Games that are just damn right unplayable

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

James Bond
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 am

Games that are just damn right unplayable

Post by James Bond » Fri May 11, 2007 3:58 pm

Maybe because of a glitch, terrible graphics, annoying music..........


*Tin hat time*



For me it's Half Life, the loading times are a sham (I know it was even worse in the early retro days) but this is really taking the mick. Just cannot understand how a game in this day and age, has such bad loading times, you'll walk down a hall, then all of a sudden 'loading' appears. The times are not too long, but just annoying as hell. I've played both the Dreamcast (granted that was unfinished) and Playstation 2 version, really wanted to get into them, but found it too frustrating, not when there are thousands of other first person shooters out there, made before and after without this loading problem.
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

Surfingpikachao
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:34 pm
Location: Johto

Post by Surfingpikachao » Fri May 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Try playing rugrats:search for reptar! Worse than unplayable. Because of the gay camera and bad music my brother was sick in the back garden after 30 mins of play. I am NOT lying, this game is SHIIIT. The camera is just truly awful and after 10 mins "boooo boo baba baaa baa baa booooo bababa booo booo" gets VERY annoying. It's for PS1 if anyone wants a day of school sick.
Hey big spender, dig this blender! Rainbow suspenders, hey big spender!

psj3809
Posts: 18866
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:14 pm

Surfingpikachao wrote:Try playing rugrats:search for reptar! Worse than unplayable. Because of the gay camera and bad music my brother was sick in the back garden after 30 mins of play. I am NOT lying, this game is SHIIIT. The camera is just truly awful and after 10 mins "boooo boo baba baaa baa baa booooo bababa booo booo" gets VERY annoying. It's for PS1 if anyone wants a day of school sick.
I think for most people a game with the word 'Rugrats' in it will instantly tell them its crap and for under fives only

User avatar
bonerlaw
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by bonerlaw » Fri May 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Action Biker on the C64! For one, never saw the point of the game, and I could just never get over a jump, around the roller coaster.....anything!!!
Image

Surfingpikachao
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:34 pm
Location: Johto

Post by Surfingpikachao » Fri May 11, 2007 4:17 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Surfingpikachao wrote:Try playing rugrats:search for reptar! Worse than unplayable. Because of the gay camera and bad music my brother was sick in the back garden after 30 mins of play. I am NOT lying, this game is SHIIIT. The camera is just truly awful and after 10 mins "boooo boo baba baaa baa baa booooo bababa booo booo" gets VERY annoying. It's for PS1 if anyone wants a day of school sick.
I think for most people a game with the word 'Rugrats' in it will instantly tell them its crap and for under fives only
I suppose under fives are sick even without nausea from a game so it wouldn't make a difference for them...

EDIT: Btw, only reason I played it was because it was the nly game at my moms after school club when I was like 9 or 10 =/
Hey big spender, dig this blender! Rainbow suspenders, hey big spender!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26843
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Games that are just damn right unplayable

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:26 pm

James Bond wrote:For me it's Half Life, the loading times are a sham (I know it was even worse in the early retro days) but this is really taking the mick. Just cannot understand how a game in this day and age, has such bad loading times, you'll walk down a hall, then all of a sudden 'loading' appears. The times are not too long, but just annoying as hell. I've played both the Dreamcast (granted that was unfinished) and Playstation 2 version, really wanted to get into them, but found it too frustrating, not when there are thousands of other first person shooters out there, made before and after without this loading problem.
That's what happens when you play a game designed for PC on a system thats not up to the job.

Doesn't do that on the PC at all, you've been coned by the money men.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809
Posts: 18866
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Surfingpikachao wrote:EDIT: Btw, only reason I played it was because it was the nly game at my moms after school club when I was like 9 or 10 =/
Yeah yeah we've heard those type of excuses before ;) "I only played Barbie on the GBA because my sisters brothers cousin hamster forced me to play it" ;)

User avatar
seabass
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: Warp Zone On The Left
Contact:

Post by seabass » Fri May 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Dungeon Liar
I would even say this is the worst game in the world...if you coinsder it a game at all ¬_¬
I got love for you if were born in the 80's...yeah!

User avatar
Danny
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:57 am
Location: Owermongie, England
Contact:

Post by Danny » Fri May 11, 2007 6:56 pm

FADE TO BLACK?, FADE TO S**TE MORE LIKE!

Sorry I know it's a first generation PSX game but seriously this game is dire. It's riddled with gameplay flaws, dodgey controls and bugs which programmers could not be bothered to fix but yet they list them in the "guide" part of the manual. For example the first gun turret you meet if you shoot it before it goes down fully, even though it's been destoryed it will still continue to fire at you and there is nothing you can do about it! Also when you kill the first huminod enemy in the game which looks like some sort of mutant reject from a trouma film if you happen to be near it when it turns to a goo like substance it will crawl towards you and instantly kill you! WTF!?

Sorry it may seem I going a bit overboard here but seriously replay the game again then try a game like Assualt Rigs (another first gen game which does stand the test of time!) and you'll wonder how did the Fade to Black managed to make such a crappy game which tarnishes a wonderful series of games.

p.s: Anyone who says Half-Life is the most unplayable game of all time has lived a very sheltered life. Yes it has flaws but there are much more fundelmently crappier games out there like Mario is Missing for the NES for example! :lol:

User avatar
MikeHive
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by MikeHive » Fri May 11, 2007 7:32 pm

Ecco the @!*'# Dolphin.

Something about that game makes me play it for about thirty seconds, and then want to stab my cat.
~Mike
www.bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive

daverage
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:30 am
Contact:

Post by daverage » Sat May 12, 2007 11:17 am

Another World.
However the recent rerelease improved the controls immensely!!
Andrzej 'daverage' Marczewski
http://www.yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk
Games reviews written by gamers for gamers
Image

User avatar
Sabreman
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:09 pm
Location: The Diabolical Demon Director
Contact:

Post by Sabreman » Sat May 12, 2007 1:34 pm

I hate gay cameras.

James Bond
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 am

Post by James Bond » Sat May 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Prince of Persia, think it was the Snes version, damn jump button never worked



























splat.
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

User avatar
will2097
Posts: 3909
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Post by will2097 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:35 am

daverage wrote:Another World.
However the recent rerelease improved the controls immensely!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I disagree. But OK.

...but I was going to say Ninja Gaiden. I tried and tried and it made me angry beyond words. I really hated that game. I even recently download the PS3 version demo, and it's just like the xbox version but slightly better graphics and they've made it easier than the xbox version and it still infuriating rubbish - IMHO Onimusha Dawn of Dreams and God of War II did the whole thing better.

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 am

bonerlaw wrote:Action Biker on the C64! For one, never saw the point of the game, and I could just never get over a jump, around the roller coaster.....anything!!!
Classic game! Getting around the building site and rollercoaster was my greatest gaming achievement as a child!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests