Resident Evil VII

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

resident paul

Resident Evil VII

Post by resident paul » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:15 am

Resident Evil VII has got back to its roots & does look good!
The release date is January 2017

Here's a trailer for the game: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0 ... r_embedded

RetroAerosmith

Re: Resident Evil VII

Post by RetroAerosmith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:19 am

I only watched the trailer and it looked a lot like the silent hill demo, it looked truly scary to be fair, but im not too sure about the dependence it seems on VR. hopefully its not going to be like a resident evil kinect type debacle. i dont really want to be moving my hands in a reloading kind of movement or shaking bottles to mix herbs etc.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:06 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:I only watched the trailer and it looked a lot like the silent hill demo, it looked truly scary to be fair, but im not too sure about the dependence it seems on VR. hopefully its not going to be like a resident evil kinect type debacle. i dont really want to be moving my hands in a reloading kind of movement or shaking bottles to mix herbs etc.
Agreed it does look a lot like silent hill & its says it going back to its roots.
Hopefully there will be puzzles in the game & not call of duty style gameplay.
Also I heard there a playable demo very soon!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:09 am

resident paul wrote:
RetroAerosmith wrote:I only watched the trailer and it looked a lot like the silent hill demo, it looked truly scary to be fair, but im not too sure about the dependence it seems on VR. hopefully its not going to be like a resident evil kinect type debacle. i dont really want to be moving my hands in a reloading kind of movement or shaking bottles to mix herbs etc.
Agreed it does look a lot like silent hill & its says it going back to its roots.
Hopefully there will be puzzles in the game & not call of duty style gameplay.
Also I heard there a playable demo very soon!
Demo is up now apparently for PS+ members (on the PS4 obviously). I'll try it when I'm home tonight, I actually thought they were reviving Silent Hills at first, but I'm really looking forward to where they may take this (its certainly different compared to 6).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:52 am

I've played the demo this morning, very good, it's a little bit xbox360 / ps3 quality graphics, definitely not next gen quality imo, the ps3 and 360 could of handled this, reminded me of Metro, and the game seems to follow a hill has eyes theme in the narrative and it's also first person, I'm hoping there will be an option to go 3rd person in the final release, but I will still be getting this on day 1, with what Sony showcased last night on e3, it looks like their will be a lot of cash passing hands this year and next.
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:58 am

Cant view the trailer at work; is it a new story or does it feature the old cast?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:14 am

Negative Creep wrote:Cant view the trailer at work; is it a new story or does it feature the old cast?
Very little of the story is shown, unclear who your actually playing as. Apparently though the game does take place after RE6.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 am

Greyfox wrote:I've played the demo this morning, very good, it's a little bit xbox360 / ps3 quality graphics, definitely not next gen quality imo, the ps3 and 360 could of handled this, reminded me of Metro, and the game seems to follow a hill has eyes theme in the narrative and it's also first person, I'm hoping there will be an option to go 3rd person in the final release, but I will still be getting this on day 1, with what Sony showcased last night on e3, it looks like their will be a lot of cash passing hands this year and next.
Not PS2 graphics............

It might be a problem if a VR horror game gets to real, some people cant even handle ones that look worse.

Maybe a dissclamr tick box that state that they are not liable for any injury's or heart failure due to the experience

Resi needs to go back to having puzzles

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 am

Boy, Konami will be really kicking themselves if this sells the PSVR. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 am

ALK wrote:Boy, Konami will be really kicking themselves if this sells the PSVR. :lol:
To bad its Capcom that own Resi.............

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Quite liked that. Doesn't look very Resi but it looks great on it's own merit.

Personally think those graphics look a lot better than what the PS3/360 can handle though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Cant view the trailer at work; is it a new story or does it feature the old cast?
Very little of the story is shown, unclear who your actually playing as. Apparently though the game does take place after RE6.

Just seen it, fair to say it's hard to take anything from it thus far. Really hoping the series rediscovers what made it great originally, I've finally started playing 6 and it is rubbish. Even though I thought 5 wasn't that bad, thus far it's nothing more than a semi interactive Michael Bay film

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:22 pm

I thought 5 was excellent and 6 whilst flawed was still enjoyable. I hope the series does not return to the pointless puzzles of the original game personally.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:46 pm

It looks good just doesn't look much like Resident Evil more Silent Hill Shattered Memories or P.T. Then again the Gun Survivor games where like this so they might be going in that direction..

I liked Resident Evil 5 a lot finished it a couple of times, 6 was terrible all graphic's and no gameplay.. All 3 campaigns forced you replay the same level just fight the bosses from a different angle such as the scrapyard, add in how almost every boras or whatever they where called mutated into a harder to kill monsters, and all the guns where woefully underpowered you get my drift..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 pm

I also loved resi5, finished it numerous times too...AI partner was useless on the hardest setting and I didnt get out of the village at the start. Im still not totally sold on VR, the demos up on ps store dont really grab me at all... the after dawn one just looks like house of the dead and like i said previously I dont want to be standing up in goggles flailing my arms around like a blind wii user.