Romero teasing new game?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Laird

Re: Romero teasing new game?

Post by The Laird » Sun May 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Kickstarter require at least a prototype/WIP to put anything on there, I know this very well as I am looking to launch one myself in a few months.

quantum

Post by quantum » Mon May 02, 2016 1:17 pm

The Laird wrote:Kickstarter require at least a prototype/WIP to put anything on there, I know this very well as I am looking to launch one myself in a few months.
Really? I did one a few years ago for an OSX port (of a Windows product) and they never asked if work had been started.

How about a game screenshot quiz? Amiga, DOS, Megadrive and Commodore 64.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Mon May 02, 2016 4:57 pm

quantum wrote:
The Laird wrote:Kickstarter require at least a prototype/WIP to put anything on there, I know this very well as I am looking to launch one myself in a few months.
Really? I did one a few years ago for an OSX port (of a Windows product) and they never asked if work had been started.
I know there's a rule that you've got to show a prototype for any project where you intend to offer a physical reward. They do that to discourage vapour-ware hardware projects.

I don't think it applies to a purely software project though. So far as I'm aware it's strictly caveat emptor on that front.