Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:30 pm

pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Apparently if you pre-orded the digital version of Samurai Shodown on the Switch early next year, you also get the Samurai Shodown 2 Neo Geo Pocket Colour game. Think I'd still prefer a physical version, assuming there is one.
Wait what?
It's a bloody good game on the NGPC, but why?

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:30 pm
pratty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Apparently if you pre-orded the digital version of Samurai Shodown on the Switch early next year, you also get the Samurai Shodown 2 Neo Geo Pocket Colour game. Think I'd still prefer a physical version, assuming there is one.
Wait what?
It's a bloody good game on the NGPC, but why?
Something to make up for, considering how much later the game is coming after its release on other systems I suppose. Or maybe testing the waters to see if rereleasing NGPC games in the same vain as those other digital NEO GEO rereleases would be popular enough or not....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Yeah that'd be great, from clicky mircoswitched goodness to mushy plasticy naffness

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Just noticed The Touryst is released tomorrow, still don't know much about it but the art style looks really good.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Had an interesting "debate" recently on Twitter with a self proclaimed "real gamer", who dismissed the Switch (and Nintendo as a whole) out of hand.

Apparently, there are no AAA titles for Switch. Games such as Mario Odyssey, BOTW, Mario Kart etc are just "indie games". And his rationale? Nintendo games don't look "as good" as PS4 games, so they can't be AAA. Seriously.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 pm

I just think no company's are releasing games any more except in the arcades. Not that nintendo of Sony have no good games on there machines

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm

learnedrobb wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm
Had an interesting "debate" recently on Twitter with a self proclaimed "real gamer", who dismissed the Switch (and Nintendo as a whole) out of hand.

Apparently, there are no AAA titles for Switch. Games such as Mario Odyssey, BOTW, Mario Kart etc are just "indie games". And his rationale? Nintendo games don't look "as good" as PS4 games, so they can't be AAA. Seriously.
He probably plays COD and Fifa and is definitely another stupid fanboy.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 am

DPrinny wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm
learnedrobb wrote:

He probably plays COD and Fifa and is definitely another stupid fanboy.
For sure.

His Twitter name was something like "the last real gamer".

What's amazing is he was totally serious about his view. He genuinely didn't class anything Nintendo does as AAA.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:08 am

Well people are entitled to their views on things, even if they are so stupid that anging your head on a wall will be a better use of your time

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 am

Meanwhile, the PS4 plays games on what's basically the "low" graphical settings for PC. I guess only those nasty elitist "master race" types would point that out though. :wink:

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 am

learnedrobb wrote:

Sounds like Russian bot talk!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:28 am

RetroBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 am
learnedrobb wrote:

Sounds like Russian bot talk!
I know... but this was a genuine, actual human. He just wouldn't accept that Nintendo made AAA titles.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:00 pm

learnedrobb wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:28 am

His loss. I also find it ironic that these "real gamers" shun Nintendo and are instead drawn to the types of games that often sell themselves through cinematic trailers devoid of any significant gameplay footage.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:02 pm

There are some good Micros SD card deals on amazon and perhaps elsewhere at the moment, tempted to upgrade but the limited space I have is actually stopping me from making more probably unnecessary digital purchases.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:25 am

Amazon has regular sales on SD cards, I picked up a 400GB card for around £65 a couple of months back. That offer floats around for a day or two every month or so, I kept missing it, but seems to be the best size/value at the moment if you can catch it. Usually Nintendolife flags when the sales are on, they have a list of SD card deals.

Bought Mudrunner at the weekend, its on sale for £12ish. Slow, frustrating, but quite satisfying when you finally complete a challenge.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.