Games you have impressed girls with

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed May 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Dang, I've had a girlfriend for 3 years and the only thing we've done gaming wise were the mini games on new super mario bros. She got bored and wanted to do this 'talking stuff'. Theres just no hope for her..

bolda

Post by bolda » Wed May 16, 2007 3:51 pm

will2097 wrote:Female French exchange student and Pong. Lose a life, lose an item of clothes.

First ever 'Edutainment' title.
From my experience, female French exchange students do pong a bit :(

My woman isn't much of a gamer but she does enjoy Tetris and she was hooked on Puzzle-Bobble/Bust-a-Move when she was at uni so I scored lots of brownie points when I set her up on MAME! :D
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Wed May 16, 2007 4:00 pm

Wildnites wrote:
yethboth wrote:It would be nice if the girls into gaming were pretty though. :cry:
That's not fair, just coz the girls you have met are not pretty, does not mean that the rest of girl gamers are the same. :shock:

I am not saying that I am a stunner, but I don't think I'm a moose either :oops:
For some of us, it's NOT even about how a girl looks! Personality and replying to PM's can sometimes be enough!

Not those rude and ignorant types - wasn't like I was asking you for a date or anything!!

Just that you are a fellow Manc and enjoyed VG's -thats all.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Wed May 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Seriously :

The Number 1 game that will impress girls (IF and ONLY IF, you are good at it) is ..........................

Dance Dance Revolution and any other "Dancing/Beatmania" Style games!

Namco arcade in the Trafford Centre, there are some guys that are simply AMAZING at this game - (god it feels weird saying that), and they certainly seem to impress alot of the ladies that watch (for ladies, see 14-19 year olds :lol: )

But, it's "allegedly" been proven by scientists that women in general like men that can dance and as such, have a natural "Rhythm".

Sadly I am not one of them :o - but, my Jun Kazama was very good at dancing round players and kicking the sh1t out of them at the same time :twisted:
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed May 16, 2007 4:16 pm

Sam Fox was pretty impressed when I beat her at poker on my Speccy
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:32 pm

Im ok on Guitar Hero, would that get me any where? I know I have managed to completely disgust people on GTA VC by beheading people and drivning around all the time in a 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Nightbreed

Post by Nightbreed » Wed May 16, 2007 5:35 pm

My wife is'nt a big gamer but she does like a blast on Monkey Ball on the X BOX. She kicks my bottom at Monkey Target.:(

She likes puzzlers too like Puzzle Bobble.
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Wed May 16, 2007 5:37 pm

My ex girlfriend and my wife both loved bust a move 2 on the PS1!!!! Must be Bub and Bob, they must hypnotise them or something!

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Not impressed as such but I introduced my girlfriend to a couple of games which she then became addicted to.

Pokemon Puzzle League - GBC
Tetris 2 - SNES
Mahjhong - came on a free PS1 mag cover demo disc

She actually enjoys boxing though and is very impressed
with Fight Night on the 360.

MikeHive

Post by MikeHive » Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:Dance Dance Revolution and any other "Dancing/Beatmania" Style games!

Namco arcade in the Trafford Centre, there are some guys that are simply AMAZING at this game - (god it feels weird saying that), and they certainly seem to impress alot of the ladies that watch (for ladies, see 14-19 year olds :lol: )
Oddly enough, I have witnessed the total opposite outcome in almost the same scenario. I was in Dublin last year with some mates and we dropped in on a little arcade there, in which my DDR-addicted friends (I'm no good at it at all, sadly) started to do what they do on the dancing machines there (and they are BLOODY good at it, you've never seen geeks move so fast I swear! :D ). A small crowd of 'ladies' did assemble around the machine after a while, but only so they could be loudly rude about my friends' appearance and attire! Tsk, young ladies these days! What is the world coming to.
~Mike
www.bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Wed May 16, 2007 9:27 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:Dance Dance Revolution and any other "Dancing/Beatmania" Style games!
Oh man, I forgot! Yeah, I totally impressed my girlfriend by playing DDR!

At least I think she was impressed. I remember she walked out of the room, slowly shaking her head, which I believe is her way of expressing wonder and admiration.

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Thu May 17, 2007 2:36 am

Wildnites wrote:
yethboth wrote:It would be nice if the girls into gaming were pretty though. :cry:
That's not fair, just coz the girls you have met are not pretty, does not mean that the rest of girl gamers are the same. :shock:

I am not saying that I am a stunner, but I don't think I'm a moose either :oops:

Sorry. :oops:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 am

Lets not forget the Bits girls. They were alright.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

daverage

Post by daverage » Thu May 17, 2007 4:28 am

My wife likes watching Bully and Lego Star Wars II
Andrzej 'daverage' Marczewski
http://www.yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk
Games reviews written by gamers for gamers

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Thu May 17, 2007 5:17 am

Lets face it, if you're relying on just your gaming 'skillz' to win the affections of a lady, you're probably doomed. :D

it's not really 'impressive' in that way is it? Quite the opposite normally.

One time at a work social event, my ability to get loads of head-shots on the virtua cop, and winning streak at Point Blank in the arcade at the bowling place probably worried the young single ladies more than it impressed them. :D