What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

So what type of PC Upgrader are you?

One that upgrades when there is a great new game with specs that demand fresh investment?
3
9%
One who waits until the PC has truly, truly run out its course and has been on its dying legs for years?
24
73%
One that buys a fresh new system every few years just to keep up with the latest?
3
9%
One that upgrades and keeps upgrading until things cant go any further?
3
9%
One that treats it like a damn hot rod with all the fluro lights and nitro systems and puts every cent into it?
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 33

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:06 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:
MadManDan79 wrote:I know a few people who spend so much on gaming pcs (graphics, sound cards, bigger hard drives etc) they might as well have just spent the money on a new console.

The only advantage gaming pcs have is less clutter but then again you can have an XBMC Xbox for older games, a cfw PS3 for the next step up and a PS4 or Xbox 1 and those 3 will do everything a gaming pc will.
What if they aren't interested in the lesser gaming experience that is console gaming? :wink:

I know for myself that I'm in the camp that cares very little for modern consoles. Though, I will say that if all you're interested in are modern mainstream games and want the cheapest way to play them, then consoles are probably a better choice. PC gaming is for those of us who like more complex, PC-oriented experiences (you can also use it to play console ports in higher quality but I find that's a bit of a waste) and like to mess with various creativity programs, modding and even game creation. You can't do that on a console, now can you? :wink:

I see you have decided to stop pretending you are trolling now.

At least I hope it is, because if its not then I can only apologise for whatever mentall condition you are afflicted with.
And your post was totally not trolling, saying how PC gamers don't know "fun"... :wink:


p.s.: some might consider Trackmania more fun than Mario Kart and that series started out on the PC. And here's Mario Kart and 3D World running on a PC emulator (a bit slow and glitchy for now but will likely improve with time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olyRVEZe5tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNo_OcKp39I

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:25 pm

What exactly is your point.

That some sad fuckers are getting excited about running a game that I can go out and buy a console + several other games and play on it the way its supposed to.

Sums PC owners up TBH, they would rather get all excited about emulating a game and sitting and getting excited about the POWAH to do so and smugly playing a gltchy buggy mess thats nowhere near a decent version.

All the while actual Wii U owners are actually playing the game smoothly and the way it was meant to be played.

I mean what is your point, that in a few years you can actually play Wii U games , years after WiiU owners have enjoyed played an completed them. Fan bloody tastic.

Is that the pinnacle of gaming, playing games form a the weakest system this gen several years later than everyone else.

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Emulation of closed and limited systems is just a cherry on top, not the focus of PC gaming. :wink:

And I think we all can agree that PC is much more than just games. You essentially need a PC to do everyday things whereas a game console is just a toy to play with. :wink:

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by markopoloman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Trackmania IS more fun than Mario Kart. Just thought I'd add that in :mrgreen:

I really don't get all this bickering over PC and console gaming - if a game is good on PC or Console then just enjoy the fecking thing! I am a PC gamer (but have a Wii-U and Xbox360) and 'enjoy' PC gaming... It doesn't mean I think everything that comes out on a console is rubbish.

Emulation is brilliant - on PC but hey, it is also brilliant on Xbox and Wii. If you want emulation - emulate on whatever will do the game some justice.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:42 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:Emulation of closed and limited systems is just a cherry on top, not the focus of PC gaming. :wink:

And I think we all can agree that PC is much more than just games. You essentially need a PC to do everyday things whereas a game console is just a toy to play with. :wink:
Sad little man.

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by markopoloman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:43 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:Emulation of closed and limited systems is just a cherry on top, not the focus of PC gaming. :wink:

And I think we all can agree that PC is much more than just games. You essentially need a PC to do everyday things whereas a game console is just a toy to play with. :wink:
Sad little MEN.
Edited that for you.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Gotcha, Its wrong just to pick on him when they are many many more PC owners like him.

Thanks for the edit.

I suppose its not really their fault, like over excited puppies with no impulse control. and just like puppies crapping on the floor they leave stains on the forums. bit short on brains so all you can do is point to the mess and scold them and just hope that eventually they learn how to behave themselves.

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:48 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:Emulation of closed and limited systems is just a cherry on top, not the focus of PC gaming. :wink:

And I think we all can agree that PC is much more than just games. You essentially need a PC to do everyday things whereas a game console is just a toy to play with. :wink:
Sad little man.
Not sure why you must always resort to being personal, I guess you must feel terribly offended by what I write over here... :wink:

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:Gotcha, Its wrong just to pick on him when they are many many more PC owners like him.

Thanks for the edit.

I suppose its not really their fault, like over excited puppies with no impulse control. and just like puppies crapping on the floor they leave stains on the forums. bit short on brains so all you can do is point to the mess and scold them and just hope that eventually they learn how to behave themselves.

PS, I know not all PC owners are like that, but outdated game is a walking talking stereotype of everything people dislike about a certain type of PC owner.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:51 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:Emulation of closed and limited systems is just a cherry on top, not the focus of PC gaming. :wink:

And I think we all can agree that PC is much more than just games. You essentially need a PC to do everyday things whereas a game console is just a toy to play with. :wink:
Sad little man.
Not sure why you must always resort to being personal, I guess you must feel terribly offended by what I write over here... :wink:
Not offended at all. As i said before, I have an innate inability to ignore idiocy and feel compelled to point it out.

I actually had my time as a big PC fan in the early to mid 90s and really really enjoyed my time doing so, never ever went on like this though.

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
Not offended at all. As i said before, I have an innate inability to ignore idiocy and feel compelled to point it out.

I actually had my time as a big PC fan in the early to mid 90s and really really enjoyed my time doing so, never ever went on like this though.
It's called opinion... :wink:

But seriously, your track record of personal attacks is quite large. I'm considering just ignoring your posts from now on as I see nothing that actually contributes to discussion. There is a line between having a bit controversial opinion about certain things and simply resorting to being personal and primitive towards others. :wink:

The only other individual on this board that seems to have some sort of personal agenda against me is gman, and I honestly find it quite childish.

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:05 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
Not offended at all. As i said before, I have an innate inability to ignore idiocy and feel compelled to point it out.

I actually had my time as a big PC fan in the early to mid 90s and really really enjoyed my time doing so, never ever went on like this though.
It's called opinion... :wink:

But seriously, your track record of personal attacks is quite large. I'm considering just ignoring your posts from now on as I see nothing that actually contributes to discussion. There is a line between having a bit controversial opinion about certain things and simply resorting to being personal and primitive towards others. :wink:

The only other individual on this board that seems to have some sort of personal agenda against me is gman, and I honestly find it quite childish.
Yeah Gman also seems to have lttle time for idiot trolls as well.

As usual from people like yourself, its everyone else;s fault and all the flak is unwarrented and its got nothing at all to do with how you act.

How many times have we seen this poor little me act on forums.


You actually were a good poster before, but then you decided that being a troll was more fun. I mean come on, calling consoles Toys. thats sad pathetic and pretty clearly a deliberate attempt to get a reaction.

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by markopoloman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:13 pm

The only personal stuff is coming from you RP. I really don't get all the hostility towards other forum members and the overuse of the 'troll' word. This is a thread about PC upgrades - it is far more likely to have pro-PC conversation than other threads.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
outdated_gamer
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:17 pm

markopoloman wrote:The only personal stuff is coming from you RP. I really don't get all the hostility towards other forum members and the overuse of the 'troll' word. This is a thread about PC upgrades - it is far more likely to have pro-PC conversation than other threads.
Apparently comming into this thread and saying how "PC gamers don't know fun" can not be considered trollish behaviour now... :wink:

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What type of PC Upgrader are you?

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:25 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
markopoloman wrote:The only personal stuff is coming from you RP. I really don't get all the hostility towards other forum members and the overuse of the 'troll' word. This is a thread about PC upgrades - it is far more likely to have pro-PC conversation than other threads.
Apparently comming into this thread and saying how "PC gamers don't know fun" can not be considered trollish behaviour now... :wink:
Reading comprehension, its your friend.

I said that when arguing about whats best, PC owners always concentrate on specs and stayts and actually having fun with the games is the last thing they mention. I never said PC owners don't know how to have fun, just that power and specs seem more important.

as for trolling, I believe you had yet another go at consoles ( nauseatingly predictable ) before I even entered the thread.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest