driveclubs future?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

driveclubs future?

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:08 am

so evoloution face closure what does this mean for driveclub. hopefully sony will keep the servers open but will the game be maintained or not I know it had a rocky launch but it seems successfull enough now and it's a unique idea for a racing game too
This guy are sick

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 am

Servers will stay up for the time being, I can see it probably be shut down in a couple of years depending on how many people are still playing it. The VR version is not being canned which is good news, as I want that one to succeed.

The game itself probably won't see anymore updates or DLC since Evo are no more, which is a real shame as DC has been my favourite racer this gen - constantly tweaking, improving and adding new content to the game. I've still got a few of the DLC packs to finish along with the Bikes DLC... Its a pity as I'd hoped we'd get another "season" worth of content from the game over the course of this year :(
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:15 am

ShadowMan wrote:Servers will stay up for the time being, I can see it probably be shut down in a couple of years depending on how many people are still playing it. The VR version is not being canned which is good news, as I want that one to succeed.

The game itself probably won't see anymore updates or DLC since Evo are no more, which is a real shame as DC has been my favourite racer this gen - constantly tweaking, improving and adding new content to the game. I've still got a few of the DLC packs to finish along with the Bikes DLC... Its a pity as I'd hoped we'd get another "season" worth of content from the game over the course of this year :(
i have all the free dlc plus the season pass dlc but not got bikes yet or the newer dlc
This guy are sick

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 am

stayAwhile wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Servers will stay up for the time being, I can see it probably be shut down in a couple of years depending on how many people are still playing it. The VR version is not being canned which is good news, as I want that one to succeed.

The game itself probably won't see anymore updates or DLC since Evo are no more, which is a real shame as DC has been my favourite racer this gen - constantly tweaking, improving and adding new content to the game. I've still got a few of the DLC packs to finish along with the Bikes DLC... Its a pity as I'd hoped we'd get another "season" worth of content from the game over the course of this year :(
i have all the free dlc plus the season pass dlc but not got bikes yet or the newer dlc
Bikes is brilliant, I really do recommend it, plenty of content there for the price :)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Servers will stay up for the time being, I can see it probably be shut down in a couple of years depending on how many people are still playing it. The VR version is not being canned which is good news, as I want that one to succeed.

The game itself probably won't see anymore updates or DLC since Evo are no more, which is a real shame as DC has been my favourite racer this gen - constantly tweaking, improving and adding new content to the game. I've still got a few of the DLC packs to finish along with the Bikes DLC... Its a pity as I'd hoped we'd get another "season" worth of content from the game over the course of this year :(
i have all the free dlc plus the season pass dlc but not got bikes yet or the newer dlc
Bikes is brilliant, I really do recommend it, plenty of content there for the price :)
I have one of the bikes for free and its one of the best biking games yet not normaly a fan of bike games either apart from mx world tour by play it on ps2 motor gp on xbox and roadrash
This guy are sick

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by The Beans » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Codemasters have picked up Evolution so it might not be the end of the DriveClub franchise. Announcement is up on the Codemasters blog.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Not bad news really. I can't wait to get the Codies Rally game so I think the Evo team will be a good fit. Can't wait to see where this goes.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:21 pm

The Beans wrote:Codemasters have picked up Evolution so it might not be the end of the DriveClub franchise. Announcement is up on the Codemasters blog.
can codemasters now either A make a decent sensi game or B let jon hare use the sensi name since sayiong soci doesnt quite have the same ring to it and soicable soccer is a bit of a crappy name compared to sensible soccer or SWOS

but thats greaat news about the purchase of Evolution as long as they dont try and make drive club a annual game or something silly

on the subject of driveclub I left my club(I felt that the level they leveld up at made me feel liek i enver contributed to it at all plus they were a high level to start with soi i wanted to start from club level 1 and have a club that i like the name of and that represented something personal to me) so i started a new club called Aintree Racing(since I am from aintree and it has a great history not only in horse racing but also motor. racing) so if anyone wants to join it would be appreciated i need at least one member before i can take part or set challanges or level up.

I am still working on the paint job but I will be using British racing green as a base colour.

so if you want to join a new club or mabie have a second acount you can join from or a friend who needs a club let me know.
This guy are sick

User avatar
Nemesis
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:55 am
Location: Norwich, UK

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by Nemesis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:28 pm

The Beans wrote:Codemasters have picked up Evolution so it might not be the end of the DriveClub franchise. Announcement is up on the Codemasters blog.
I believe that Motorstorm and Driveclub are Sony owned franchises, therefore, Evolution/Codemasters will not be contributing much to either series going forward.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: driveclubs future?

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Nemesis wrote:
The Beans wrote:Codemasters have picked up Evolution so it might not be the end of the DriveClub franchise. Announcement is up on the Codemasters blog.
I believe that Motorstorm and Driveclub are Sony owned franchises, therefore, Evolution/Codemasters will not be contributing much to either series going forward.
as far as motorstorm is concerned I'd be happy with a ps4 trilogy or a best of game i miss the days of motorstorm having an online mode
This guy are sick

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests