Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Will you buy a Spectrum Vega Plus

Yes
21%
No
67%
Can't Decide
12%

Total votes: 82

rocky1980

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:47 am

So now we have more than a few videos on YT, same they are still just prototypes / pre production units. The poor backers are still waiting !!!
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:38 am

Just a quick Bump- Have any backers heard any updates at all? Was always interested in seeing this if it emerges, and even the FB pages seem pretty quiet of late. Was hoping to have seen something, anything in regards to an update.

Noticed PQube of funstock affiliation are the distributors of it once (or if) emerges according to their site, and has pictured on their site. But other than that, haven't heard anything at all, even from the blogs following it

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:58 am

kiwimike wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:38 am
Noticed PQube of funstock affiliation are the distributors of it
Your guarantee of (poor) quality.

I thought it might all work out in the end, but this news really puts the nail in the coffin for me.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:14 am

kiwimike wrote:
Just a quick Bump- Have any backers heard any updates at all? Was always interested in seeing this if it emerges, and even the FB pages seem pretty quiet of late. Was hoping to have seen something, anything in regards to an update.

Noticed PQube of funstock affiliation are the distributors of it once (or if) emerges according to their site, and has pictured on their site. But other than that, haven't heard anything at all, even from the blogs following it
There haven't been any updates since May.

I can only guess that Retro Computers are far too busy fighting, and seemingly losing, lawsuits to actually get any development done these days.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:44 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:58 am
kiwimike wrote:
Noticed PQube of funstock affiliation are the distributors of it
Your guarantee of (poor) quality.

I thought it might all work out in the end, but this news really puts the nail in the coffin for me.
Yes sadly lining up with the blaze group is a bit of a worry...game gadget 2 comes to mind. Pity, I really wanted to see this thing. Much like the game gadget of course.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Bumping this topic again, as this train wreck continues on it's way. It's fascinating to watch, but incredibly unfair to backers who cannot get straight answers regarding basically anything. Agendas from all angles, it makes the news that comes out confusing and contradictory. A couple of online blogs are keeping track of the timeline- but it really is a he said/she said type of tennis game.

Was just wondering- perhaps the good old RG magazine or representative could contact the powers that be, allow them to tell their side of it in an interview. Dispel rumours, confirm things are still ticking along etc. Allow them the opportunity to prove it's still going along in an environment like a retro game magazine that would be a benefit to them commercially. If they are genuine I'd believe they would take that opportunity to be interviewed.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 pm

That would be a nice thing for them to do. However, it would be entirely contingent upon them not having blown all the money on the misguided legal actions so I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I'll refer you all to this article:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/1 ... complaint/

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 pm
That would be a nice thing for them to do. However, it would be entirely contingent upon them not having blown all the money on the misguided legal actions so I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I'll refer you all to this article:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/1 ... complaint/
Cheers for that. It's certainly anything but dull following it

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:30 am

Nice to read ! Seems like its finally happening (From Facebook)......

FINALLY

It is with enormous pride that we can confirm shipments of the first batch of ZX Vega+s.

Initial Shipments are scheduled between the 8th and 12th May 2018.

What happens next?

We will email you to confirm your delivery details are correct - this will not come via Indiegogo.

Once you have confirmed, we will come back to you with a scheduled delivery date for your order and shipping details.

Please note that the colour units will not be in the first batch and we will come back to you very soon to with a time frame on these items

Our new website is live at retro.business and you can check for other updates there.

retro.business our shop is open

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:00 am

psj3809 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:30 am
It is with enormous pride that we can confirm shipments of the first batch of ZX Vega+s.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's that saying about an empty drum making the most noise?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 am

I'd be proud if I'd come through that shitstorm and managed to deliver. Good on them if they actually make the delivery and continue to fill orders.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 am

I must admit i was finally thinking (after defending them for so long) it might not happen a few months ago but i'm glad this is happening for sure.

I might be in the first batch so i'm looking forward to it. Second i get mine i'll post for sure

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:21 am

Yet there is still no Pegi rating, which takes at least a month to obtain.

There are no photos of the actual Vega V2, just renders of the original model.

This announcement was made 1 hour after they were served with a legal majority shareholder letter calling for a meeting to have the directors removed.

Also comes days before the Indiegogo deadline and a day after the sad death of Rick Dickinson, who's name they are suddenly touting once again.

Not one backer has received any such email.

There still isn't a games list or technical specification.

The whole thing reeks of lies and desperation.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:40 am

Yeah some valid points. Last thing i would do is to post a gameslist though for obvious reasons

Time will tell

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:14 pm

The Laird wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:21 am
Yet there is still no Pegi rating, which takes at least a month to obtain.

There are no photos of the actual Vega V2, just renders of the original model.

This announcement was made 1 hour after they were served with a legal majority shareholder letter calling for a meeting to have the directors removed.

Also comes days before the Indiegogo deadline and a day after the sad death of Rick Dickinson, who's name they are suddenly touting once again.

Not one backer has received any such email.

There still isn't a games list or technical specification.

The whole thing reeks of lies and desperation.
This.

As they have made these little promises already, I will reserve judgement until it happens. I always had a thought they would deny deny defend and bluff until they managed to get something pulled together- like a Ali express cheap knockoff just to cover themselves legally. For the sake of the long suffering backers I would be delighted to be proven wrong, but it seems no coincidence these seemingly proud announcements of arrival always appear on the brink of something major about to bust their game. The timeline has shown it, again and again.

Anyone been contacted who has backed it- Roll of honour, address confirmation, ANYTHING?

If it does not appear this time, a Retro Gamer feature is well overdue. This is retro game news, after all?