thinking of getting a new ps4 HDD

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stayAwhile

thinking of getting a new ps4 HDD

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:37 pm

so i want to get a 2TB Hard drive for my ps4 but i dont have a pc to use to get the system software onto it so if i was at somepoint this year to buy one off amazon or somewhere would anyone be willing to do that bit for me if i got the hard drive sent to them and i could pay the postage to get it sent back to me as well. not sure when i'm getting one but i need to know if anyone could do this for me so I dont waste time getting a har drive i cant use.

and i know some people may say jsut get a pc but i hate pcs even if i had the money i wouldnt get a pc they are too much hassle, you can be as safe as you want online but theres always a risk of your pc being infected and not just that its the constant updating the parts e.c.t plus a console will last 10 years with little problems and a pc will slow down and need new ram ect so yeah thats just a few of the reasons i wont get a pc, speicaly since its not worth buying onme just for tasks such as sorting out a hard drive, i much prefer using internet and online stuff on my xbox as it goes though my nice 32 inch tv not a small moniter haha

oh yeah and why get a pc that takes up a whole desk and space under the desk when things like amgias have better games and take up the desk only and look better :lol:
This guy are sick

Bluce_Ree

Re: thinking of getting a new ps4 HDD

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 am

Hey chap, I've just upgraded mine. Instead of sending the hard drive, I could post you the upgrade software on a USB stick, you then run that on the PS4 itself. As long as you don't mind sending it back after. PM me and I'll hook you up.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:56 am

that is a better idea
This guy are sick

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed May 04, 2016 10:50 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:Hey chap, I've just upgraded mine. Instead of sending the hard drive, I could post you the upgrade software on a USB stick, you then run that on the PS4 itself. As long as you don't mind sending it back after. PM me and I'll hook you up.
hopefully upgrading my ps4 hdd later in the year if i pm you nearer the time are you still ok to lend me the usb stick with the firmware on?
This guy are sick

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 am

Is it not like the PS3 then when all you do is swap the HDD out and it installs all itself?

this is somthing im thinking of doing with mine also and wasnt aware it requires the update file on a memory stick

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am

HisNHer_LP wrote:Is it not like the PS3 then when all you do is swap the HDD out and it installs all itself?

this is somthing im thinking of doing with mine also and wasnt aware it requires the update file on a memory stick
it needs th firmware yes i recomend amazon they do 2tb drives cheap
This guy are sick

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:33 pm

HisNHer_LP wrote:Is it not like the PS3 then when all you do is swap the HDD out and it installs all itself?
You can't just put any hard drive into a PS3 unless it comes from another PS3 console on the same or later firmware. You have to format it to FAT32 and have a FAT32 formatted usb stick with the ps3 update file on (PS3 update.pup). I know this as I've fixed several PS3s with knackered/corrupted/no hard drives