E3 2016

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24427
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: E3 2016

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am

^True

The ones that complain wont be playing the game,
Different ability's ill annoy them more
"Why cant she wear mens clothes" "No tattoo options" "SHE HAS TO MUCH MAKE-UP"
Create a strong positive female character and they will still knit pick

Gigifusc
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: E3 2016

Post by Gigifusc » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:06 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on Battlefield 1 been watch loads of game play videos of that one, nice to see proper destructible maps come back. FIFA 17 sounds promising with the switch over to the Frostbite engine, story mode sounds a bit gash tho! Very interested in the PS4 VR stuff, but I certainly won't be able to afford one.....or the PS4 Neo to run it properly.
I agree it sounds awful. But here's what an expensive marketing team with a lot of money to spend can do with that censored idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9LHzVEPodg

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24427
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: E3 2016

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:14 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Very interested in the PS4 VR stuff, but I certainly won't be able to afford one.....or the PS4 Neo to run it properly.
It runs on the normal PS4 but not PS2..........

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14893
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: E3 2016

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Zelda looks beyond stunning - those green vistas are beautiful. Was that running on a Wii-U or NX though?

A game that looks that good totally justifies owning and sticking with a Wii-U imo.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14893
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: E3 2016

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:28 pm

The Beans wrote:Now if only somebody would do sequels for Dragon's Dogma, Resonance Of Fate and Deadly Premonition. If a cult game like NieR can secure a sequel surely there's a chance? Well, maybe not then.
Is Resonance of Fate actually a decent game then? I've had a copy on the shelf somewhere for ages but I assumed it would be average at best. Only took a punt after using the main characters in the Project X Zone crossovers on the 3DS and being curious to try out some of the individual franchises I'd missed.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: E3 2016

Post by The Beans » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Megamixer wrote:
The Beans wrote:Now if only somebody would do sequels for Dragon's Dogma, Resonance Of Fate and Deadly Premonition. If a cult game like NieR can secure a sequel surely there's a chance? Well, maybe not then.
Is Resonance of Fate actually a decent game then? I've had a copy on the shelf somewhere for ages but I assumed it would be average at best. Only took a punt after using the main characters in the Project X Zone crossovers on the 3DS and being curious to try out some of the individual franchises I'd missed.
It's very decent (and different) once you know what you're doing. Worth playing just to see a game that does its own thing.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13153
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: E3 2016

Post by sscott » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:07 pm

I tried Niger but found it a bit 'empty'.
Image

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: E3 2016

Post by Joey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Whilst I'm not usually a fan of survival games, We Happy Few was one of the stand out game play demos for me. The alternate 1960's England setting, character design and the premise of the story all look great.

https://youtu.be/ZeEVws7f8uk
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: E3 2016

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:52 pm

DPrinny wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Very interested in the PS4 VR stuff, but I certainly won't be able to afford one.....or the PS4 Neo to run it properly.
It runs on the normal PS4 but not PS2..........
I heard it runs on dead parrots - an alternative power source :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: E3 2016

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Kind of an underwhelming E3 for me. EA and Bethesda didn't have much for me. Usually Ubisoft steals the show with something that looks amazing but ends up being average. This time they closed out on some snowboarding thing.

As a PS4 owner, I'd have to say that Microsoft had the better E3 for sure. They kind of botched the hardware announcements by seperating them though. The S looked nice but an hour later they are talking about the Scorpio? It all felt a bit 32X to me.

VR is sort of the new Kinect at the moment. VR and effing Star Wars. Forever.

I was shocked to find that the game that most interested me was Days Gone. A zombie game. Christ. New South Park thing is getting bought though.

M$ should have shown off some Crackdown 3.
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24427
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: E3 2016

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote: They kind of botched the hardware announcements by seperating them though. The S looked nice but an hour later they are talking about the Scorpio? It all felt a bit 32X to me.
Sony are doing it so Mircosoft wants to as well

Nintendo is still bugging me with the total lack of NX news
Lets hope that by the time it comes out its not outdated

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: E3 2016

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:And so with a new Zelda comes a new slew of manufactured disappointment that Link isn't a woman in the game. The usual suspects pouting and stamping their feet over the fact a developer didn't do what they think they should. It's almost like Nintendo thinks it has creative ownership or something. Boring.
Personally, I think they should include the option of playing as a female Link. However, anyone who selects it should be thrust into an entirely different version of the game where there's no conflict or puzzles and you just wander around the landscape aimlessly like you're playing Gone Home or Dear Esther. That's what these people seem to want, after all.
Female Link sounds nonsensical, how about Zelda rescuing Link? :wink:

We already had the quality CD-I title, just needs a remaster for modern systems... :P

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5286
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: E3 2016

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:Zelda looks beyond stunning - those green vistas are beautiful. Was that running on a Wii-U or NX though?

A game that looks that good totally justifies owning and sticking with a Wii-U imo.
It's difficult to tell, and I'd usually assume that anything shown at E3 is running on a development system with a souped-up graphics card unless stated otherwise. Also, the usual caveats of rigged demos and not actual gameplay footage apply.

Still, we know that the Wii U can do stunning looking games and I didn't see anything in the trailer that looked obviously beyond what it's shown that it's capable of elsewhere, so my fingers are crossed on that one.

That said, Zelda games are always a lot of fun to play whatever they look like and I've really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes on the 3DS, although the latter does get a black mark for the lack of a two player mode.

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: E3 2016

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:23 am

Ever Oasis - Directed by Secret of Mana director Koichi Ishii. I love Action RPGs. Another must buy for my 3DS.



Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24427
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: E3 2016

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:46 am

Matt_B wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Zelda looks beyond stunning - those green vistas are beautiful. Was that running on a Wii-U or NX though?

A game that looks that good totally justifies owning and sticking with a Wii-U imo.
It's difficult to tell, and I'd usually assume that anything shown at E3 is running on a development system with a souped-up graphics card unless stated otherwise. Also, the usual caveats of rigged demos and not actual gameplay footage apply.

Still, we know that the Wii U can do stunning looking games and I didn't see anything in the trailer that looked obviously beyond what it's shown that it's capable of elsewhere, so my fingers are crossed on that one.

That said, Zelda games are always a lot of fun to play whatever they look like and I've really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes on the 3DS, although the latter does get a black mark for the lack of a two player mode.
The where using the WiiU controller

Maybe they are keeping the NX specs and what it is a secret because they want the other to play there hands just so that Nintendo dont end up having machine that looks like it has PS2 graphics

We already know its gonna have some kind of motion control/camera because Just Dance 2017, the series that wont feck off

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests