Miitomo

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the_hawk

Miitomo

Post by the_hawk » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Just downloaded this.

Not really sure what the crack with it is, I'll probably lose interest in it before long, anybody else tried it?
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

snesfanboy

Re: Miitomo

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:21 am

i've downloaded it too

sadly, i don't have any friends who use it, so i'm stuck just wandering around my house :D

it's fun to tinker around with for a couple of minutes a day or play some of the (basic) games, but i fail to see (as with all mobile freemium games, not this specifically) how anyone can spend any money on this

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:07 am

Yeah, I'm the same. I've never spent real money in a Freemium app & doubt I ever will.

Anyone who wants to add me my username is Sammynate

OR type 99 to continue

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 am

snesfanboy wrote:i've downloaded it too

sadly, i don't have any friends who use it, so i'm stuck just wandering around my house :D

it's fun to tinker around with for a couple of minutes a day or play some of the (basic) games, but i fail to see (as with all mobile freemium games, not this specifically) how anyone can spend any money on this
Same here! I doubt I have any friends who'd have any interest at all in this (or gaming generally to be honest)
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:38 am

Think its terrible. Waited ages for a Nintendo app and then get this kiddie app. Apparently games are coming but this first effort i've got no interest in.

Most people i know are playing Nintendo games left right and centre on their iphone (so easy to do), Nintendo should at least make a huge chunk of money by releasing some official ones on iOS.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:29 pm

psj3809 wrote:Nintendo should at least make a huge chunk of money by releasing some official ones on iOS.
And I imagine that when they do, everyone will say that £7 is too much for Super Mario World...
That's the problem with piracy, it devalues the worth of things.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Well that and re-re-re-re-re-releases of the same games every time a new console comes out, besides SMW would be rubbish with touchscreen controls and definitely overpriced at 7 quid.

OR type 99 to continue

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:12 pm

psj3809 wrote:Think its terrible. Waited ages for a Nintendo app and then get this kiddie app. Apparently games are coming but this first effort i've got no interest in.

Most people i know are playing Nintendo games left right and centre on their iphone (so easy to do), Nintendo should at least make a huge chunk of money by releasing some official ones on iOS.
Yes, that's a terrible shame.

If only Nintendo made a series of portable games machines, with appropriate controls, on which you could buy them...

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:26 am

Quite enjoying Miitomo atm, think it's quite a funny little distraction!

My only complaint is that I can't seem to add friends from anywhere other than Facebook. Isn't there a way to search by username or something? Mine is Rayne, if that helps :lol:

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I think you can generate a QR code for adding friends, have seen some people post some.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I thought it said you could add people via gamecenter as well, I'm on as tempus in case anyone feels the need.
Splink!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am

Matt_B wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Think its terrible. Waited ages for a Nintendo app and then get this kiddie app. Apparently games are coming but this first effort i've got no interest in.

Yes, that's a terrible shame.

If only Nintendo made a series of portable games machines, with appropriate controls, on which you could buy them...
Thats not the issue here. Nintendo finally finally release an app on iOS and its this, just disappointing. Just ridiculous they havent released anything decent, be interesting to see what the next iOS title will be

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 am

psj3809 wrote:Thats not the issue here. Nintendo finally finally release an app on iOS and its this, just disappointing. Just ridiculous they havent released anything decent, be interesting to see what the next iOS title will be
Did you honestly think it would be anything but a heavily monetized social/casual game though? It's been known for over a year that they were going into partnership with DeNA and that's what they make, and was Pokemon Shuffle not enough of a hint as to what was afoot? It will be very popular and make them a ton of money though; they had something like three million downloads on the first day alone.

I'd maintain that there's absolutely zero incentive for Nintendo to release quality games for other people's hardware; it'd just undermine sales of their own. And while there's still tens of millions of people prepared to pay £40 a pop for games on the 3DS, Wii U, and whatever the NX turns out to be, where's the sense in doing that?

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:02 pm

I'll be honest, I deleted it, really don't see the point to it.

It could actually have been a decent timewaster with a few basic tweaks. I gave it a fair crack, but ultimately as pointless as I feared.

OR type 99 to continue

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:14 am

It's like a cut down tomodachi life from what I can tell and that was terrible.

I've spent five minutes giving rude answers and answers designed to give out inappropriate responses but I'm done.

Can't stand digital life games , there is no point other than to waste peoples actual time in a virtual existence.