Any Sinclair games experts on here?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dannyhalifax

Any Sinclair games experts on here?

Post by Dannyhalifax » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi all,

Due to having my second child I have slowly been getting rid of my hoards of retro gear to make space to for the young'us bedroom.

I have managed to get rid of 95% of my gear for a fair price, I'm now down to getting rid of my Sinclair \speccy games , I'm going to stick them all in a big bundle as most are ones you can pick up cheap.

However I have 3 games which I can find very little info on and could do with an expert giving me some advice on these games if possible, the games are :Zaraks. , Carpet Capers and Mag max.

If there worthless I'll stick them in the bundle with the rest , however with me unable to find very little info on them I'm wondering if they might be worth a Bob or 2!

After this lot has gone iv finally got rid of everything, which means no more listing to loading tapes or the excitement watching the loading screen getting ready to play the game.

I will be however enjoying my retro fix with emulation,but nothing will ever beat sitting down setting a game to load and making a brew and grabbing some buddies to enjoy while playing.

Cheer's

Danny

binaryRooster

Re: Any Sinclair games experts on here?

Post by binaryRooster » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 pm

I'd recommend joining the Sinclair for sale group on Facebook and asking there. They have some hardcore collectors on there who will let you know if you have anything worth something.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:27 pm

None of them fit my definition of collectable, but I suppose they're all games that don't come up all that often so you might find someone who's trying to get a full set for the publisher. They're certainly not the holy grail or anything though, and I think you'd be lucky to get more than a fiver for any of them.

In general, the Spectrum software that commands the highest prices fits into one of these categories:
1. ROM cartridges.
2. Rare Sinclair educational titles. Not Survival and Make-A-Chip though, as they were bundled with the Spectrum Plus.
3. Ultimate games, particularly the later ones that didn't sell very well.
4. Self-published games from bedroom coders, particularly ones that have yet to be preserved on WOS.

Dannyhalifax

Post by Dannyhalifax » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 am

Cheer's for the advice lads , I wasn't expecting I was sitting on a gold mine. But seeing very little info for them online I thought there maybe someone who needs them for their collection,rather than selling them to a reseller who immediately relist it with a £500 BIN price :lol:

I'll check over at WOS and see if anyone there is interested.

Again many thanks

Danny