Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Beans

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by The Beans » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:56 pm

the_hawk wrote:I don't have a PC or a PS4.
It's ok, a little checking shows the game's as late as ever but still coming for pc. When I saw your post I thoughr it had maybe been switched to the Switch or something. I'm a bit narked they're going to be faffing about with a Switch version though when they still haven't got it sorted on the original target platform.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Analog

Post by Analog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 pm

so chucklefish have basically just decided to make the next advance wars. i'm ok with this, I was thinking the other week that an rts game on switch would be amazing with that local multiplayer. smart decision, advance wars has a lot of fans. personally i'd love it if they took it a bit further with the graphics, they could probably make a 3d version now with the tech available.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 am

Early reviews are starting to come in...........and they aren't that great. Trying to use it in portable mode with the right stick halfway down does not look comfortable either

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:46 pm

G funk error
Last edited by DPrinny on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikolai

Post by Nikolai » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Early reviews are starting to come in...........and they aren't that great. Trying to use it in portable mode with the right stick halfway down does not look comfortable either
Early reviews I've seen (and I've seen a few) is mostly positive. There are some kinks, but they're not new. Problems with left JoyCon, small internal storage and battery life is the main concerns. Not one of those are new, and none of them are a big thing, granted the first can be fixed that is. And I have understood it's a good chance of that. I think GameXplain got it right; before the online capabilities, day 1 patch and eShop etc are live, it's hard to judge properly either way. A console these days rise and fall dependent on those things, as well as games. And games is no problem right now.:)

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:49 pm

yea seems a bit mixed at first glance. I thought the eurogamer article was positive and they generally liked it, but I just scrolled down google and saw wired gave it 5/10.... but I had a quick look on metacritic and I counted 34 positive reviews and 9 mixed reviews so far (although one of those is the wall st journal ,I don't anyone should take what they write seriously lol)
so its looking more positive than negative currently.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:56 am

They're content claiming any Youtube footage of Zelda as well, despite the fact they supplied channels with review copies. They really haven't figured out how publicity works have they?

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 am

Reviews seem favourable.

Not sure why quite a few people on this forum seem down on the console - have they actually played on it?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 am

greenberet79 wrote:Reviews seem favourable.

Not sure why quite a few people on this forum seem down on the console - have they actually played on it?
Yes, needs exclusives of note, and a bigger controller, the pro one is to small

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:06 pm

greenberet79 wrote: Not sure why quite a few people on this forum seem down on the console - have they actually played on it?
I certainly won't slate it without trying it but then again, there'd need to be some interesting, new titles that I actually want to play. Getting Zelda on Wii-U so other than that, there's doesn't seem to be anything for me on Switch.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Negative Creep wrote:They're content claiming any Youtube footage of Zelda as well, despite the fact they supplied channels with review copies. They really haven't figured out how publicity works have they?
From what I've heard from a Youtuber, Nintendo's content claiming is usually a Nintendo of Japan issue, Nintendo of America is actually okay with it. Though the Youtuber has worked closely with NOA to get it resolved so I dunno how others go about to do the same.

Looks like you CAN access the other regional eShops to download games if getting Puyopuyo Tetris early or the Dragon Quest Heroes demo is your thing (Though whether Nintendo intended for that feature or not, we'll see...)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... ndo_switch

Also we're getting a couple of Neo Geo games on day one.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... launch_day
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:58 pm

ALK wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:They're content claiming any Youtube footage of Zelda as well, despite the fact they supplied channels with review copies. They really haven't figured out how publicity works have they?
From what I've heard from a Youtuber, Nintendo's content claiming is usually a Nintendo of Japan issue, Nintendo of America is actually okay with it. Though the Youtuber has worked closely with NOA to get it resolved so I dunno how others go about to do the same.

Nintendo Japan seem to have a complete lack of understanding about how the internet works in the West or fair use laws, but you'd think someone from NOA could influence them. Some big channels like Angry Joe and Nerd3 don't even bother covering Nintendo games due to the hassle they get, which is a lot of potential sales for zero effort on Nintendo's part.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Megamixer wrote:
greenberet79 wrote: Not sure why quite a few people on this forum seem down on the console - have they actually played on it?
I certainly won't slate it without trying it but then again, there'd need to be some interesting, new titles that I actually want to play. Getting Zelda on Wii-U so other than that, there's doesn't seem to be anything for me on Switch.
Couldn't have put it better myself, just nothing that I want to play that would warrant shelling out £280 quid on, Got Zelda and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, Splatoon just does not look different enough, and out of the list of Indie games, there is very little I have not played elsewhere.

One for the future, unless it goes the sad way of the Wii U.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:47 pm

anyone else finding the joycon controller (when assembled) both uncomfortable and cheaply made?
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:04 pm

greenberet79 wrote:Reviews seem favourable.

Speaking for myself, there aren't enough games yet to justify a purchase, and the cost is too expensive for me tbh. A hundred dollars local currency more than PS4/XB1 deals that include a couple of free games. Aside from that, I have nothing against Switch. I like Nintendo as a company and their franchise flagships, and I think that switch looks pretty cool. The lack of titles should change...but it's still more than I want to pay, when I can upgrade from 360 to a more advanced home machine where both the options already have an established library of great games, and good discounts on those titles.
That's about as honest as I can be, I have nothing personal against Switch- and would love a go on the new Zelda.
If there were still rental stores around, I'd get a switch and Zelda for a week and take a few days off work :lol: