Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo ... endoSwitch

Games from £40 up to £70?
wow, bit steep
The guy in the store said those were only the R.R.P and might be a little cheaper closer to launch (Like how a lot of games have a RRP of £50-60 but really you end up paying £40-50 or cheaper if you shop around.)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 pm

I wait till bundru

Might get a WiiU

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:Nintendo Switch will have a cow milking simulator:
http://kotaku.com/the-nintendo-switch-a ... 1791160696
Game of the year! 8)
you can now feel the udder and cow juice jiggle around in your hand :lol:

i've been watching treehouse, these mini games are very reminiscent of the wii, I hope there isn't too many follow up games like this, its quite good as a little novelty thing and as a demo of what you can do but I don't really want to see the console flooded with motion control gimmick games. what would have been good is if they dropped the switch at christmas this year gone.. because this is the exact sort of game you might end up playing over the festive period with relatives after a few christmas drinks.
on a sidenote some of the comments on the livestreams are cracking me up.

going back to the games I really like the look of bomberman ,tetris and sonic.

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:07 pm

would have taken a punt at launch if the console was £200.

Nintendo hardware never really gets discounted by much either so I doubt i'll be picking one up in the next year or so either.

so now we have all three players in console manufacture laying out what they are doing hardware wise for the next 3 or 4 years, i'm out. don't like the look of any of them.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm

All part of the "bring it to a party" plan I'd expect. Watching your drunk friends play those games with all sorts of losing stipulations having the time of their lives, makes for a "I gotta get this for parties!" selling demonstration.

That and farming fanatics. There's a Farming Simulator coming as well. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:27 pm

I still have a wait and see approach. I like Ninty and their games, despite my last two Cube and 3DS respectively. And love this whole concept of the Switch. BUT- the price gotta be right, hardware and software

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 pm

I wasn't particularly impressed.
The console itself seems ok but standard Mario and Zelda aside it was utterly bereft of anything that interests me... at least for the first year or perhaps until a new Metroid gets announced. Zelda has never done it for me and I'm only interested in Mario on handhelds. Also it seems that graphical fidelity reduces significantly when played on the game pad... it's also over priced for what its offering me game wise... I was a little disappointed... I expected more. The Nintendo massive on here will lap it up i'm sure.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:31 pm

DPrinny wrote:I wait till bundru

Might get a WiiU
I'd still love a WiiU if I could find one cheap enough. There's a lot of great games I'd be keen to put a few months into. Nintendo consoles tend to hold their price though.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Preorders open on the Nintendo Store.

How long till the scalpers scoop everything up I wonder. Hours? Days?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm

^Nintendo will probably meet demand on them, as there might not be a huge one
kiwimike wrote:
DPrinny wrote:I wait till bundru

Might get a WiiU
I'd still love a WiiU if I could find one cheap enough. There's a lot of great games I'd be keen to put a few months into. Nintendo consoles tend to hold their price though.
Look on ebay, can get the black one with a few games for around £150, people now will be getting rid

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:13 pm

gman72 wrote:I wasn't particularly impressed.
The console itself seems ok but standard Mario and Zelda aside it was utterly bereft of anything that interests me... at least for the first year or perhaps until a new Metroid gets announced. Zelda has never done it for me and I'm only interested in Mario on handhelds. Also it seems that graphical fidelity reduces significantly when played on the game pad... it's also over priced for what its offering me game wise... I was a little disappointed... I expected more. The Nintendo massive on here will lap it up i'm sure.
My thoughts too. I was looking forward to it but I'm underwhelmed. Think I'll stick with the Wii for my Nintendo fix and re-evaluate in 6 months.

It's too expensive for me. I'm not saying it IS too expensive, just is for me.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:18 pm

greenberet79 wrote:
gman72 wrote:I wasn't particularly impressed.
My thoughts too. I was looking forward to it but I'm underwhelmed. Think I'll stick with the Wii for my Nintendo fix and re-evaluate in 6 months.

It's too expensive for me. I'm not saying it IS too expensive, just is for me.
Indeed...
Underwhelmed is exactly my feeling.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Its £279.99 without a pack in game
Plonk in that 1-2 switch as nobody will buy it unless its cheap, or include that with a twin controller set

The Wii sold on Wii sports, the WiiU sold on.................something, they need a wiisports style thing that gets people interested as the overall populace will be "Huh? So its a tablet that I connect to my TV" and paw at the screen looking for candy crush and the Facebook app

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Literally no incentive to buy this console.

Breath of the Wild is releasing on Wii U the same day, although I won't be picking that up either as gameplay make it out to be the NO MANS SKY of Zelda games. All Scale, no substance. I swear I have counted about 10 enemies in all the videos of the game to date. So......dull and empty

Online subscriptions? Nintendo? If they don't have a decent interface, bring in achievements, and ditch the friend codes once and for all, they will have trouble.

Paying for MK8 again, just to have one of the main features, that was a staple in the franchises history, back in the game. Forget it Nintendo.

Splatoon 1.5 (Another 40 quid)

Certain games charging £40, when they should realistically be pack in games, Eshop releases, or even free.

I usually buy Nintendo consoles for latest Mario Kart and Zelda's, but seeing as Zelda is releasing on Wii U also, and Mario Kart 8DX will likely be the only Mario Kart for the Switch, I can easily pass on this console, and stick with their Wii U counterparts

Nintendo literally has no clue anymore. I'm pretty much done with them.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Wii U already ditched the Friend Codes. I doubt they'll go back. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.