Pick the next CAPCOM vs game

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RodimusPrime

Pick the next CAPCOM vs game

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Not going to lie, I love capcom and love the vs series. To the point that the Xmen vs streetfighter and marvel vs capcom games are one of the few I actually buy merchandise for.

So what would you do next in you could choose.

A couple for me would be.

Capcom vs Konami ( Simon Belmont, Bill and lance from Contra, Sunset riders characters, Bayou Billy, etc )

Capcom vs GI JOE ( Snake eyes, Storm shadow, Firefly, Zartan, Cobra commander etc )

So lets hear it.
Last edited by RodimusPrime on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DPrinny

Re: Pick the nerxt CAPCOM vs game

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:16 pm

CAPCOM VS SNK 3

This time WITH FEELING AND BALANCE!!
Seriously, the 2nd one the SNK guys felt weak and giving them two extra attacks was dumb

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Nintendo vs Sega

Sonic vs Mario

Dr Robotnik vs Bowser

Ryo Hazuki vs Link

etc
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Nintendo or SEGA. They have more then enough characters to fit the bill, even if they don't wanna see their kid friendly characters like Mario or Sonic.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Dark side vs light side. It could be Masters of Teras Kasi for the moderner age.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 pm

ALK wrote:Nintendo or SEGA. They have more then enough characters to fit the bill, even if they don't wanna see their kid friendly characters like Mario or Sonic.
I know nintendo have smash bros but I wonder what would happen if the NX did launch with Capcom vs Nintendo.

Its not like Nintendo only have overly cartoony characters for Capcom to use, characters like Link, ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Starfox, Fire Emblem characters, Samus, little mac etc could all fit in nicely.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Dark side vs light side. It could be Masters of Teras Kasi for the moderner age.
Good shout, it would be very interesting to see a Capcom developed Star wars fighting game.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Capcom vs SNK 3 for sure. I hope the new KoF does well.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 pm

Capcom vs Nintendo would rock. Either played out as a Marvel Vs Capcom style game or a Smash Bros style game (as Ryu & Mega Man in Smash Bros proved that Nintendo knows how to implement their characters well in a fighter).

Capcom Vs SNK 3 is a easy choice. Now with SNK off life support and releasing KOF XIV soon it might not be completely impossible.

Otherwise just do a proper Capcom fighter that only uses Capcom properties - they've got so many awesome characters on their own from the 80's to present day that they don't need to cross over with anyone else to make a great fighter.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:14 pm

I would like to see the classic super streetfighter 2 lineup vs classic mortal kombat upto umk3.
But done like mvc 3.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Capcom vs Blizzard

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:11 am

A Capcom developed Marvel Vs DC fighter would sell by the bucketload. Sadly it'll never happen.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

Capcom Vs SNK 3 is the only answer. Would they be able to replicate the magic of those beautiful 2D sprites, the outrageously sublime OST and perfect gameplay though? I have a feeling it wouldn't be able to live up to expectations. MvC3 for example was a fantastic fighter but didn't inspire adoration as the first two did.

Failing that, Capcom Vs Sega would be awesome. Do it in 2D with remixes of classic tunes from both sides. Sega have a wealth of characters to contribute from the likes of Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, Golden Axe, Shenmue, Streets of Rage, Yakuza, Last Bronx, Valkyria Chronicles and countless other suitable franchises.
ShadowMan wrote:Otherwise just do a proper Capcom fighter that only uses Capcom properties - they've got so many awesome characters on their own from the 80's to present day that they don't need to cross over with anyone else to make a great fighter.
Like a Capcom Fighting Jam that isn't crap? I'd be well up for that. Neogeo Battle Colliseum showed that it can be done well and I'd like to think Capcom could add a lot more polish.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:36 am

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Otherwise just do a proper Capcom fighter that only uses Capcom properties - they've got so many awesome characters on their own from the 80's to present day that they don't need to cross over with anyone else to make a great fighter.
Like a Capcom Fighting Jam that isn't crap? I'd be well up for that. Neogeo Battle Colliseum showed that it can be done well and I'd like to think Capcom could add a lot more polish.
Yeah, more like NGBC. CFJ was hampered because it reused sprites in a terrible fashion and ignored so many franchises. I'd want to see SF, Darkstalkers etc. characters with others like Captain Commando, Strider, Frank West, Phoenix Wright, some kind of Mega Man rep etc. all be in a big fleshed out fighter. Basically take Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, remove the Marvel, and then flesh out the Capcom side. Or just do Marvel Vs Capcom 4, either one would rock!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:46 am

I did a Capcom vs GIJOE earlier.

But sod it, lets take inspiration from Capcom vs tatsunoko.

Get the rights from Filmation and all the other 80s studios and do Capcom vs the 80's

All the characters from Heman, Thundercats, Bravestar,MASK, Visionairies, Defenders of the earth, Centurions, Jayce and the wheeled warriors.