Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Will you buy a Spectrum Vega Plus

Yes
21%
No
67%
Can't Decide
12%

Total votes: 82

kiwimike

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Post by kiwimike » Sat May 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm
psj3809 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 pm
The game list won’t be shown as ‘certain people’ will have a field day contacting owners and getting the device postponed again.

This is what’s happened yet again now sadly due to legal letters

Think they should release it without games as most people will chuck an SD card in
So what if the rights owners for the games get contacted? If RCL had actually paid everyone who was promised royalties the full amount and donated the £10 for every machine sold to Great Ormond Street Hospital, I'm pretty sure nobody would have withdrawn their permission in the first place. Also, even despite all that, they could still have shipped it with 500 games last week because hundreds of us don't give a monkey's about getting paid or a charitable donation happening if they want to include our games. It'd just be utterly bereft by now of ones that people had played back in the day or even just heard about, and that's probably why they won't publish it.

Absolutely. But these diversion tactics are what they seem IMO. Just post some damn recent pics to prove V2 exists and is what they claim it to be. No more 'games rights' this, 'we got sent a nasty and hurtful letter' that, no more he said she said...Let's just see new pics of unit, production, packaging. That has nothing to do with ANY other aspect of the debate, it just proves they have what they say they do ready to ship. My strong suspicion is I don't believe they can.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 23, 2018 6:38 pm

We've finally got a date for the shareholder's meeting so you can put June 18 in your calendars.

If RCL really have got thousands of machines manufactured that are sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped out, they've got a little over three weeks to start doing so.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 24, 2018 12:02 am

Matt_B wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:38 pm
We've finally got a date for the shareholder's meeting so you can put June 18 in your calendars.

If RCL really have got thousands of machines manufactured that are sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped out, they've got a little over three weeks to start doing so.
It was over a week ago they agreed with the barrage of demands that posting current photos of unit, packaging and production would be a good idea to silence the critics and prove they were there and ready to go.
Yet, they either have a damn slow broadband or a new phone they can't work the camera on as they haven't emerged yet. Even if they did a photoshopping job to try and convince people it would've been quicker than that.

Spector

Post by Spector » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Apparently the director of Retro Computers Ltd - Suzanne Martin - was convicted of drug trafficking in 1987 and given a twelve month custodial sentence. It is alleged that she has been up to "other things" since then.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:55 pm

That was over 30 years ago!
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Spector wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Apparently the director of Retro Computers Ltd - Suzanne Martin - was convicted of drug trafficking in 1987 and given a twelve month custodial sentence. It is alleged that she has been up to "other things" since then.
What’s that honestly got to do with it ? Have you looked up the past of the other ‘side’ as well to be neutral ? Ridiculous

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Yes, that is completely irrelevant. What isn't though, is time has run out for them...and right on cue, comes the new update that they are delighted that they will start shipping in two weeks time...of course pending the next 'thing' that prevents it.

IGG has granted them this two weeks extension, on the grounds that they provide proof that they are all set to go within the next three days (June 5)...something they have promised to do in the last fortnight and have not- And that they provide anyone who wishes to have a refund, with one, as many that have wanted them, have been ignored.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:18 am

The whole thing has been a sh*tshow from very early on.

It seems to have lead to so much bitterness in the Spectrum community & it's not a lot of fun any more & has tainted any trust in similar projects.

As successful as the Spectrum Next has been, I can't help thinking there'd be more enthusiasm for it if it had not have been for all this farce and the Elite Bluetooth keyboard before it (which at least existed however dodgy the folk behind it were about IP.)

Sad to see
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 am

i'M INDIFFERENT TO IT. MIXED FEELINGS, I HAVE NO STRONG FEELINGS EITHER WAY. MOST OF THE SPECTRUMOUBLE GAMES ARE censored, BORING, SUPERFICIAL EMPTY censored.

Target Renegade was good I liked beating up the lady’s of the night and lagar lads/beers and their terrier type dogs.

