E3 2016

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Matt_B

Re: E3 2016

Post by Matt_B » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 pm

There's even an E3 Humble Bundle now:

https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket

I'm not sure who's got time to play all those MMOs, but it's definitely worth a few pennies for Psychonauts DRM-free if you've not got it yet.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:22 am

gman72 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Apparently you can make Link run around naked

So will his PS2 be censored?
Dunno about that but I've heard he kills and eats parrots... vermin. :lol:
Thats a point, its not like we saw tons of animals wandering about and for a chunk of meat that size (Not talking about his PS2) needs a mig old animal

Unless
HES EATING THE ENEMY!!

In B4 Vegans complain

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 am

NieR was one of those mid-ranking games on the 360 that I really enjoyed so I was pleased to see the E3 trailer for NieR: Automata.
I think this might be a game that sees me blowing the dust off my PS4.

Now if only somebody would do sequels for Dragon's Dogma, Resonance Of Fate and Deadly Premonition. If a cult game like NieR can secure a sequel surely there's a chance? Well, maybe not then.

edit: nearly forgot, E3 has raised the possibility of a Bulletstorm remaster and if it comes off I'll be buying it. It's a top game and since I bought it pre-owned for peanuts last time around I'm up for giving the devs some dosh for an improved version. Feel like I owe them. Hopefully it'll get some interest from those who criminally ignored it the first time and bring forth a sequel.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:57 am

And so with a new Zelda comes a new slew of manufactured disappointment that Link isn't a woman in the game. The usual suspects pouting and stamping their feet over the fact a developer didn't do what they think they should. It's almost like Nintendo thinks it has creative ownership or something. Boring.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 am

Sel Feena wrote:And so with a new Zelda comes a new slew of manufactured disappointment that Link isn't a woman in the game. The usual suspects pouting and stamping their feet over the fact a developer didn't do what they think they should. It's almost like Nintendo thinks it has creative ownership or something. Boring.
Personally, I think they should include the option of playing as a female Link. However, anyone who selects it should be thrust into an entirely different version of the game where there's no conflict or puzzles and you just wander around the landscape aimlessly like you're playing Gone Home or Dear Esther. That's what these people seem to want, after all.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:09 am

Can't wait to get my hands on Battlefield 1 been watch loads of game play videos of that one, nice to see proper destructible maps come back. FIFA 17 sounds promising with the switch over to the Frostbite engine, story mode sounds a bit gash tho! Very interested in the PS4 VR stuff, but I certainly won't be able to afford one.....or the PS4 Neo to run it properly.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:35 am

Matt_B wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:And so with a new Zelda comes a new slew of manufactured disappointment that Link isn't a woman in the game. The usual suspects pouting and stamping their feet over the fact a developer didn't do what they think they should. It's almost like Nintendo thinks it has creative ownership or something. Boring.
Personally, I think they should include the option of playing as a female Link. However, anyone who selects it should be thrust into an entirely different version of the game where there's no conflict or puzzles and you just wander around the landscape aimlessly like you're playing Gone Home or Dear Esther. That's what these people seem to want, after all.
Why?. Zelda games have a history and lore. Its whole legend is about how whenever there is evil there will emerge a Princess Zelda and a young boy.

Don't know why that should be changed to appease people. Link is an established character not a generic character. if it was a brand new franchise then maybe, but at this point it would be like a Metal gear solid game and being able to choose Solid snake as a male or female.

No, the developers have an established character and that's the star of the game.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Matt_B wrote:
Why?. Zelda games have a history and lore. Its whole legend is about how whenever there is evil there will emerge a Princess Zelda and a young boy.

Don't know why that should be changed to appease people. Link is an established character not a generic character. if it was a brand new franchise then maybe, but at this point it would be like a Metal gear solid game and being able to choose Solid snake as a male or female.

No, the developers have an established character and that's the star of the game.
Oh, I was just being facetious there in case it wasn't obvious. The point being that these people won't realize that what they're asking for is utterly awful until someone gives it to them.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 am

B-but he can go shirtless, surely that should please them

Bloody hell he looks feminine enough as it is

They already have a female Link, named "Linkle"

They must have PS2's in front of there faces to not see her

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 am

Linkle was in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

They liked that, therefore she must be a playable character in every Zelda game until the end of time according to their logic. :lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:37 am

Matt_B wrote:Linkle was in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

They liked that, therefore she must be a playable character in every Zelda game until the end of time according to their logic. :lol:
Well could always have an alt to please those that moan
But for most of them they would have to have a waste line that would make Espona say "Neh"

Didnt take them to long with Pokemon

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 am

Matt_B wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
Matt_B wrote:

Oh, I was just being facetious there in case it wasn't obvious. The point being that these people won't realize that what they're asking for is utterly awful until someone gives it to them.
Sorry mate, it was not a go at you. It was more just agreeing that the people wanting this are being silly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:22 am

If they give them what they want, they will want more

UNREALISTIC REPRESENTATION OF THE FEMALE BODY!!

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 am

I don't really see a problem with gamers wanting a female Link. In reality, Link isn't really a character, more of a cipher. It may be interesting to have another character with slightly different abilities to choose.
If they're looking to shake up the Zelda status quo (which is how it seems) then adding this variety doesn't seem like a bad idea.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:01 am

JamesC wrote:I don't really see a problem with gamers wanting a female Link. In reality, Link isn't really a character, more of a cipher. It may be interesting to have another character with slightly different abilities to choose.
If they're looking to shake up the Zelda status quo (which is how it seems) then adding this variety doesn't seem like a bad idea.

But its not usually gamers. its usually a bunch of people who are looking to be offended and want to know why a famous character can't be a girl. Usually these people have no interest in playing the game, they just want to score a victory.