Page 11 of 25

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm
by The Laird
In the Facebook group about 10 people whose order numbers were under 30 have confirmed no email has been received. Some of those people messaged RCL. Only one got a response where he was told there "would be an announcement soon". The same old tired line.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am
by adippm82
The Laird wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm
In the Facebook group about 10 people whose order numbers were under 30 have confirmed no email has been received. Some of those people messaged RCL. Only one got a response where he was told there "would be an announcement soon". The same old tired line.
I'm not expecting any email soon as apparently anyone who has ordered a colour one other than black will not be getting theirs yet.

In fact I am not expecting anything at all, as The Laird says, it is all just an obvious last ditch desperate attempt to stall and deceive, I have long since given up any hope of getting my console or my money back, I doubt Indigogo sending in the bailiffs will have any effect, as whatever money was raised for the machines will have long gone.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 am
by kiwimike
adippm82 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am
The Laird wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm
In the Facebook group about 10 people whose order numbers were under 30 have confirmed no email has been received. Some of those people messaged RCL. Only one got a response where he was told there "would be an announcement soon". The same old tired line.
I'm not expecting any email soon as apparently anyone who has ordered a colour one other than black will not be getting theirs yet.

In fact I am not expecting anything at all, as The Laird says, it is all just an obvious last ditch desperate attempt to stall and deceive, I have long since given up any hope of getting my console or my money back, I doubt Indigogo sending in the bailiffs will have any effect, as whatever money was raised for the machines will have long gone.
Yes, I agree. I have little faith in these people, or Indigogo for that matter, have yet to see anything that shows any kind of effort to do the right thing, only to cover their arses legally with the absolute minimum required. It does remind me so much of game gadget - how appropriate the Blaze affiliated groups were to be distributors. Although to be fair they at least got a product out despite it being a cheap handheld a far cry from what it was hyped to be.

We will see.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 am
by psj3809
Yeah interesting stuff from TheLaird. They have been quite active on Facebook recently with updates so i've got a bit more faith. But until i get an email telling me its on my way i wont get too excited but i dont know, feeling a bit more positive this time. I'll give it another fortnight

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am
by Antiriad2097
psj3809 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 am
I'll give it another fortnight
Is that fortnight located in this decade?

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm
by merman
The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:49 pm
by kiwimike
I am VERY uneasy how the new site and name has been hastily put together, seemingly for the purpose of calling for 'preorders.'
A cynical person could be forgiven for thinking they are needing cash in the till, ASAP, to pay for a small amount of imported cheap alternatives to be sent out in a first batch to cover their arse.

Am I reading too much into it...? We will see.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am
by psj3809
merman wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm
The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.
Not bothered by the list as i'll be adding lots to a memory card anyway. Plus everytime they seem to publish a list some people just cause issues !

Think some people (many of which havent even pre-ordered one !) are just going to be constantly negative whatever happens

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 am
by Matt_B
It might be just me, but I'd think that the news that Chris Smith and Paul Andrews are attempting to regain control of the company seems far more positive than yet another release announcement that will probably fly by without anything being delivered. They seem to have a track record of actually delivering things, and it was only after their departure that the Vega Plus appears to come off the rails.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm
by kiwimike
Matt_B wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 am
It might be just me, but I'd think that the news that Chris Smith and Paul Andrews are attempting to regain control of the company seems far more positive than yet another release announcement that will probably fly by without anything being delivered. They seem to have a track record of actually delivering things, and it was only after their departure that the Vega Plus appears to come off the rails.
Certainly agree with you there.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:29 pm
by psj3809
Think it’s anither attempt to try and stop it again. Why do this now just as RCL have announced its shipping in a week ?

Why not take this action two years ago ? Why now of all times ?

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am
by kiwimike
It was actually the other way around. The meeting was called for the vote of no confidence in the directors....then their recent spate of announcements from RCL came out.
Hopefully it leads to something this time, at least, for the sake of all involved.

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:08 am
by The Laird
kiwimike wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am
It was actually the other way around. The meeting was called for the vote of no confidence in the directors....then their recent spate of announcements from RCL came out.
Hopefully it leads to something this time, at least, for the sake of all involved.
Correct. I already pointed this out too in my previous post. They had been on radio silence for months until after the announcement.

Also, has everyone seen the disgraceful story about the cut and paste obituary for Rick Dickinson they posted?

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am
by merman
psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am
merman wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm
The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.
Not bothered by the list as i'll be adding lots to a memory card anyway. Plus everytime they seem to publish a list some people just cause issues !

Think some people (many of which havent even pre-ordered one !) are just going to be constantly negative whatever happens
Another delay - games list won't be up till May the 4th.

And what happens if they publish a list with copyrighted games that should not be on there, or adult games that are age-rated? There is a constant pattern of missed deadlines and problems that is hard to ignore.


(And they continue to use the excuse that people being negative about them has slowed things down. That is grade A bull droppings)

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 am
by The Laird
merman wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am
psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am
merman wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm
The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.
Not bothered by the list as i'll be adding lots to a memory card anyway. Plus everytime they seem to publish a list some people just cause issues !

Think some people (many of which havent even pre-ordered one !) are just going to be constantly negative whatever happens
Another delay - games list won't be up till May the 4th.

And what happens if they publish a list with copyrighted games that should not be on there, or adult games that are age-rated? There is a constant pattern of missed deadlines and problems that is hard to ignore.


(And they continue to use the excuse that people being negative about them has slowed things down. That is grade A bull droppings)
Haven't you heard the new excuse for the delays? Apparently they need to investigate the legal letters sent by Paul Andrews as they are claiming his legal firm is fake and was completely made up by him :shock:

I wish I was joking I really do, but when I met his lawyer at his office a few weeks ago they were definitely a real person.