Name that game or console that you aspire to own

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gmintyfresh

Name that game or console that you aspire to own

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 11, 2007 1:02 pm

Name that game or console that you aspire to own: which item have you been after for ages but just haven't quite got round to purchasing? It could be because of price, rarity, time/space constraints, etc - tell me what your dream piece of kit is?

Console
Has to be said been looking for a reasonably priced Neo Geo for years, ever since it was released. It's a machine I've aspired to, I've managed to get most other consoles that I couldn't afford at the time but this one has just escaped me (more than once I've nearly got one but it's just been over my budget). It's getting near the time when I'm just bite the bullet and just get one.

Game
R-Type III for the SNES Boxed. Been after this for about 2 years I'm a huge fan of the series and have almost all the R-Type home releases. This one is still just too expensive I will have it one day though!!

Arcade
Either house of the dead 3 two player arcade machine (shotguns and zombies are always fun) or a Final Fight cab - too big or two expensive (HOTD3)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:05 pm

Console I eventually got. Mrs Ant bought me the Vectrex I'd lusted after for over twenty years for my birthday in 2006.

Can't specify an individual game, I could post a list as long as your arm...

For the arcade, I have to be terribly unoriginal and say Star Wars. The latest issue of Game Room magazine features a perfect reproduction of that one, so one day...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Console I eventually got. Mrs Ant bought me the Vectrex I'd lusted after for over twenty years for my birthday in 2006.

Can't specify an individual game, I could post a list as long as your arm...

For the arcade, I have to be terribly unoriginal and say Star Wars. The latest issue of Game Room magazine features a perfect reproduction of that one, so one day...
Oh yes always been intreagued by the Vectrex Mrs Ant did some good work there. Star wars sit down cab would be brilliant, doesn't it shout out random phrases from the film?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:20 pm

I would like a vectrex or Jaguar or Amiga, but I dont have the money for any of them at the Moment and dont have the space to set up the Amiga.
Games wise Id like pretty much the whole dam Saturn realese list in all territories. In the Arcade area, Id like the complete set of HotD machines, but unless I magically win the lottery, I have no hope in hell and of course Id need an arcade to fit them all in as theres at least 2 variations of each machine and game e.g HotD 4 SP
Watching you sleep since 1990

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri May 11, 2007 2:54 pm

I've always wanted the simpsons arcade game. Was that ever released on any other format? This implies it may be part of the new simpsons game.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/786/786770p1.html
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

jimid2

Post by jimid2 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:26 pm

I'm looking for a Turbo Express right now... I loved my old one, but my ex-wife made me sell it with my entire TurboGrafx collection (more than 100 games, a Turbo Duo, and the Express, plus tonnes of periferals and extras) to finance a new computer for her when she went back for her PhD back in 1995 (then she dumped me for one of her profs and kept the computer when I moved out :lol: ) Anyway, I want another, and I'm willing to pay for a nice, clean example, but they're not so easy to come by anymore...

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Vectrex for me too, I'd been after a WonderSwan for a while (I likes me handhelds) but one should be with me soon, so I can save for the Vectrex (or hopefully I can get Mrs Smurph to buy me one for Christmas or summink).

Game, I want a copy of Cotton for the NeoGeo Pocket Colour or Saturn.

Arcade, I'll have a multi slot NeoGeo cab with Nam1975 and a few other choice morsels.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:16 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Star wars sit down cab would be brilliant, doesn't it shout out random phrases from the film?
Its not random. At key points, you get select phrases - Ben telling you to 'Use the force' for example.

I'm talking about the original vector game from Atari of course, not the later Star Wars Arcade. Only played that once, so no idea how that behaves.

I'm not sure about stand up or sit down for this one. Sit down is cool and looks smart, but esentially I'm a stand up arcade player and it was a stand up Star Wars my local arcade had. You can't bob up and down to help through the trench the same when you're sat down :lol:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

seabass

Post by seabass » Fri May 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Would have to be the Neo Geo CD
I got love for you if were born in the 80's...yeah!

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:40 pm

For me, I'd like to get a Nomad. Just to see if it's as good as I imagine.

For games. I'd like to get a legit copy of Silvergun.
Thoughts and prayers.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri May 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Mine are also a sitdown Starwars machine and a stand up APB machine...

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Fri May 11, 2007 7:10 pm

I was after Dracula X Rondo of blood and A PC-FX for ages - and then got both a while back. My new want is for Radiant Silvergun and a Sharp X68000.....one on ebay at the moment but £200 is too steep and I want the black model...

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Fri May 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Sorry for being lame, but for me, since I was a teenager Ive always wanted to own a Neo Geo. I know you can get the games via various sources now, but would love to play greats like Metal Slug on the format it was designed for!

Game, hmmm.............. I suppose I would go for getting my limited edition copy of Symphony of the NIght back that I sold for a tenner!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: DOH!!!!!!!!

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Console: A PS3 to play Golden Axe, Heavenly Sword and a spanking new 3D Castlevania(cos' we know Konami will make one!).

Game: Bioforge. Aparently harder than concrete boots, but damn it looks spanking gorgeous!

Arcade: Dragon Spirit. Awesome game.

Mozart

Post by Mozart » Fri May 11, 2007 7:25 pm

I'm currently after a NeXT cube - I fell in love with them when we had them at work back in 1990 (or thereabouts). It's a real shame Jobs then went back to Apple and started producing Macs again.
Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ... I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing