down nicely now!)
Only thing I really need to do now is max out the moon counter. Just need another 10 or so moons via the shop and I'm done. Amazing game for sure, absolutely the Mario I wanted after 3D World. Its nice that after the last few Mario titles which were pure platformers they released something larger and focused more on exploration/collecting.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Getting my pro controller on Friday, looking forward to playing Mario with that.

However I am still quite curious about the new SNES style controller by 8bitdo as a potential second controller. Anybody getting one?

http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30pro-sf30pro/

It is made specifically with the Switch in mind and even has gyro and rumble. I've heard their controllers are very well made but I also saw something about the Switch's firmware updates undoing controller support. :|
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Paypal are doing their "Save £5 when you top your eShop credit with £20 using Paypal" offer again.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:21 am

ALK wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:12 pm
Paypal are doing their "Save £5 when you top your eShop credit with £20 using Paypal" offer again.
Nice. I just need to get my Paypal account unlocked again.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Picked up Xenoblade and the controller. Still haven't finished XC1 and still haven't started XCX. I'll pop XC2 on tonight to give it a look and decide which to play first.

The controller looks lovely, hope they do a similar one for Metroid Prime 4, I'll buy it for sure.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:46 pm

pratty wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 pm
Picked up Xenoblade and the controller. Still haven't finished XC1 and still haven't started XCX. I'll pop XC2 on tonight to give it a look and decide which to play first.

The controller looks lovely, hope they do a similar one for Metroid Prime 4, I'll buy it for sure.
I'd just dive into the new game. There's no continuity between the Xenoblade series as such, so it doesn't really matter which order you play them in.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:26 pm

LA Noire is £32.99 at Game, seems a good deal. I haven't bought a Switch yet but might get this in the meantime 😁
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 am

I see Yooka Laylee finally gets it's Switch release on 14 December. Been looking forward to this one, held off on the PC version for it. Hopefully coming out after Mario won't dent the sales too much.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 am

£65 on the mult coloured pro controller for son's Christmas. Must be mad. Looks a good controller but still...

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Gotta say, the limited edition to Xenoblade 2 is probably one of the most nicely packaged limited editions Nintendo has ever done. :lol: You take the large slip off and then slide open the black cardboard doors to your goodies, its something worth watching an unboxing to see. :lol:

Played a little bit so far and its feels more right at home for fans of XC1, which is great for me as I wasnt too fond of X, hence not getting away far with it yet. Music's really nice too, and the Voice Acting is not too bad, much like the first game is more UK accents which I found to be a change from the usual American casts, but at least you can download the Japanese voice cast for free if that's not your thing.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 am

Fair bit of news coming from the Game Awards.

Bayonetta 3 is in development and exclusive to Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... i-i40Ez6KY

Bayonetta 2 is also coming to Switch in February (US anyway) with a bundled download of Bayonetta 1.

BOTW's New DLC is live right now, includes a pretty unexpected reward for beating all the challenges. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc

Speaking of BOTW, it picked up a fair few awards, including Game of the Year.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:08 am

Good news about the Zelda DLC but they kept its arrival date pretty quiet. I'll never get started on Xenoblade 2 at this rate. Still, it looks like there's finally a decent horse in the game. :D

As for Bayonetta, it's good to see Nintendo sticking with the series. I suppose the second game did rather well selling over a million copies on a console that could barely muster 13 million in total, but if the first game didn't make enough to justify a sequel on purely commercial grounds, I'm pretty sure that it didn't either. They might potentially reach a much bigger audience on the Switch though, so who knows?