Nintendo releasing a new NES !

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Big Shoes

Re: Nintendo releasing a new NES !

Post by Big Shoes » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 am

I opened mine last night, it is a thing of beauty. The games look really good on my TV via HDMI. My girlfriend and I spent over an hour playing 2 player Dr Mario, then i kicked her off so i could play Castlevania! :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:58 am

Big Shoes wrote:I opened mine last night, it is a thing of beauty. The games look really good on my TV via HDMI. My girlfriend and I spent over an hour playing 2 player Dr Mario, then i kicked her off so i could play Castlevania! :D
Dr Mario is digital crack
Beating level 20 should give you an achievement of some sort

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:39 am

I will give it a go tonight, I have beaten level 20 many times on the original Gameboy! My favourite version of the game.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 am

Megamixer wrote:
Treguard wrote:Saw an IGN article decrying the NES Mini because they've sold all the stock, and this is all Nintendo's fault and how they're letting their fans down because of it. Is that a ridiculous argument or is it just me?
It is a ridiculous argument for sure.

However, it's no doubt fuelled by the perfectly legitimate complaint that they have chronically underproduced Amiibo and certain special editions in the last few years with suspicion that they have done it on purpose to whip the market for said products into a frenzy. After all, you can typically go and buy anything PS or Xbox related whenever you like but Nintendo stuff always seems to be a limited stock situation. Scalpers getting involved makes matters worse though that's not Nintendo's fault.

Running up to Christmas, stuff like this will always sell out and cause a sh*tstorm of frustration and complaints anyway.
Maybe it's more the fact Nintendo don't want surplus stock and then have to sell it off cheap. Nintendo products are never discounted, because they don't have to.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

I preordered it from ShopTo the Friday before release. It turned up on Saturday. :lol:

Also got the second pad from Game. I predict they are going to be scarce soon.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 pm

AceGrace wrote:I preordered it from ShopTo the Friday before release. It turned up on Saturday. :lol:

Also got the second pad from Game. I predict they are going to be scarce soon.
Game cancelled my controller order, a little pissed off to say the least.

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 pm

I think it's a great idea/product and hope it continues to sell out. Personally I'm not interested in it as I was never much of a NES fan. However if the great Ninty ever decide to make a Snes version I'll be all over it like a rash. Fingers crossed that high sales of this might encourage them to.

Eat your nans pants

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:14 am

Finally got a chance to sit down and play a few games on the NES mini. I was happy to discover my Club Nintendo SNES classic controller works with it.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:57 am

They seem to have been as rare as rock horse poop but I've finally managed to bag one........only for the missus to promptly wrap it! On the look out for another pad now but having no luck. I could buy a Wii classic controller and use that (as I also have Wii) but the OCD in me is screaming no! A big thanks to the lads at Retro Asylum to point me in the right direction regarding stock tracking websites.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Apparently Nintendo's Online Store will have more in stock before Xmas......just a case of who gets to them first I guess. @_@
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:17 pm

ALK wrote:Apparently Nintendo's Online Store will have more in stock before Xmas......just a case of who gets to them first I guess. @_@
It will the be the scalpers, prepping to get their mitts on people's Christmas money. I'd put £100 and a Mr Kipling Country Slice on it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 am

Slapped mine on the shelf, nice thing, more a of a novelty tho. In fairness I've had other things taking my attention, but still only really gave it 30 minutes. The short controller cable was a major blow, my living room tv is big, and I don't want to be 1m away from it.

Also I forgot how poor the NES version of Bubble Bobble was, pretty much this console is saved by my love of Donkey Kong, so I guess I have that there waiting for me, if I ever get the DK urge. I don't own any other Nintendo consoles, apart from a 2DS, and I don't really enjoy that either.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:54 am

:D
↓↓Click Link to See More
[url=http://www.greyfoxbooks.com[/url]

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:45 am

Russian hackers doing something good for once.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360