Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 am

This was my point, the rumour has persisted for some time, but it remains rumour.

There are no factual announcements or leaks of any significant change to the lineup other than the existing efficiency revision to the launch hardware and the release of the Lite.

Yet he asks when the 'new' Switch will be available and what the new features are, as if he has some insight to a new release.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:03 am

@learnedrobb. What's a switch pro, what does the pro bit meam

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am

Its short for Prog, it plays a random prog rock tune every now and then from the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAssd5p6LZM

The last Smash brothers characters is...................

Somebody else from Fire emblem
He has such a boner over that bloody series.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:54 am

Nin10dofan wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:03 am
@learnedrobb. What's a switch pro, what does the pro bit meam
It doesn't mean anything as it doesn't exist, it's just a rumour. Pro has just been taken from other things, like the PS4 Pro, to indicate this mythical beast you want to know about.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:45 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am
Its short for Prog, it plays a random prog rock tune every now and then from the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAssd5p6LZM

The last Smash brothers characters is...................

Somebody else from Fire emblem
He has such a boner over that bloody series.
Last of the current Fighter Pass anyhow, a further 6 characters are coming as part of a 2nd Fighter Pass.

Also more Mii costumes including Cuphead and Assassin's Creed if that softens the blow a bit.

Personally, I'm not fussed, in-fact I'm kinda glad these DLC fighters are not just 3rd party exclusive. Since I'm still really hoping for Rex+Pyra from Xenoblade 2. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Id admit
Cena would be a WTF if it was true. hidden skill, if its a championship match he gets a major buff if his five moves are done in order

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:28 am

Byleth looks good to me, looks like they made the effort to make him/her play a little differently to the other sword wielding fire emblem characters, which they made a joke about. I'm a big fan of Three Houses so I'll want him/her and the stage in my game. Will probably get the whole character bundle actually.

Also revelaed yesterday was the trailer for the Three Houses DLC showing a 4th house. Looking forward to this side story.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:34 am

Its a bit underwhelming for me
One character from a game I don't care about (Persona 4)
One from Dragon Quest that I have yet to try
Banjo is decent
Terry makes me wish I didnt have to use the rubbish stick to play smash
And the last is another person from a game I dont give a toss about (The Fire emblem series never clicked with me)

Switch wise
Hyrule Warriors is one of the best warriors style games
One annoyance is having to go into the menu every time I want to command someone to go somewhere

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 am

Underwhelming for you! I'm sick of the sight of Smash Bros announcements cluttering up my Switch news feed, I can't abide the game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 am
Underwhelming for you! I'm sick of the sight of Smash Bros announcements cluttering up my Switch news feed, I can't abide the game.
Its a fun party game, but its one of them where you get people that take it seriously

Had one at my set up at Doki doki fest
He spent five minutes messing with the controls, then moaned about having items on and having all stages selectable.
He also fitted in with the stereotypical Smash brothers player
(Ie the lack of personal hygiene)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 am

The last Smash Bros character wasn't quite who I wanted (I wanted Dante myself, Capcom fan and what not) but I really enjoy the other characters of the pass so I'm not exactly that bothered, he/she might play really fun so I won't really judge until they are out. My overall issue I supposes is yet another FE character, at least they aren't just wielding a sword this time I guess. I'd rather have a new Zelda character (I mean, not like BOTW alone doesn't have a few interesting ones to pick from...)
I'll be interested to see what the next 6 fighters are though.

Anyway, speaking of Dante, the Switch port of DMC3 is getting a real time style switching option, which is a fairly big deal in terms of additions. It'll change the flow of the gameplay quite a bit. Really can't wait for that!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:17 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 am
The last Smash Bros character wasn't quite who I wanted (I wanted Dante myself, Capcom fan and what not) but I really enjoy the other characters of the pass so I'm not exactly that bothered, he/she might play really fun so I won't really judge until they are out. My overall issue I supposes is yet another FE character, at least they aren't just wielding a sword this time I guess. I'd rather have a new Zelda character (I mean, not like BOTW alone doesn't have a few interesting ones to pick from...)
I'll be interested to see what the next 6 fighters are though
I can see why the Dante rumor became so strong but it's frustrating to see Nintendo taking flack for gamers ultimately disappointing themselves. He may still come anyway.

Generally the additions to the Smash rosters tend to be based on the generation before, for example we saw Snake added for Brawl on the Wii after appearing the Gamecube. But with the ability to update the game there's no reason not to add notable characters from current gen games as well as the past, which we saw with Bayonetta added to Smash Wii U through DLC. Maybe then we'll see Rex from XC2, perhaps even Geralt from The Witcher.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:22 pm

I think if you swapped Byleth and Terry around, I think that would have been received a little better and not end the pass on pretty much a wet match note (If you're not heavily into FE). I do wonder if when Sakurai got word they would be doing a 2nd Fighter's Pass he decided to swap another character out for Byleth and that other character was put into Pass 2 as I don't see this game's DLC ending on Byleth if there was only ever going to be 1 Fighter's Pass.

But hey, all to their own I guess. Just glad it brings hope for Rex to be included.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:05 am

People complain about Terry as well though, not as much granted but some rather... uninformed people like to pretend that he's a nobody... that somehow managed to show up in games that span a good 30 years...

Only issue I have with another FE is that they drag their feet over guys like Ridley or K Rool (major characters in big Nintendo series) yet chuck in the latest FE character as soon as their games are released. I'd have had no problem if they were in the base roster (like how Pokemon ALWAYS get a new character in the base roster) but I'd rather DLC be for much requested characters or more obscure stuff. That said, the way some people freaked out and attacked the Byleth VA over Twitter is... bizarre. Not like we don't already know that 6 more characters are coming out.

What I did miss is that there's a really nice looking Cuphead mii being released as well, now that I want! (along with some of those Mega Man miis...)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 am

The inclusion of Byleth and the timing of it may have been at least partly a marketing strategy for the release of the story DLC.