Why did they take that out?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JazzFunk

Re: Why did they take that out?

Post by JazzFunk » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 am

pratty wrote:The blood in No Mercy PAL edition, I believe they removed it when they replaced the original faulty save carts. So unnecessary, it was far from gory, and it was silly they kept the first blood match in, and the wrestlers reacted to blood that was now invisible.
I think I was lucky to get the old version with that because I was surprised it had blood in when I was expecting the censored one. Not the same with my Wrestlemania 2000, which I 'upgraded' to from WCW VS NWO Revenge. That was disappointing. Nothing made Revenge more fun than when the claret came on the scene, so satisfying. I loved that game, the AKI N64 wrestling games were sublime (but the blood was the icing in the cake.) Just W2000 was such a kick in the gut with its bloodless PAL version. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:33 am

pratty wrote:The blood in No Mercy PAL edition
Ditto for PAL No More Heroes on Wii, to the point I bought it but can't quite bring myself to play it, since replacing it with sparkly things just seems more daft than removing the effect completely. I want blood, lots of it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri May 20, 2016 8:58 am

^That was ANOTHER really stupid decision. I'm put off playing for the same reason.

Didn't they take exploding heads out of Code Veronica, too?

davyK

Post by davyK » Sat May 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Coins on the track in Mario Kart. Was in the original and I think the GBA version only. The more coins you collect the faster you go. Collisions make you lose some. It was a great scheme. Don't know why it was taken out.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat May 21, 2016 5:30 pm

davyK wrote:Coins on the track in Mario Kart. Was in the original and I think the GBA version only. The more coins you collect the faster you go. Collisions make you lose some. It was a great scheme. Don't know why it was taken out.
These are back in Mario Kart 8 on the Wii-U and I'm sure they were in MK7 on the 3DS as well :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

davyK

Post by davyK » Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 am

Megamixer wrote:
davyK wrote:Coins on the track in Mario Kart. Was in the original and I think the GBA version only. The more coins you collect the faster you go. Collisions make you lose some. It was a great scheme. Don't know why it was taken out.
These are back in Mario Kart 8 on the Wii-U and I'm sure they were in MK7 on the 3DS as well :)

Glad to hear that! Thinking of vulturing a WiiU this year. MK8 is the only game I'm really interested in. Though if I get one I'll probably pick up the Mario games and Nintendoland.