Name that game or console that you aspire to own

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Post by Mootown » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:15 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Well my dream has come true finally got a boxed Jap Neo Geo Aes at the right price. Looking for Magician Lord, I feel like that huge gap in my games collection has been plugged
Dude - Magician Lord? It's not too good to put it nicely..

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:25 pm

Mootown wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Well my dream has come true finally got a boxed Jap Neo Geo Aes at the right price. Looking for Magician Lord, I feel like that huge gap in my games collection has been plugged
Dude - Magician Lord? It's not too good to put it nicely..
Yep I've always liked it great little platformer always wanted it :D no accounting for taste I suppose :)

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Post by Mootown » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:32 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
Mootown wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Well my dream has come true finally got a boxed Jap Neo Geo Aes at the right price. Looking for Magician Lord, I feel like that huge gap in my games collection has been plugged
Dude - Magician Lord? It's not too good to put it nicely..
Yep I've always liked it great little platformer always wanted it :D no accounting for taste I suppose :)
As long as you offset its badness by purchasing some quality Neo titles to balance things out :)

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Mootown wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
Mootown wrote: Dude - Magician Lord? It's not too good to put it nicely..
Yep I've always liked it great little platformer always wanted it :D no accounting for taste I suppose :)
As long as you offset its badness by purchasing some quality Neo titles to balance things out :)
Okay :roll: :lol:

DanDare
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by DanDare » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:12 pm

http://www.playwii.de/uploads/inline/pic-2890.jpg

:D

Seriously, I'd like to get hold of the old Sierra point-and-click adventures. Space Quest, Police Quest, Hero's Quest and Gabriel Knight.

They've actually released them in packs but I'd like the original big boxes.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
Mootown wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote: Yep I've always liked it great little platformer always wanted it :D no accounting for taste I suppose :)
As long as you offset its badness by purchasing some quality Neo titles to balance things out :)
Okay :roll: :lol:
Congrats on the Neo. It was the first thing I got when I started my job and I love the console. So many great fighting, shoot em up and arcade games on the console.
I'm also a big fan of Magician Lord. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts n Goblins with cool transformations. Before christmas there was 1 seller that was selling it for £9.99 but I think he's no longer around (it was brand new/sealed to!).

Oh and I've also managed to get one of the things that I aspire to own, namely a playchoice 10 cab (thanks to bensonrad for pointing me in the right direction!) I'm just searching for more games now. Getting it Tuesday - Cant wait :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Tapey297
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:47 am
Location: Hitchin

Post by Tapey297 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 am

I would love to own a Neo Geo AES (nearly bought one off the bay last week)

As for the game I would love to own streets of rage three but I am not paying Ebay prices for it.

Arcade cabinet I would have would have to be a two player sega rally.

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Post by Mootown » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:31 am

I'd quite like a white official Saturn steering 'wheel'.

User avatar
video-gamer-girl
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Clankers Cavern/Near Heathrow air port

Post by video-gamer-girl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 am

mine would be a Japanese NEO GEO AES and Japanese Virtual boy. but being i dont work and my husband dose, i dont hold the purse strings, so its only dreams now for any console.
Image

Image

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:07 am

Mootown wrote:I'd quite like a white official Saturn steering 'wheel'.
Hee hee I've got a boxed uk one of those, it free with a replacement Saturn I'd bought - man they're ropey!! Just really unreponsive and fragile feeling. Do the white one's look as pornographic as the white Saturn?

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Congrats on the Neo. It was the first thing I got when I started my job and I love the console. So many great fighting, shoot em up and arcade games on the console.
I'm also a big fan of Magician Lord. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts n Goblins with cool transformations. Before christmas there was 1 seller that was selling it for £9.99 but I think he's no longer around (it was brand new/sealed to!).

Oh and I've also managed to get one of the things that I aspire to own, namely a playchoice 10 cab (thanks to bensonrad for pointing me in the right direction!) I'm just searching for more games now. Getting it Tuesday - Cant wait :D
Thanks mate it's been a long time coming, I nearly weakened and bought a UK one earlier on in the week but a JAP boxed version came up at the right price and I got it, got to get the relevant step down now and scart connector but should be a piece of pi$$. I've been playing ML on the wii and have really been enjoying it, love the box art, and I've seen it cheap too. Also bought a really cheap turbografx 16 this week purely to play US R-Type on!!!

Well done on the playchoice cab where did you track it down to? Am I right in thinking that's a cab that's got multiple NES games on it? Wasn't there also a SNES version?

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:29 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Congrats on the Neo. It was the first thing I got when I started my job and I love the console. So many great fighting, shoot em up and arcade games on the console.
I'm also a big fan of Magician Lord. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts n Goblins with cool transformations. Before christmas there was 1 seller that was selling it for £9.99 but I think he's no longer around (it was brand new/sealed to!).

Oh and I've also managed to get one of the things that I aspire to own, namely a playchoice 10 cab (thanks to bensonrad for pointing me in the right direction!) I'm just searching for more games now. Getting it Tuesday - Cant wait :D
Thanks mate it's been a long time coming, I nearly weakened and bought a UK one earlier on in the week but a JAP boxed version came up at the right price and I got it, got to get the relevant step down now and scart connector but should be a piece of pi$$. I've been playing ML on the wii and have really been enjoying it, love the box art, and I've seen it cheap too. Also bought a really cheap turbografx 16 this week purely to play US R-Type on!!!

Well done on the playchoice cab where did you track it down to? Am I right in thinking that's a cab that's got multiple NES games on it? Wasn't there also a SNES version?
Getting a Japanese console was the better choice. That way its uncensored and in wonderful 60Hz. It also looks wonderful with an RGB scart cable, its also handy that the games are region free.

Yep, the playchoice is the Nes is in cab, you can have up to 10 games in it at a time, so now I'm just tracking some nice ones down (got Mega Man 3, getting Mario, maybe Trojan and Rygar and possibly Mario 3 and Turtles). I got a reference to check out Jammaplus which is a forum which is a great community of cab owners and got lucky.

Your right, Nintendo did follow it up with a simular idea using Snes games, though I'm not sure which games bar Super Punch Out were made (and from what I've read there isn't many games available for it).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Post by Mootown » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
Mootown wrote:I'd quite like a white official Saturn steering 'wheel'.
Hee hee I've got a boxed uk one of those, it free with a replacement Saturn I'd bought - man they're ropey!! Just really unreponsive and fragile feeling. Do the white one's look as pornographic as the white Saturn?
It is indeed ropey, but strangely when you use it with either Outrun or Powerdrift it's exactly right - much better than the analogue pad in fact.
However, it makes Sega Rally nearly impossible.

I had the black one, but it would be nice to have it in matching white to go with my Saturn. Erm not sure it looks pornographic though?

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:38 am

Mootown wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
Mootown wrote:I'd quite like a white official Saturn steering 'wheel'.
Hee hee I've got a boxed uk one of those, it free with a replacement Saturn I'd bought - man they're ropey!! Just really unreponsive and fragile feeling. Do the white one's look as pornographic as the white Saturn?
It is indeed ropey, but strangely when you use it with either Outrun or Powerdrift it's exactly right - much better than the analogue pad in fact.
However, it makes Sega Rally nearly impossible.

I had the black one, but it would be nice to have it in matching white to go with my Saturn. Erm not sure it looks pornographic though?
Ha yep but the white Saturn is very pretty!! :lol:

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:40 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Congrats on the Neo. It was the first thing I got when I started my job and I love the console. So many great fighting, shoot em up and arcade games on the console.
I'm also a big fan of Magician Lord. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts n Goblins with cool transformations. Before christmas there was 1 seller that was selling it for £9.99 but I think he's no longer around (it was brand new/sealed to!).

Oh and I've also managed to get one of the things that I aspire to own, namely a playchoice 10 cab (thanks to bensonrad for pointing me in the right direction!) I'm just searching for more games now. Getting it Tuesday - Cant wait :D
Thanks mate it's been a long time coming, I nearly weakened and bought a UK one earlier on in the week but a JAP boxed version came up at the right price and I got it, got to get the relevant step down now and scart connector but should be a piece of pi$$. I've been playing ML on the wii and have really been enjoying it, love the box art, and I've seen it cheap too. Also bought a really cheap turbografx 16 this week purely to play US R-Type on!!!

Well done on the playchoice cab where did you track it down to? Am I right in thinking that's a cab that's got multiple NES games on it? Wasn't there also a SNES version?
Getting a Japanese console was the better choice. That way its uncensored and in wonderful 60Hz. It also looks wonderful with an RGB scart cable, its also handy that the games are region free.

Yep, the playchoice is the Nes is in cab, you can have up to 10 games in it at a time, so now I'm just tracking some nice ones down (got Mega Man 3, getting Mario, maybe Trojan and Rygar and possibly Mario 3 and Turtles). I got a reference to check out Jammaplus which is a forum which is a great community of cab owners and got lucky.

Your right, Nintendo did follow it up with a simular idea using Snes games, though I'm not sure which games bar Super Punch Out were made (and from what I've read there isn't many games available for it).
Well done again, you've just got to clear some space now!!

I seem to remember Super Marioworld on the SNES version?

Ahh I need to get back to that game still my fave Mario game.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests