Pokemon Go

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

sscott

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:50 am

Sel Feena wrote:^ Yep.

I think this game alone is going to seriously make Nintendo have a long hard think about the mobile market, I do hope they don't move away from consoles though.
Well. It will probably help fund the next one rather than stop hopefully.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Ive found the lack of internet is definotely a killer for this. I have no pokeballs and areas i go to with free wifi have no pokestops to get some so its getting no love from me at the moment. Maybe when my data limit resets itll get a bit more playthrough from me.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:56 pm

I had no interest in this until the wife, who is not a gamer asked what it was and wanted to have a look at it.

That was 10 days ago and I can safely say we're quite addicted to it. I live in Norwich and today we were in the city and just ambled about grabbing Pokestops and Pokemon. I went down streets I haven't been to in years and even down some I've never been down.

The castle gardens were full of people playing it. I mean literally everyone was sitting on the grass or walking around playing it. Adults and children alike. Some people had put lures out and Pokemon were spawning all over the place.

I've never played a Pokemon game before but I may have to borrow one of my sons games to give it a go.

Personally I've got nothing but positive things to say about this game.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 am

I bit the bullet and flicked on my data while walking home, grabbed a few pokestops, got 3 new pokemon though a squirtle ran off :(.

Bit more fun now i get the pokestops thing.

RG_Drew

Post by RG_Drew » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 am

We've been all enjoying it here. I wouldn't say it's a particularly fantastic game but I don't deny that it's an excellent experience. I think it's the impromptu social aspect about it which I like the most. Me, Sam, Luke and Darran all go out 'hunting' at lunchtime, and I've even spotted out team members out in the wild on the weekends. It's nice.

Oh, and it'll never get old hearing a 60 year old grandmother shout out, 'OH MY GOD: IT'S A DRATOONY' in the middle of Bournemouth Gardens.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:49 am

I do think the pace feature needs to be better implemwnted. Maybe a sonar blip effort rather then the footprints. Ive missed out on a scyther, squirtle and to a lesser extent as im unable to hunt for it right now - a hitmonlee in west london as its a little bit unintuitive.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:20 pm

The pace feature isn't even working for me :( all I ever see is three footprints. Still level 9 at the moment, got a great range of cool pokes but very few with any decent power. Even then, every gym leader seems to be level 25 with seemingly unbeatable monsters :shock:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:33 am

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ne-nuclear

they need to put a Zapdos in there...............

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:53 pm

There'll always be idiots that reckon its more important to take over the Fukushima Gym then their health/lives. :roll:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Just hit trainer level 15 today and took over my first ever gym! Right now my top team consists of no less than 3 level 700+ Hypno's :|

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:17 am

I only started playing Pokemon Go a couple of weeks ago but I am really enjoying it.

The biggest problem I have is that the rest of my family can't stand it and have a go when I am playing it.

I don't go walking for miles looking for Pokemon (yes I am lazy) but do check out most areas I visit. Not had a go at the Gyms yet as I am unsure how you are supposed to fight.

Any tips would be appreciated ;)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Looks like , in general , the interest has waned by now. Me and my boy are enjoying the walkabouts and I think , if you treat it as lighthearted , then thats what it is.
Its a distraction.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6YPVsohzQ

Streamer mugged live while playing it

He was walking out at night openly holding a phone, not paying attention