Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kiwimike

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 pm

I see our local launch price is a little on the disappointingly high side. There's a lot I like about the Switch for sure, but the pricing may just have me out as you can get better deals on PS4/XB1 if I was going to get something new. It'd be fab to have portable and home in one unit, with decent but not cutting edge games on it. And I'd love to rip into a new Zelda. Never say never of course, but just a bit too highly priced for me personally. Others will disagree, and each to their own of course :)

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 pm

I will forever feel burned by the WiiU. Paid top dollar for it very early doors and it's been the most disappointingly underused console in the last 20 years. They can kiss my arse before I pay those stupid prices for the switch. When I can buy one for under £200, I'll consider it.

On a side note, I would LOVE it if the WiiU became an emulation machine. It would be perfect for the old 8 & 16 bit computers because the game pad would let you have a very practical mouse and keyboard combo.

/Dreams
:)

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 pm

Gigifusc wrote:I will forever feel burned by the WiiU. Paid top dollar for it very early doors and it's been the most disappointingly underused console in the last 20 years. They can kiss my arse before I pay those stupid prices for the switch. When I can buy one for under £200, I'll consider it.

On a side note, I would LOVE it if the WiiU became an emulation machine. It would be perfect for the old 8 & 16 bit computers because the game pad would let you have a very practical mouse and keyboard combo.

/Dreams
:)
Totally understand what you're saying. As a sidenote I'd be happy to get a WiiU now for a bundle at the right price. And I agree with you. I like the look of the switch, and with some decent games I'd be keen. But not at the launch price I've seen on our local sites and stores. In local currency the Switch will start at NZ$550 odd. You can get a PS4 bundle with a couple of titles for $450. And it's a buyers market, go to the right store with cash in hand and get a bit more off or some freebies to sweeten it. Haven't looked at XB1 but I'm sure it would be similiar

Spiff

Post by Spiff » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:22 am

Wii U was out for 3 years before price and games were enticing enough for me, and that was after getting Gamecube and Wii on their launch dates.

Hoping Nintendo get their act together more quickly, but with that price and Mario Odyssey the only game of interest (will get Wii U Zelda, and other decent Switch games are Wii U updates) and months away, Switch is very much a "wait and see" console.

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:34 am

Can anyone remember a more underwhelming launch?

Be nice to see another F-Zero, Metroid or Donkey Kong out in time for Christmas, I really enjoyed the last Donkey Kong on Wii U, highly recommend it to any Wii U owners here.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Online Subscription priced.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... ne_service
Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.
That's pretty decent for a year compared to PSN/Xbox Live. Okay you get 12 VC rentals instead of free games, but at least its not the same cost. Just hope there's also options for monthly and 3 month subs as well.

Also talk about VR support.
He says Nintendo currently "studies" VR + will add VR to Switch once they figure out how users can play for hours without problems. /end
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:09 pm

ALK wrote:Online Subscription priced.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... ne_service
Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.
That's pretty decent for a year compared to PSN/Xbox Live. Okay you get 12 VC rentals instead of free games, but at least its not the same cost. Just hope there's also options for monthly and 3 month subs as well.
It's cheaper but still overpriced and there's no indication that the voicechat app is included in that price.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:50 am

So that puts the online subscription in the realms of £20-£25 over here. which isn't too bad and was exactly what i was hoping for to make it viable. I still won't pay for it unless there are decent games that make me want to play online. Maybe Splatoon and a couple others.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:39 pm

F-Zero online! That would be ace!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Why are people getting hyped for F-Zero?
Im not seing anything of it, just the kinda clone of it called redout

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Well if they're adding online to SNES games, technically you might get the SNES F-Zero online! :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -uk-cities

Going to the Manc Sunday morning one

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am

Just under a month to go. My sons delayed birthday present. Not sure what room to put it in. There's a wii u in one room already so maybe the other one. He's getting the one with the red and blue controllers because why not?

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Cancelled my pre-order on this. I was a bit disappointed with the launch lineup but hoped at least we'd have some more news in the way of digital support or virtual console titles. IF it turns out to be successful, I'll think about picking one up at the end of 2017, when the new Mario title launches. Until then, I'm not going to be a burned day one adopter again

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 am

It's not going to be successful if everyone waits to buy it. :lol: