Is this worth anything???

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dannyhalifax

Is this worth anything???

Post by Dannyhalifax » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi all,
Hoping gain some knowledge from some of you people who know a bit more than me.
I got this in a collection a lady was selling her son's old computer stuff. I got a Phillips G7000
and a few games and a commodore 64 and a few games.
Upon digging this out I thought it was a Famicom with the standard 2 pads and a light gun
controller, upon further examination it's obviously not it says family game on the front every
thing else seems to be in good order apart from a bit of a clean up. Here's the kicker though
everything else had all the cables needed to test and at least a game to make sure it's working.
Is it worth picking up the cables I need and a game to test,or are these things 10 a penny,and
should I just dump it?
Danny

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6rd6mwz8o2fm ... 0.jpg?dl=0

DPrinny

Re: Is this worth anything???

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Famiclone, worth about a tenner max, probably less due to its condidtion

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm

It's a Famicom clone (Famiclone). There are hundreds of them in different shapes and sizes and of varying levels of compatibility.

The one you have looks like quite an old school one from back in the day before they started dressing them up in N64 and Playstation style cases.

It's worth it if you like playing around with new and unusual hardware and have an interest in the NES/Famicom. I'm currently having a lot of fun with an Argo clone I got for £12 at Cash Converters:
http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/famiclones/aroo.htm

You won't get megabucks for one of these (and new clones are being made all the time) but there is still a market for them among people who want to dig deeper into the Famicom's vast history.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:46 pm

I would be interested in taking it for the cost of P&P if you want to avoid dumping it. I already have one Famiclone and the more the merrier.