What game are you STILL playing

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What game are you STILL playing

Post by Rayne » Wed May 25, 2016 6:35 pm

sscott wrote:Rocket League. Can't help myself As I have gotten semi-good at it! Watched the best players on twitch and they are almost godlike!!
I have a feeling I'll be playing this regularly for months to come. Such an addictive game!! :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 26, 2016 6:22 am

DOOM
Well with mods and that

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Thu May 26, 2016 11:55 am

fallout 3
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu May 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Rayne wrote:
sscott wrote:Rocket League. Can't help myself As I have gotten semi-good at it! Watched the best players on twitch and they are almost godlike!!
I have a feeling I'll be playing this regularly for months to come. Such an addictive game!! :D
You ever want to team up let me know mate!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 am

Thanks to Iron Banner and the raised light level I find myself returning to Destiny yet again... Its still really fun even if I'm not really all that good at this PVP stuff (thankfully you still get good gear even if you play bad in matches!) plus with more content on its way for presumably September I'm sure I'll continue to play this until the sequel is finally released next year.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri May 27, 2016 5:58 am

sscott wrote:
Rayne wrote:
You ever want to team up let me know mate!
Definitely! Just sent you a Friend Request, feel free to invite me to a game if you ever see me online :)

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 am

Definitely! 3v3 or 2v2. Sure we'll get a few games this week!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri May 27, 2016 1:38 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Thanks to Iron Banner and the raised light level I find myself returning to Destiny yet again... Its still really fun even if I'm not really all that good at this PVP stuff (thankfully you still get good gear even if you play bad in matches!) plus with more content on its way for presumably September I'm sure I'll continue to play this until the sequel is finally released next year.
I thought IB was going to be binned this time round due to the heavy ammo glitch with yr. 1 rocket launchers with clown cartridge. I'm so glad they managed to patch it even if we lost a day. :D There's no way i'll be abandoning this game before the second one hits the shelves.....i need to hit 2000 hrs :wink: This is far and away my most played game ever. I will say its saved me a fortune in games so far this gen. :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat May 28, 2016 12:54 pm

nokgod wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Thanks to Iron Banner and the raised light level I find myself returning to Destiny yet again... Its still really fun even if I'm not really all that good at this PVP stuff (thankfully you still get good gear even if you play bad in matches!) plus with more content on its way for presumably September I'm sure I'll continue to play this until the sequel is finally released next year.
I thought IB was going to be binned this time round due to the heavy ammo glitch with yr. 1 rocket launchers with clown cartridge. I'm so glad they managed to patch it even if we lost a day. :D There's no way i'll be abandoning this game before the second one hits the shelves.....i need to hit 2000 hrs :wink: This is far and away my most played game ever. I will say its saved me a fortune in games so far this gen. :lol:
Yeah, I'm glad its back as I've jumped several light levels since Wednesday. If I could only get a damned helmet I'd be an even higher light level... I've had some great matches today as well, already finished all the weekly bounties and am up to level 3 in IB. Should be able to hit IB level 5 on Monday with any luck.
This is definitely my most played current gen game, and the only FPS game I've really enjoyed this gen, its definitely the only one I return to and the only one I play all the modes for. Its not perfect, but its certainly damned addictive. It'd probably have me play it even more if they released more content and event on a more regular basis (I really hope Sparrow Racing returns, I loved that).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sat May 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. Especially since I recently got Grometry Wars: Galaxies on the Wii.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:39 am

Still enjoy regular sessions of Manic Miner and OutRun. Every few years I get back into Ghosts n Goblins and pummel it for weeks, still after that 1CC. Dread to think how much time I've invested into the Souls series, collectively it would probably be these. Every time I'm done with one, I think of a new way of approaching one of the others and start again. Mushihimesame Futari on 360 will still be getting hammered years from now. Have logged around 3,000 games of Spelunky between 360 and PS4 and play the daily challenge every day - made it to the hell boss last week.

Overall though I'd have to say Lock n Chase on Intellivision. Quite convinced I could play that blindfolded I know it's rhythm so well.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 am

So I'm still playing Fallout 4. Despite being lured away for a day or two by the new Deus Ex, the F4 disc has found its way back into my PS4's disc drive. I even bought some of the DLC, mostly for the new bits you can build.

For a game with nothing but shallow NPCs and hollow missions, I find it endlessly fascinating.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am

I've spent months now dipping in and out of Paragon and Smite. Never thought I'd jump on the MOBA bandwagon after watching my brother playing Dota2.

I've thrown a bit of money at Smite too given that its Free to Play and its been fun joining in with some of the events.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 am

Destiny !!
"Time fades even legend..."