What would you want from Sega these days?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

I would want (more options)

OutRun 3
18%
Virtua Fighter 6
5%
Panzer Dragoon Drei
7%
Space Harrier 3
7%
Wonder Boy 3D Adventure
5%
An actually good Sonic game
8%
More HD remakes of their old games (OutRun HD, SoR 2 HD, Sonic 1-3 HD, etc)
11%
More compliations of their old games (Sonic collection, VF collection, OutRun collection, etc)
13%
Fresh and exciting new IPs
10%
To get back into the hardware biz/Something else
16%

Total votes: 61

outdated_gamer

What would you want from Sega these days?

Post by outdated_gamer » Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 am

Let's say Sega was still making their traditional arcade-style games and they wouldn't be considered niche/unprofittable these days, what would you like them to make?

I made a poll for you to vote but you can also share it here with us all. :wink:

outdated_gamer

Re: What would you want from Sega these days?

Post by outdated_gamer » Thu May 19, 2016 11:39 am

Voted for OutRun 3, Space Harrier 3, more HD remakes (this in particular), fresh IPs.

Seeing Sega back in the hardware biz would be interesting too but it's a far too unrealistic option, unless they just made a Android box or Steam Machine with a "Sega" logo glued to it.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:54 am

Outrun 3 would be splendid. I guess Shenmue 3 doesn't count.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:Outrun 3 would be splendid. I guess Shenmue 3 doesn't count.
Shenmue 4 then :lol: Seriously though, I'd love a completely uncut version of the series that covers all the chapters originally envisioned by Yu.

Port wise I'd love to see Planet Harriers, Scud Racer and Daytona 2 finally get console/computer ports.

Remaster wise I'd love the entire Yakuza series to get released on either PC or PS4 (1080p, 60FPS with better textures etc.) as the new entries in the series are so much nicer on the PS4, since they are much more detailed and far smoother gameplay wise. Plus, as a hopeless request it'd be nice to get them all released in English.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:Outrun 3 would be splendid. I guess Shenmue 3 doesn't count.
Shenmue 4 then :lol: Seriously though, I'd love a completely uncut version of the series that covers all the chapters originally envisioned by Yu.

Port wise I'd love to see Planet Harriers, Scud Racer and Daytona 2 finally get console/computer ports.

Remaster wise I'd love the entire Yakuza series to get released on either PC or PS4 (1080p, 60FPS with better textures etc.) as the new entries in the series are so much nicer on the PS4, since they are much more detailed and far smoother gameplay wise. Plus, as a hopeless request it'd be nice to get them all released in English.
Yeah, I'd love to see Sega Rally 1 (and maybe 2) get the same remastering treatment as Daytona USA did, and be released on the main consoles. Daytona 2 and Scudrace are very good shouts!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Some bloody games that arent Sonic

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Thu May 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Sonic 2 HD fan remake (incomplete):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA5XqON9OcI

Streets of Rage 4 HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-UWifvHu4

80s Overdrive:

http://www.80soverdrive.com/

A Virtua Fighter compilation with Arcade-perfect ports, online play, HD upscaling/filters, Panzer Dragoon series compilation and OutRun compilation including OutRun 2006, Arcade ports of OutRun, Turbo OutRun, Outrunners and a few home ports including OutRun Europa would fall on warm grounds with fans too.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu May 19, 2016 1:25 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:Sonic 2 HD fan remake (incomplete):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA5XqON9OcI

Streets of Rage 4 HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-UWifvHu4

80s Overdrive:

http://www.80soverdrive.com/

A Virtua Fighter compilation with Arcade-perfect ports, online play, HD upscaling/filters, Panzer Dragoon series compilation and OutRun compilation including OutRun 2006, Arcade ports of OutRun, Turbo OutRun, Outrunners and a few home ports including OutRun Europa would fall on warm grounds with fans too.

Good call on the Outrun games, I really need to try emulating them to finally play them. With regards to Sonic 2 - I'd want Sega to release a "complete" version with all the levels that were taken out put back in - stuff like Hidden Palace Zone etc.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu May 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Streets of Rage Remake actually getting a polish and official release (multiformat) - exactly what should have happened instead of squashing it on release.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Has Turbo Outrun and Outrunners (arcade versions) never appeared on a compilation?

Its a good thing that MAME exists at least for these. Would be nice to have an ultimate Outrun compilation though as you said.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade and Planet Harriers 2
HD Illbleed remake
Sega 3D Alien Syndrome
Sega 3D Arabian Fight
Power Drift to get a psychical release in UK
A new Shinobi, Golden Axe and Alien Storm done by the original team who did the arcade versions
SOR Remake psychical release
Golden Gun and Rambo to get a PS4 release with gun
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu May 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Outrun 3 for me, I would actually use a different name though. Although the game was average I always liked the Outrun Europa name.

So Outrun Europa, each level a different european country. add in porsche and lamborghini and create a whole concept around it. Team racing online where you choose to be Ferrari, Lamborghini or porsche and race in teams.

A new Wonderboy, for me they should look at mario 3d world as an idea, you need all the different suits to find all the hidden secrets etc. This would translate perfectly to a wonderboy concept where he can turn into all the different animals to find secrets.

They should also do a new fighters megamix and add in Golden axe, altered beast and streets of rage characters.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Fantasy Zone done as a Radiant Silvergun style shooterfest
Going Solo...................

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:31 pm

A shred of dignity would be nice.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu May 19, 2016 4:38 pm

one of two things:

A really good collection of old sega games. Like the ps3 mega drive collection but across all sega formats, from sg1000, arcade, right up to dc and saturn.

or

Updated newer ones. The Sega Classic collection on ps2 had a cool version of Golden Axe, reminded me a bit of gauntlet legends as I remember?