What is your most embarassing gaming moment?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:05 am

Getting hammered in a Speccy competition in the final. We were both on keys so as some people may remember you had to sometimes check all the keys worked alright, when the other person pressed a combination of his keys it made me 'fire'.

Didnt have time to work out a combination which didnt affect the gameplay so went on to get hammered. As a kid i was gutted

Submerge

Post by Submerge » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 am

mortal kombat - amiga.

spent the whole day bragging to my mate about how good i was, then hainvg him over that night, and he trounced me. I turned the box off when on the joystick waggling bonus when you have to chop through the wood i said to mate 'watch me, im going to cane you on this', then pressed fire instantly with no power on the meter and saw sub zero pull a wince as he punched the wood, failing to crack it.

I must have lost 12-1.

He still reminds me to this day of me turning the computer off, i was a tosspot!
'Let his name be praised' - Lo Ray, Body Blows.

Xesh

Post by Xesh » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:42 pm

I was in the local arcade playing 1942 for about the 50th time. Some of my mates were with me and I'd told them how good I was at the game. I then proceeded to crash into the very first enemy plane to appear. :oops: