Favourite Resident Evil?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

My favourite of the first three Resident Evil's is...

Resident Evil
10
37%
Resident Evil 2
14
52%
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
3
11%
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6349
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by merman » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 am

Nin10dofan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 pm
I played resi 1 on PlayStation 1. But I didn't really play it till the remaster on gamecube. I bought eternal darkness and tought it was the best game I ever played. When I was finished playing it,
I went and bought all the rereleased remastered resi games for the gamecube they were resi zero,resi ,resi 2,resi 3 and then desk 4 when it came out, brilliant.
Technically, Nemesis wasn't remastered for GameCube. It was based on the higher-resolution Dreamcast port.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Resident Evil 3 probably my favourite game in the series. Something about Resi 2 doesn’t click with me.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26634
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:16 am

I've never played Resi 3 yet, it's in my pile of shame. I somehow went 1, 2, 4.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

kiwimike
Posts: 3653
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 am
Location: Chch, NZ

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by kiwimike » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Tricky. I love all the RE games, and loved the Remake on the Cube, from the original trilogy on PS I can't go past RE2 for me.

Lol I just realised this was a Bumped topic, lucky I still agree with myself :lol:

User avatar
SJ_Sathanas
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:16 am
I've never played Resi 3 yet, it's in my pile of shame. I somehow went 1, 2, 4.
Yeah me too. I had Zero on GC and never even fired it up.
I actually went 2 (PS1), ReMake (GC) then 4 (Xbox) and haven't played any since.

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1063
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Of the original trilogy, 2 by a mile. I never enjoyed 1 (it was more fun to watch it being played) and 3 was trash. I enjoyed 2 enough to beat it a few times.

They all pale before the greatness of 4.
Image

User avatar
BellyFullOfHell
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:44 pm
Location: Wigan

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 am

Original / REmake by a mile. Second loses too much atmosphere for me, and I find the Nemesis in 3 downright aggravating.

pratty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by pratty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:00 pm

The first one for me, though I've only played the remake.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by ALK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Shamefully, the only RE game I've ever beaten and completed was Darkside Chronicles on Wii since I love lightgun games. Never got on with the tank controls of the original trilogy, but RE4 has been on my shameful "To Play" list forever since they do away with those controls and it loved so greatly.

But hey, far as I heard the REmake and Zero HD ports have a alternative control scheme and RE2 got a modern remake so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
SJ_Sathanas
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 am

I think I would have to say Resi 2 was my favourite, just about squeezing Remake. I played it the most at the time, even did the Hank(?) scenario (but not the Tofu guy), though don't feel any need to go back. Occasionally I think of getting R2 Remake or replaying Resi 4 but I just play Dead Space instead.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5258
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by Matt_B » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 am

R2 is an easy winner in terms of having the most playable remake.

Nin10dofan
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:11 pm
Location: Dublin, ireland

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by Nin10dofan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 pm

ALK wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Shamefully, the only RE game I've ever beaten and completed was Darkside Chronicles on Wii since I love lightgun games. Never got on with the tank controls of the original trilogy, but RE4 has been on my shameful "To Play" list forever since they do away with those controls and it loved so greatly.

But hey, far as I heard the REmake and Zero HD ports have a alternative control scheme and RE2 got a modern remake so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.....
did you ever play eternal darkness

ALK
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by ALK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Nin10dofan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 pm
ALK wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Shamefully, the only RE game I've ever beaten and completed was Darkside Chronicles on Wii since I love lightgun games. Never got on with the tank controls of the original trilogy, but RE4 has been on my shameful "To Play" list forever since they do away with those controls and it loved so greatly.

But hey, far as I heard the REmake and Zero HD ports have a alternative control scheme and RE2 got a modern remake so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.....
did you ever play eternal darkness
Nope.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
batman877
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by batman877 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:44 am

My choice is Resident Evil 2. It took everything that was great about the original and expanded it to almost perfection. The recent HD remake showcases how strong a game it was in terms of atmosphere and story telling in particular.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Favourite Resident Evil?

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Clearly its this version of RE2:
Image
(the pretty bad Gamecom port of RE2. Ambitious, but no less bad)

Its impossible for me to pick a favourite, as I love RE1 (REmake), RE2 (both original and REmake) and RE4 in pretty much equal measures.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest