I wish I had that back

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The-game

I wish I had that back

Post by The-game » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 am

Have you had a game or console you sold or just went missing, wishing you it had back today ?

JamesC

Re: I wish I had that back

Post by JamesC » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:51 am

Too much stuff to mention.

Particularly gutted that my Zelda Game and Watch is nowhere to be found.
Also my mint, boxed Game Boy, with several mint, boxed games which I bought from new including Link's Awakening and Probotector. I think my nephews probably got hold of those things while I was off at Uni.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:35 am

Nope, there's no regrets, no tears goodbye, i don't want you back, we'd only cry again, say goodbye again......
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:06 am

Thankfully I've been pretty lucky in this regard. I didn't really sell anything back then and the only thing that went missing was my Snes copy of Wolverine. I did pick a new copy of Wolverine up to finally finish it but it turns out that the game was way worse than I remember and wasn't worth the time/money/effort playing it. Truly an awful game that probably went missing for a reason :lol:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:32 am

Big box copy of Super Metroid with the players guide

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:37 am

Virtual Boy and PC Engine Turbo Express

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am

All the Gamboy games I had as a kid, complete in boxes. I had a huge collection until I eventually moved on and sold the lot at a car boot sale.
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 am

I had a boxed nes a few years ago but had to sell at the time due to lack of funds...

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:56 am

Our Spectrum that got given to the school fair once we got the Mega Drive. It didn't sell and remained in the school stock cupboard for years after that, I'd see it all the time wanting it back but knowing I couldn't. It was in there for at least ten years, no idea what became of it.

Got a SNES at a school fair some years later, £20 for the StarWing set (boxed!), with twelve boxed games. Still got all that, but in a daft manner chucked all the boxes out in an effort to please a constantly moaning mother :roll:

She also chucked all the boxes from our big-box PC games while we were at school one day - got back and all our lovely boxes had been reduced to CD cases on a rack!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DaveDoc1984

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:53 pm

My GameBoy console and all the games I had :(
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 pm

The copy of Super Mario Kart I lent to a mate, that he very kindly cleared off with, never to be seen again!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Not in Computer games, but I wish my mother hadn't given all my Transformers away. They'd be worth a fortune now.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:50 pm

My entire SNES collection, including all the Mario games, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, Secret of Mana, etc etc. Not to play, I'd just like the chance to sell it all for today's prices :shock:

Joking aside I've had the pleasure of owning just about every major video game system at one point or another, most important thing I've learned is not to get attached. They're entertainment machines, I don't 'miss' owning any of them and I could theoretically purchase them again any time I wanted. Life is more important than shelves and shelves of video games.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm

My CD32 and Atari Jaguar. I had no idea of the expandability if the CD32, and I sold it because i never used it. Same with the jag. Just wish I never sold them :(
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Somewhere in London there is a lock up containing my Atari Lynx, SNES with about 30 games, original Gameboy with about 20 games and various assorted Master System. My ex-girlfriend put it all in storage when we moved away. Then we split up. The games included Castlevania, Sunset RIders, Super Metroid and Zelda.......

censored
Going Solo...................