Parent's Favourite Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed May 30, 2007 9:16 am

In fact just put a Master System emulator on my parents PC so my Mum can play Alex Kidd again, she wasn't too keen on the PSP.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Wed May 30, 2007 11:20 am

My Dad and I used to play Satelite Attack and Take The Money And Run on the Phillips Video Pac for hours, and dabbled with the Hobbit on the speccy.
The funny thing was he had no interest in the micros, until the Atari ST, where Bubble Bobble, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh!,Defender Of The Crown, Nebulas and Stunt Car Racer became his games of choice.
Just where is Mickey T?

beesty

Post by beesty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:00 am

Dad's was Football manager on speccy,nuff said.
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

daverage

Post by daverage » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:53 am

My dad loves Call of Duty 2 and Medal of Honor. Not bad as he is 69!!
Andrzej 'daverage' Marczewski
http://www.yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk
Games reviews written by gamers for gamers

Retrofanboy

Post by Retrofanboy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:15 am

daverage wrote:Not bad as he is 69!!
Since i infected my dad with the game-virus back in '85 he is buying consoles on a regular base - ps3 included and he is 65 :-)

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:56 am

My Dad used to enjoy playing Toca2 on PC with a proper wheel, but he never really got on with any other racers he tried. We used to play 2 player races, but he would always turn around and race backwards trying to crash head-on into me. :D

Don't think my mother has even tried playing a game since the first day or two we got a Speccy. I've tried getting her to play the EyeToy games, but she's simply not interested.

We did attempt to get my Gran playing Solitaire on our first PC once, but she couldn't understand how the mouse movement related to the cursor on-screen. She kept picking the mouse up and waving it around to get the cursor to move. Maybe she'd get on with the Wii a bit better. :D

daverage

Post by daverage » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:38 am

Retrofanboy wrote:
daverage wrote:Not bad as he is 69!!
Since i infected my dad with the game-virus back in '85 he is buying consoles on a regular base - ps3 included and he is 65 :-)
Nice one!
My dad had an acetronic mpu1000 when it first came out.
Also used to write games for me on the spectrum lol
Andrzej 'daverage' Marczewski
http://www.yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk
Games reviews written by gamers for gamers

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 am

My dad loved Road Rash on the Mega Drive and he used to spend all night on Desert Strike too! Now he's playing Tiger Woods and the God of War 2 on my PS3, if I hear "There's only 3 holes to go" one more time... :D

My mum doesn't play much although I did get her on super rub a dub for a good hour or so one weekend. She loved it although she nearly fell off the chair trying to move the duck! might try nad coax her into a game of that tonight for a laugh!
I'd buy that for a dollar!