Nintendo releasing a new NES !

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: Nintendo releasing a new NES !

Post by ALK » Mon May 28, 2018 5:26 pm

If they were to get Rare on-board you'd be possibly looking at;

Blast Corps
DK64 (Very likely since Nintendo own that game.)
Diddy Kong Racing (Had it not been for Banjo and Conker, Nintendo could have released this game no problem. Either way, they'll probably won't want it to overshadow Mario Kart 64)
Goldeneye (A licensing nightmare, lol.)
Perfect Dark (Easier to put on than Goldeneye)
Jet Force Gemini (Dunno if this has aged well or not.)
Banjo 1+2 (Probably just the first game.)
Mickey's Speedway 64 (Heck, if they can't get Diddy Kong, what makes us think this has any shot?)
Conker (Unlikely due to the age rating. Mind you if Capcom wanted in, they only have a port of Resident Evil 2, and possibly Megaman 64, so....)

But really since they have 1 Rare game they can do whatever they want with and the Wii and Wii U both had 20+ games released, they're probably good to go. Nostalgia sells, despite barely any Rare it would still sell for those wanting to replay the likes of Mario, Starfox, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda OOT, and other titles that are easy to get on it.

Still, not completely out of the question, I mean who predicted Starfox 2 for the SNES Mini?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Re: Nintendo releasing a new NES !

Post by Matt_B » Mon May 28, 2018 6:18 pm

I don't see why the mature rated games would necessarily be a problem. They could just put parental controls on it so that those games can be locked away, and everyone can either bypass them or completely ignore them like they do with current console games. I also see Mortal Kombat is on the AtGames MegaDrive, although I suppose Sega do what Nintendon't.

Licensing is another matter though, but the fact that Goldeneye was revamped in 2010 - albeit without the involvement of either Rare or Nintendo - suggests that these things can happen from time to time. We'd just need lightning to strike twice.