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 am

psj3809 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 pm
Spector wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 pm
What’s that honestly got to do with it ? Have you looked up the past of the other ‘side’ as well to be neutral ? Ridiculous
Absolutely. No way would being a convicted drug trafficker who is alleged to have done 'other things' have any bearing on her ethical suitability as a company director. And these other allegations regarding Suzanne Martin are ridiculous too.

She definitely has not claimed social security benefits for years claiming to be too ill for work while still working and/or extorting money from innocent people
She definitely did not falsely accuse someone of rape, leading him to be jailed for seven years before the truth came out and the conviction was quashed
She definitely did not get sacked for "gross incompetence" in February 2001 from Braingames Network (BGN) and on leaving wrote out cheques from the company to herself for £75,000
She definitely did not then sell a story to the News Of The World claiming BGN were involved with the Russian Mafia, an allegation subsequently found to be completely untrue and led to the NOTW paying BGN compensation
In May 2010 she definitely was not wanted by police for creating fraudulent police statements and documents and initially avoided arrest by threatening suicide and was admitted to St Charles Hospital. She doesn't have a history of faking mental illness to avoid court appearances.
In October 2010 she definitely was not arrested by Met Police and taken to Kilburn Police station kicking and screaming for perverting the course of Justice by forging witness statements for court cases and tribunals
She definitely does not have a history of extorting money from people by making unsubstantiated allegations, including one doctor who paid £25,000 even though he was not guilty of anything
The Daily Mail definitely were not about to make a full expose of Suzanne Martin some years ago, but when given by the paper a right to reply, she said she would commit suicide if they printed the article to avoid it becoming public
She has definitely not claimed that she 'makes money' from litigation. Over the past four years, 27 individuals and/or companies have definitely not been the victims of her litigious business methods.

As you say, psj3809, ridiculous.

And as for the latest from RCL:
"We are delighted to announce that we are now estimated to ship the first batch of Vega+ units by the 15th June 2018. We will be in touch v soon with more information."

AYE RIGHT.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

This is turning into the news of the world. I want my Vega I’ve pre ordered. What I won’t do is dig up stories/allegations and more about the person who hasn’t sent me it.

I’m sure if I spent time I could dig up dirt on many other people but I won’t. Again I’m neutral. But showing all that crap is OTT. So the other ex directors are totally innocent ? Why didn’t anyone find that stuff years back instead of later when it has turned into a battle on twitter etc. Both sides have lost in court so to me that says they’re as bad as each other. But of course you don’t hear about those losses on YouTube do you ? Just one sided

Yeah she’s got £100 of my money but I’m not gong to go over the top about it

The whole Vega story is just unbelievable at times

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:46 am

psj3809 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

I’m sure if I spent time I could dig up dirt on many other people but I won’t.
Not like that you won't.
psj3809 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am
Again I’m neutral.
Of course you are! I think it's unbelievable, something from September 2016, and lie after distortion after lie from a company whose director has those allegations over twenty years, and you're furious at someone pointing out it might have a bearing on what's going on here. Talk about deluded.

AS RCL would say - Happy Saturday!

merman

Post by merman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 am

To clarify this new "delivery date" -

Indiegogo gave RCL a deadline of the 31st May to deliver the goods or face the bailiffs being sent in.

RCL asked for an extension, which Indiegogo will only grant IF RCL deliver a completed unit to Indiegogo. There are other conditions too. But with no PEGI certification and no clear progress on securing the rights to all the games, this is looking unlikely.

Oh, and there's a new excuse. Apparently Sky (who hold the controlling interest in Amstrad, who bought the rights to the Spectrum) are now causing RCL "difficulties"...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Oh dear. I can't stomach this much /popcorn. I'm not even sure they sell enough to cover it.

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:44 pm

To follow on from my post and merman's comments about the background of the release date, does anybody here honestly believe anyone will get a Vega+ within a week of the 15th of June?