What is your most embarassing gaming moment?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat May 19, 2007 9:16 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
felgekarp wrote:For myself it was back at college, we had a Robocop arcade machine in the common room and I used to play it quite a lot, I went in one day and the place was empty, so I started playing and it seemed like they'd turned the sound up on the game, so I shouted out "f*cking hell, that's loud", I then looked round to see that the common room wasn't empty but there was one hell of a fit bird sat at the other end of the room, felt like a right tw*t.
Well, at least you weren't masturbating.

...you weren't, right?
No, not on that occasion :D
Splink!

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sun May 20, 2007 7:58 am

buying the Spice Girls game on the PS1..............doesnt get much more embarassing than that!

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Sun May 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Getting caught playing a strip poker game on the C64.

(no, I wasn't masturbating)

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Sun May 20, 2007 11:47 pm

DanDare wrote:Getting caught playing a strip poker game on the C64.

(no, I wasn't masturbating)
Really? Why not?

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Mon May 21, 2007 1:38 am

I was too young and innocent for all that filth.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Barkie

Post by Barkie » Mon May 21, 2007 5:57 am

Monty on the Run,

Got it for xmas and spent a whole week of the xmas holiday only being able to go into about 3 screens and bashing my head on the table in frustration as i didn't know you had to keep jumping on that stupid little cloud thing to get up to the higher screens.

felt a right censored when my mate finally told me what to do.

bosher

Post by bosher » Thu May 24, 2007 12:25 pm

buying the new sonic game. even the bloke on the till laffed at me!!

NEVER AGAIN!!! :twisted:
davey bosher says relax!

station

Post by station » Thu May 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Was playing Metal Gear Solid on the playstation with a friend. Instead of pointing out that I only had one 'ration' left, he said I only had one 'portion' left.
What a t*t.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Thu May 24, 2007 7:17 pm

bosher wrote:buying the new sonic game. even the bloke on the till laffed at me!!

NEVER AGAIN!!! :twisted:
Use play.com for all your embarrassing buys!

Edit - I caught playing Home Improvement on the SNES. I want to file that under embarrassing!

DrBlue

Post by DrBlue » Sat May 26, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm a bad loser and an even worse winner. So rubbing my grilfriends nose in it every time I beat her at Worms wasn't a good idea, especially considering that she got good...real good. Suffice to say we don't play 'That Game' any more.

bosher

Post by bosher » Sun May 27, 2007 12:02 pm

playing brian lara cricket and swearing at the top of my voice, not realising that the time was 3:20pm and the kids from the skool i live next to were lookin up into my bedroom window to see what was goin on :o
davey bosher says relax!

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:20 pm

I thought I was pretty good at Tekken 5. Note the emphasis on the word thought. So - I was in Japan, in Akihabara, and I dragged the wife into one of the Sega arcades. Practically kicking and screaming. Anyway - I waited what? 30 minutes? Maybe more to play this Tekken 5 machine. There was a crowd of people - i don't know - maybe 15 people. I was the only Gaijin. (Foreigner.) Everyone was watching me before I played. It finally comes to my turn, and I got my arse kicked all over town in the first round. The machine must have been set to psycho hard or something. It wasn't pretty. The locals? They didn't laugh, but they had the same expression one might expect from a bunch of church goers first thing on a Sunday morning, should I have decided to walk up to the alter, drop my pants and defecate . It was sort of a cross between bewilderment, anger, disappointment and that typical Japanese look of "ooh look foreigner :D I hope i don't have to speak English... :shock: "

I wasn't even allowed to put more money in.

It was horrible. It was one of those moments you re-live late at night lying awake in the dark, and then find yourself talking out loud. Things like "...I needed a pad!" etc...

Parts_Monkey

Post by Parts_Monkey » Sun May 27, 2007 1:46 pm

One time I can think of from the top of my head was at a family get together, I bought round my brand new Dreamcast and set up Soul Calibur. My slightly older female cousin said "Ooh is that one of those new Dreamcasts?" and promptly sat down to fight me.

Then she perfected me.

One situation where I embarresed someone was in HMV Milton Keynes on the N64 display unit. It was running ISS 64 and this lad challenged me. I hadn't even played hardly any football games ever and certainly never any ISS games let alone the 64 version. Anyway I beat him 4-0 including scoring the fourth with a pitch length run with the keeper. He thought I was an ISS God... ...tee hee

col75

Post by col75 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:34 pm

cought spankin to a game called girls just wanna have fun by my girlfriend at the time my mum had let her in i didnt notice :oops: she wasnt my girlfriend for long
But the blocky c64 chicks kept me going
What's the point of mining for nose gold if you can't share it with the townspeople?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon May 28, 2007 7:26 am

My girlfriend beat me on Tekken 4 on an instore display machine and also beat me on that beatem up with a wolf (mask of the something or other I think) while at the Game On exhibition.