Pokemon Go

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 am

David wrote:I would LOVE to see a grown man come into a pub down my way and say they were trying to catch Pokemon on their phone.

There would be a queue to batter them

Bit sad of them then isn't it.

I don't use Pokémon GO myself but if people are enjoying it then that's a good thing.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 am

The nearest churches are Pokemon stops what the hell are they?

BBC news reports that Bosnia are telling the players not go to the mine fields!

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:57 am

As one would expect, the 3DS games and TCG have rocketed up in sales.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... n_go_fever

It really is 1999 again! :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:52 am

ALK wrote:As one would expect, the 3DS games and TCG have rocketed up in sales.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... n_go_fever

It really is 1999 again! :lol:
I am still actively collecting the Wizards-era TCG cards to finish my sets and prices are actually still reasonable. Lots of people cashing in and listing cards, not knowing what they are really worth. Some great bargains still to be hand in amongst the ludicrous BIN's for scruffy 'MEGA RARE' cards. I've noticed a lot of rarer cards appearing on ebay in bigger numbers with people getting rid of collections so in a way, it's keeping prices competitive.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:42 pm

As big of a Pokemaniac as I am, the TCG is always one of the things I lack behind on (The other being the manga). I did compete the first Team Rocket set back in the day but besides that, I managed to back back and complete the Base set. Now there's so many sets, it would take forever as well a lot of cash to catch up. @_@
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:45 pm

^Just watch the recent XY series
They have an animation budget this time

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:19 pm

DPrinny wrote:^Just watch the recent XY series
They have an animation budget this time
They certain do. The only issue fans seem to have with the newer series is the replaced BG Music. Aside from that, the dub scripts are closer to the Japanese dialogue, its no longer edit heavily like the last years 4Kids dubbed it (Riceballs are called riceballs now, no more jelly filled donuts... :lol: ), Team Rocket's not in every episode so you have episodes where its just Ash and co solving a problem/Gym Battle/etc. and Ash is less of an idiot these days.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:31 am

Except now he can kinda fuse with some pokemon
And they kinda hint at why his Pikachu is special

Also love interests?

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 am

DPrinny wrote:Except now he can kinda fuse with some pokemon
And they kinda hint at why his Pikachu is special

Also love interests?
That would be the Ash Greninja form, something that's not available in any of the main games yet like the Zygarde forms. Something to do with Ash and Greninja's bond being so great, it unlocked this powerful form for Greninja.

If you recall in the classic days there used to be the odd hint of an AshxMisty love interest. Well with Serena, they just go full on with it (As fans tend to ship Ash with every female companion he gets anyway.). There was a flashback where Serena and Ash met as younger kids (Like before Ash set off on his journey and even before meeting Misty) where Serena was lost in the forest and Ash helped her find her way back, so she's always had this big crush on him. And hell, even Ash kind of notices the things she does for him. There was even an episode where they went on a date, Ash gifted her a ribbon which the next episode after a complete new look, Serena started wearing the ribbon and he noticed, which was cute....whether this will all mean nothing when Ash sets off to the next region and might not even have Serena tag along is up in the air. :lol:

Oh and Bonnie...just wants to get her brother laid, lol. :lol: Nah, just find him a wife that'll look after him, as he is a geeky inventor type. It's like the old gag of Brock asking every woman his sees out on a date, but cuter. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:09 pm

David wrote:I would LOVE to see a grown man come into a pub down my way and say they were trying to catch Pokemon on their phone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not a violent person either but for this.... I would probably join in. :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:37 pm

ALK wrote:As big of a Pokemaniac as I am, the TCG is always one of the things I lack behind on (The other being the manga). I did compete the first Team Rocket set back in the day but besides that, I managed to back back and complete the Base set. Now there's so many sets, it would take forever as well a lot of cash to catch up. @_@
I've got complete Base, Jungle, Fossil and Rocket sets and am working on the others. Can't be bothered with any of the Nintendo-published sets from the EX era onwards as the cards went seriously downhill at that point imo and there's no nostalgia attached to them anyway since I'd stopped collecting originally by that point back in the day.

Got some killer deals lately. There's the thrill of the hunt trying to collect cards within a set budget (as opposed to just throwing cash at them).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Mortis wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not a violent person either but for this.... I would probably join in. :lol:

No you wouldn't. you would probably sit and do sod all like the rest of them.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:14 pm

^ Yep.

I think this game alone is going to seriously make Nintendo have a long hard think about the mobile market, I do hope they don't move away from consoles though.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ Yep.

I think this game alone is going to seriously make Nintendo have a long hard think about the mobile market, I do hope they don't move away from consoles though.
I think if the ramblings of the NX being a home and held console hybrid are true, then I can imagine they'll have just the NX while their mobile division acts like how their Gameboy/DS/3DS division in that if all else under performs, at least they have their handheld/mobile division to fall back on.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:16 am

Haven't looked at it for days, so deleted from my phone.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.