EA Access (xbox one)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

David

EA Access (xbox one)

Post by David » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Anyone a member of this?

Just joined it there

£3.99 a month and I can download a load of stuff like fifa 16 etc

Yes please

tachi

Re: EA Access (xbox one)

Post by tachi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:30 am

I was about 8 months ago but found the choice back then very uninspiring. A very good price though, especially considering it's an EA service!
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:35 am

It's got basically all of this year's 2016 sports games available which I think is an amazing deal for the price

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:48 am

Don't forget all the 10 hour trials for the games that aren't in the vault yet like Star Wars Battlefront.

Its a great service and if you think your going to continue with it its worth paying for a years subscription as it's only around £20.

sebadude

Post by sebadude » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:14 pm

It's a great deal, especially for the sports games which you'd usually play for 10 months before abandoning in favour of the next year's title! There's more new stuff on there now including the beautiful Unravel, and the newest Need for Speed game. For a year, £20 is, as my friend put it, 'the biggest no brainer ever'!

Combine this with Games with Gold and you could go a whole year without buying any other games and you'd still have a huge amount of gameplay!

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:56 am

My only issue with this is that if it's a success then Ubisoft and Activision will almost certainly want their own services. Eventually, in a few years when all games are delivered in this way, you'll find yourself needing to pay multiple subscriptions in order to play all the games you want. It's a bit like how some films are only available on Amazon or Netflix but not both, meaning that to have access to everything you have to pay for both services.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360