I wish I had that back

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DaveDoc1984

Re: I wish I had that back

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Somewhere in London there is a lock up containing my Atari Lynx, SNES with about 30 games, original Gameboy with about 20 games and various assorted Master System. My ex-girlfriend put it all in storage when we moved away. Then we split up. The games included Castlevania, Sunset RIders, Super Metroid and Zelda.......

censored
Man thats HARSH!! :(
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Somewhere in London there is a lock up containing my Atari Lynx, SNES with about 30 games, original Gameboy with about 20 games and various assorted Master System. My ex-girlfriend put it all in storage when we moved away. Then we split up. The games included Castlevania, Sunset RIders, Super Metroid and Zelda.......

censored
I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced in an episode of storage wars, with a rather fat essex man shouting "boom!" as he bids peanuts for your lovely former game collection. :(

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:

censored
I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced in an episode of storage wars, with a rather fat essex man shouting "boom!" as he bids peanuts for your lovely former game collection. :(

I would laugh my arse off to be honest...

BOOOOOM
Going Solo...................

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:06 am

My C16.

Not because it's a brilliant machine, or I have a hankering to play on it again, but it was my first computer. And I'd love to have it back.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:25 am

I can't think of anything from my gaming past but I wish I never gave away all my Kenner Star Wars toys and my Santa Cruz skateboard!

joefish

Post by joefish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 am

I traded in lots of PS1 and GB games in the first instance to save a bit of cash, and in the second instance, living in a hostel, to save room - keeping to just the three games that'd fit in the carry case.

No major regrets, as it's been easy to buy at least all the best PS1 stuff back for a lot less now than I traded it in for. The only rare and expensive titles now seem to be the ones I never had anyway. Not too bothered by the lack of GB games as I kept hold of Probotector and R-Type. An original, boxed, (B&W) Link's Awakening would be nice, but it's not as though it'd get played.

Certainly don't miss that PS1 FFVII one little bit...

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:

censored
Maybe he could go on storage wars and bid for his stuff back and make that fat cretin eat his words?

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Would be nice to still have the actual 1st console (Atari VCS) & 1st computer (48k Speccy) I had, but not really that bothered.

I've never got rid of anything I still want to play that i can't go back & emulate.

I do have one huge regret though, at school I leant a huge pile of C64 games to some girl who was a friend of a friend, only ended up getting about half of them back as she'd leant them to someone else...stupidly I had included a copy of a SEUCK game I made... AND IT WAS THE ONLY COPY!!

Have always bitterly regretted not doing more to try to get it back at the time & I'd forgotten how much it bugged me until I just thought about it there...grrrr.

25 years that one's been simmering under for, probably explains my mood swings & why I get so snappy & irritable sometimes.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

joefish

Post by joefish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Actually one regret I have was losing a puffed clamshell boxed River Raid for the Speccy, which was one of a selection of games I was selling. I somewhat foolishly handed it over to this little scrote a few years below me at school (who was probably one of the sods who then started picking on my younger brother when he started there) before getting the money off him.

Actually, just noticed, looking at the later box artwork:
http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Atar ... vision.jpg
Up on the left there, that is one f***ing HUGE tank!

The-game

Post by The-game » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Oh god what have I started, now I am depressed from all the comments haha One thing I wish I did was look after my Gameboy better and kept the box for my games but as a kid you just want to play the games or consoles than look after them. All I need to fix this problem is a time machine!

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:18 pm

My C64 original games. Particularly Little Computer People on disk.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Yes I "lost" quite some stuff I had. What I'd like back? I guess my SNES with games which I gave away to a friend, but it wouldn't be polite to want that back... :wink:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:59 pm

My first zx spectrum collection that was started in 1985. We used to go to boot sales all the time and I would always come back with games , I was never short of something to play.

I know i had some great stuff in there and I passed it all on to someone i knew for a £5. What the hell i was thinking?

My own first Megadrive collection - a hell of a lot of money went into that (not always well spent money but I know my parents paid £60 for one game for me.) and I got rid of it at a Cash Converters for beer and fag money - took me ages to find Rainbow Islands again.

Alien Soldier - managed to find it cheap and spun it for a good profit after i played it and didnt enjoy it. Really , really stupid idea.

Secret of Evermore - got it from a local second hand tat shop for £2 boxed , in 1998. Played it , loved it , finished it and then sold the SNES on without a second thought.

Gotcha Force - bought at a low price while on holiday in Hythe . Played it and really disliked it - bit of a theme here.

Ive learned over last few years that just because i dont like it , doesnt mean its not supposed to stay in my collection.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 pm

shiftytigger wrote: Ive learned over last few years that just because i dont like it , doesnt mean its not supposed to stay in my collection.
I'm exactly the same. Some games just go so well together...

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Ive never sold anything (bar one game i owned two of) so happy on that front, though i do miss my megadrive copy of Quackshot i leant to my cousin before she sold her megadrive and all the games she had including mine! Sod i liked that game as well!

Only thing i miss other then that is my commodore with thr 40-50 odd games i had for it. Sad it broke and being much more computer savvy now then i was age 4 i could probably have actually played some.of the games lol!

PSN username - MartinPhantom